Verizon One (M8) Off-Topic Thread

Search This thread

replica9000

May 31, 2009
Anyone get their hands on a 128GB sdcard yet? Looks like they're hard to come by at the moment.

Nov 21, 2012
Too expensive currently would rather have 32gb class 10

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

replica9000

May 31, 2009
Amazon lists the Sandisk 128GB at $120 while Best Buy lists it at $200. Think I paid $70 for 32GB card a few years ago.

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I'm doing alright. Found out I need a third surgery on my arm which isn't fun but hopefully it will help the ridiculous pain. How are you? For SD cards 128 seems overkill especially with the read write restrictions on 4.4. I got a 64gb class 10 about two years ago for 70$ at best buy. Could've gotten it cheaper but with how quickly those can die I like to be able to swap them in a store. Saves time :)

replica9000

May 31, 2009
I'm doing alright. Found out I need a third surgery on my arm which isn't fun but hopefully it will help the ridiculous pain. How are you? For SD cards 128 seems overkill especially with the read write restrictions on 4.4. I got a 64gb class 10 about two years ago for 70$ at best buy. Could've gotten it cheaper but with how quickly those can die I like to be able to swap them in a store. Saves time :)

Good luck with your surgery. With a 128GB card, I could put all of my music and maybe some other media on there. There are also a few ways to get around the KitKat restrictions.

Reactions: wtoj34

Karl

Nov 27, 2009
California

the devs removed the KK sd limittion, its not over kill if you wanna use your One as a media player its like its asking you to use for the purpose with fm radio capabilities :victory:

replica9000

May 31, 2009
the devs removed the KK sd limittion, its not over kill if you wanna use your One as a media player its like its asking you to use for the purpose with fm radio capabilities :victory:

devs for custom ROMs? The limitation still exists in stock. I'm using an Xposed module to get around that.

Sevinex

Jul 27, 2013
San Diego
I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but has anyone found an effective way to remove small pieces of lint/dirt/etc. from the speaker grills? I just recently noticed that there is this tiny little spec (no idea that type of material) stuck in my top speaker grill, and my OCD is killing me right now... I tried to remove it via blowing on it, as well as trying to dig it out, though neither succeeded. Any suggestions?

Evocm7

Oct 19, 2011
Bakersfield
I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but has anyone found an effective way to remove small pieces of lint/dirt/etc. from the speaker grills? I just recently noticed that there is this tiny little spec (no idea that type of material) stuck in my top speaker grill, and my OCD is killing me right now... I tried to remove it via blowing on it, as well as trying to dig it out, though neither succeeded. Any suggestions?

I have the same problem I have one spec in one hole in the dead center on top and I'm going crazy lol. Ugh I accept defeat :(

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

My buddy sent me a link for a 128gb card for $54 on eBay

I hope it has a warranty. It probably won't last 6 months. And I'm being generous with 6 months.

replica9000

May 31, 2009
Quite a few of my speaker holes are blocked too. VZW is sending me a replacement anyways because of my display. I have backlight bleed at the bottom, and can actually see the LEDs at certain angles. Also I have faint spots and smudges that I can't seem to remove. Maybe the oleophobic coasting is defective? Hopefully I don't get a refurb since these phones haven't been out long.

Sevinex

Jul 27, 2013
San Diego
My buddy sent me a link for a 128gb card for $54 on eBay

Yeah, I agree with @Evocm7, I would be careful with that SD card. I imagine that it isn't SanDisk, or PNY, because of its listed price, so I would watch out in case it randomly "dies" (while this hasn't happened to myself, I have a friend whose SD card died and he lost close to 20 GB of pictures). I have been thinking of upgrading to a 64 GB SanDisk for a while now, and am trying to decide between that, a 128 GB memory extension on my Macbook Air, and a keyboard case for my iPad Air. Decisions, decision... I think I am leaning more towards the memory extension, as I have yet to even fill half of my M8's internal memory, much less the 32 GB micro SD card I have in it now.

I have the same problem I have one spec in one hole in the dead center on top and I'm going crazy lol. Ugh I accept defeat :(

Actually, I found a fix. I put packing tape over the left and right sides of my speaker grill (trying to cover as much as possible without overlapping the spec), and left my speakers on high volume for a couple minutes with the display facing down but raised from the surface below. For good measure, I chose to play hip hop (lots of bass, which by my understanding of how speakers operate generates the most air movement), and after I picked it up, THE SPEC WAS NO MORE! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Quite a few of my speaker holes are blocked too. VZW is sending me a replacement anyways because of my display. I have backlight bleed at the bottom, and can actually see the LEDs at certain angles. Also I have faint spots and smudges that I can't seem to remove. Maybe the oleophobic coasting is defective? Hopefully I don't get a refurb since these phones haven't been out long.

If it is through Asurion, you can expect that it will be a refurbished device. Otherwise, it will most likely be new (I cannot imagine THAT many people have returned their devices, after all it has only been out for such a short period of time).

Last edited:

replica9000

May 31, 2009
Received my replacement M8 today. Looks like a got a CLNR according to the paperwork. Looks brand new to me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good luck with your surgery. With a 128GB card, I could put all of my music and maybe some other media on there. There are also a few ways to get around the KitKat restrictions.