Arkanius

Mar 26, 2010
Windows 8 has ARM support
It's totally possible if someone sinks time and resources into it
It's unlikely though...

t%20g

Jan 8, 2012
Bangalore
So its clear that windows 8 on gtab 10.1 is nearly impossible due to its UEFI secured boot, drivers or what ever...
Instead, get dual boot of android and ubuntu/arch which is easily possible.
Is there a something that ubuntu cant do(i mean except these KIES, itunes, pc suits and these stuff)?

shawnwojcik

May 4, 2009
You're really underestimating a multi-billion dollar corporation.

If that were true. The Xbox 360 wouldnt be hacked consistently after every attempt by m$ to stop it.

I agree with the op. I am hoping one day we will be able to dual boot an android tab with win 8. There are some things that would be way easier to do with full fledged windows rather then a remote desktop app.

shawnwojcik

May 4, 2009
You have to be blind or worst not to see the HUGE gap between by-passing a couple locks and installing a mostly working yet totally different and not open-sourced OS.

Yeah worst... Even though nothing of Microsoft is open sourced. Someone always seems to crack whatever they release weather it's a "couple of locks" or whatever they come out with. You don't know anything more about what your talking about then I do. So please keep spouting your nonsense. As I'm sure it will help the community.

wtgserpant

Feb 10, 2012
New York
I hope not ................. :)

Hello

Is it possible to install Windows 7 or Windows 8 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1?

Thank you in advance.

Windows 7 is x86 and X64 versions only but GT 10.1 has an arm processor .... so its not possible to port Windows 7!

As for Windows 8 , even though it has an arm version, it has not reached the hands of developers so for the time being Windows 8 port is not possible!

But lastly, since Windows 8 or 7 are not open like Android I personally doubt anyone would bother spending countless hours of wasted time to just port OSs which would never work properly ......................

Hope this answers everything! :cool:

gfreeman86

Apr 15, 2010
I think we really don't need Windows on our great tablet...but it would at least be interesting...:rolleyes:

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
I won't lie, the Samsung hardware has passed in terms of Hardware Acceleration and Mango and iOS are completely Hardware Accelerated OS's it could be possible as we meet the desired specs to run it. Also it would be nice to get a taste of which OS performs better.

Dec 23, 2010
Chennai
Windows 8 Consumer Preview on Galaxy Tab 10.1?

Microsoft just released Windows 8 consumer preview!

I know that this is too early to ask, but is it possible to get a build running on our tabs? Your thoughts?

Reactions: Soupahgrheane

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I won't lie, the Samsung hardware has passed in terms of Hardware Acceleration and Mango and iOS are completely Hardware Accelerated OS's it could be possible as we meet the desired specs to run it. Also it would be nice to get a taste of which OS performs better.
    Let's hope someone gets it loaded

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda premium

Let's not. ;)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app
    This thread is not the focal point for all discussions relating to running Win7, Win8 or WinAnything on the Tab 10.1.

It has been formed by merging some of the largest and oldest Windows-on-Tab threads into one.
    Nvidia is Intel....

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
    (sigh) do you really believe that Microsoft would release Windows 10 for the ARM type cpu? Even the devices running Windows 8 RT won't ever receive Windows 10! So in short, it will never happen, period.
    years later and microsoft released windows 10 ARM32/ARM64