MIUI.us 3.2.8 for AT&T Galaxy S3

Search This thread

PhillyFlyer

Jan 18, 2011
Philadelphia
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I just have to comment and tell other SG3 users how freaking awesome this is for us. I was an old Captivate user and MIUI was my daily driver - this ROM has changed everything for my SG3. Good work and thank you - and for those looking through wondering if this is worth a shot, look no further.

Reactions: BigDogPooh

Franky_V

Jul 20, 2010
I think there is an update of cm10 that has the call echo fix. It's mentioned in task's aokp change log. That would be a nice update, if you could update the base to include that fix.

Just trying to be helpful :D

Sent from my Galaxy S III

PhillyFlyer

Jan 18, 2011
Philadelphia
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I think there is an update of cm10 that has the call echo fix. It's mentioned in task's aokp change log. That would be a nice update, if you could update the base to include that fix.

Just trying to be helpful :D

Sent from my Galaxy S III

That's great great news actually. Miss my speaker phone :laugh:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Last edited:

moldovanos

Sep 30, 2012
I do not have any issues with Echo, but I do have issue with MMS, when I send a pic to iphone it shows up as just a black page ( I did delete all APN;S besides LTE). Other than that and App manager I do not have any issues, thank you for the ROM

BigDogPooh

Mar 21, 2006
Catskill
I do not have any issues with Echo, but I do have issue with MMS, when I send a pic to iphone it shows up as just a black page ( I did delete all APN;S besides LTE). Other than that and App manager I do not have any issues, thank you for the ROM

Strange, because i tested mine by sending the MMS to my daughter's iPhone...Its been recommended in other posts to set Authentication Type in APN to none...

As far as the App Manager you can use the TW manager mentioned a few pages back or download Airdroid which has a built in app manger that works well. I had the App manager working, but then the battery manager wouldn't work, so i will need to look into it some more and learn some new skills to fix. Yay!!!!!

Shaddy-Z.

Dec 19, 2010
Am I doing something wrong? I've downloaded this ROM about 5 times and tried to flash but I keep getting a getprop error (status 7). I'm coming from task's AOKP ROM but I didn't think it'd be a problem.

BigDogPooh

Mar 21, 2006
Catskill
Am I doing something wrong? I've downloaded this ROM about 5 times and tried to flash but I keep getting a getprop error (status 7). I'm coming from task's AOKP ROM but I didn't think it'd be a problem.

Are you using CWM or TWRP and how current is it. May need to update...I personally use TWRP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

bori1030

Aug 3, 2010
washington D.C.
ok so decided to give this a spin with all the bad miui luck lately I almost didn't.. glad I did this Thing is flawless for me UPs to the op for your first port thats better and more stable then any other MIui in months! I'm having NO issue EVERYTHING works fine for me themes,facebook,mms ,LTE works perfect.. actually NFC is not working but thats it... no lag no flickering.. I'm so amazed it came out so good.. thanks agian bro

The Boxinator

Feb 6, 2011
Just flashed this myself on boot everything is looking nice. I downloaded a horde of themes and it rebooted by itself :p I think that may have been to much to do so soon after flash. But I think my LTE vanished, It may just be that my house is a dead zone... I normally got one bar on 4G (Right outside I generally see like 4 bars) but the only APN is the LTE one. So I am assuming. Will wait to see if the 4G icon comes back XD other then that running smooth. I do notice it does get a bit choppy when I jump in to the edit mode. But it's minor because it still runs flawlessly minus some visual slowing. After I play with the customization some I will get that new camera apk :3 Will report as I find ^^

Okay Update time: My 4G is fine now, however it still seems to be rebooting almost every 5 minutes or so. Everything is working perfectly, 4G, Gallery, Wifi, blue-tooth, themes etc etc. Anyone know why it's rebooting. I came from stock clean wipe, dalvik wipe etc etc.

Last edited:

Jirv311

Mar 30, 2008
Johnstown
- AT&T/Rogers GS3
- CWM 6.0.12 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1856940)
- I'm on a T-Mobile rom, WICKED [ v7 ] UVALJ4

Recovery version should be fine but it is an i747m correct? That's probably why it won't flash because its looking for d2att specifically. You can remove the assert section from the updater script which will allow it to flash but I honestly don't know if that will work for you.

Sent from my phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
    MIUI v4.1 JB 3.2.8 For AT&T Samsung Galaxy S-III

Installation Instructions
    Boot into recovery
    Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    Create a backup
    Factory reset device and wipe caches
    Install zip from SD card
    Reboot and enjoy!

What Works
    Everything as far as I know. You tell me!

3.2.8 Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/?vhdncnnc688ko2f

GApps
    http://www.mediafire.com/?hk2q9g3m6y0o9b1

Thanks To
    Chairface
    MIUI.us Team and IRC
    iBotPeaches

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for your bricked units if you do not install properly...if you are not sure what MiUi US is please search it and you will find a vast amount of info...
    Modified Ktoonsez

Here is the modified kernel..
    Make sure you backup before installing it may be a little buggy..

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ay18s261qm0mkf

Thanks to Ktoonsez for making such an awesome kernel.
    Change log

Update highlights of MIUI ROM 3.2.8

Nothing exciting to list....
    I'm working on the 2.12.7 update..i should hopefully have it up in a day or two...
    Heads up guys...I do have build 2.12.7 ready for upload. The only thing not working at the moment is the signal bars. They show full strength all the time. Everything else works such as themes, alarm clock, ect....I'm going to try to get a fix for the signal bars before I upload, but will post it up regardless sometime today.

This build was the first one that I really got into the porting process and built it up from ground zero. With that said the 2.12.14 release also comes out today and I will start work on it tonight. The process should be much smoother since I'm getting used to the process and mods that are required so I should be able to turn the rom out quicker.