Garmin-Asus M10

Search This thread

urphonesux

Jun 24, 2008
Captiva
i looked all through the rar file and cannot find anything that exen remotely looks like its made for garmin. Has anyone extracted the navigation app yet?

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
I looked through and found the following files:

GarminSearch
Que.exe
QueAPI.dll
QueBlueGpd.dll

However i could not get anything to work via substitution in to my existing installation using the Que.exe file......

hevo24

Jul 6, 2010
Turn off key vibration

I have found the following registry keys to turn off vibration:

Turn off vibration for Windows home (short press) / Task Manager (long press) key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH:TKVibrateTime
-> set to 0

Turn off vibration of virtual keyboard:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\XT9\Sip:Vibrate
-> set to 0

It looks like there is even a UI to change virtual keyboard vibration:
\Windows\XT9Settings.exe

Did not test it as I already patched registry.

I am still using old firmware 4.x so I do not know if all above applies for 6.17 / 6.22.

multi888

Mar 17, 2010
I have found the following registry keys to turn off vibration:

Turn off vibration for Windows home (short press) / Task Manager (long press) key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH:TKVibrateTime
-> set to 0

Turn off vibration of virtual keyboard:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\XT9\Sip:Vibrate
-> set to 0

It looks like there is even a UI to change virtual keyboard vibration:
\Windows\XT9Settings.exe

Did not test it as I already patched registry.

I am still using old firmware 4.x so I do not know if all above applies for 6.17 / 6.22.

Thanks...it works for the new 6.22 FW too.:)

anhquynh2007

Jan 7, 2006
Asus M10 is different from M10E, is not it ?
And Can I use Rom of M10 for M10E ? Please tell me. Thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some Regitry hacks

WiFi will stay active in sleep mode
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Power \ State \ Suspend \ (98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006)]
    "Default" = dword: 00000001

Disabling Windows Lock
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Drivers \ builtin \ PwrMon]
    "Enabled" = dword: 00000000

and the second is:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Today \ Items \ "Device Lock"]

Turning off the EULA
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ ASUS \ EULA]
    I am making new forum for Nuvifone M10.Please post here new firmware and themes and applications.

banner.jpg

Here you can download last WWE /english version of firmware:
    http://www.garminasus.com/en_IN/support/nuvifone-M10-software-updates.html

For users who wants to change their language to English:
    Exe file must be extracted with following batch file(p835abisplit3.exe M10_ALL_V6.15.0_Modem_V4.7.8_Ship_WWE_app_IDN00_V5.1.8.exe)

Than put *.abi file to your Storage card and put phone in boot mode.Rom will
    be upfraded to English version.
    check 1st

im havin very bad situation here. juz bought M10 second hand set from singapore dealer but eventually, juz realize voice prompt not functioning. so when i check at navigation setting, it dont have any audio voice option, its empty. when navigate, its silence navigation cuz even i click speak, no sound at all.

can anyone hepl me how to solve this cuz i suspect got data lost in the folder system regarding to audio voice. how to recover it again. thanks

First see ...Is there any audio file in settings>navigation>audio,if yess than enable Voice prompt..now it will work
    If not thn reply me , i will help you by uploading files in next post..;)

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

I Can put windows 7 in my nuvifone? :confused:

Unfortunately,you cant..:(
    because Asus m10 does not meet with the requirements for installing Windows 7 i.e Device must have 7 hardware buttons..& many otherss...

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

After I transfer to the external SD card. I reboot by pressing power + down vol button together, I got a confirmation screen to proceed or cancel, I press the call button and immediately goes to auto installer screen. I din see the selection for SD card or USB option., did I do something wrong?

Reboot your phone ....press On + volume down button after warning screen come press up volume button now you will see "selection for SD card or USB option"

Press thanks button if it help you

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

@amitheunlimited
    First thanks to all . I was flash to deutchland FW v6.26 i have TMC - green icon up , and a lot of more application . Picassa , and moore . And dont have to english language . I tried to put up file for English and was no difference.I was flash to India - english FW v6.26 To post 1# @nortonnc and dont have TMC green icon my M10 . But my M10 have english language ?

In firmware of India,there is no TMC supported ...so reflash it with your country's firmware
    My Garmin Asus M10 takes more strength when press to the screen.
    Can be adjust screen pressure threshold? We can be edit registry to solve them? How?

HKLM/System/GWE/Touch/Filter/MinimumTapTime = 8 (restart
    hurozan:

1. Copy both downloaded files to c:\rom
    2. Start -> Run -> cmd
    3. type cd \rom
    4. type p835abisplit3.exe M10_ALL_V6.15.0_Modem_V4.7.8_Ship_WWE_app_IDN00_V5 .1.8.exe
    5. Wait till it finishes. In the c:\rom folder there will be M10_ALL_V6.15.0_Modem_V4.7.8_Ship_WWE_app_IDN00_V5 .1.8.abi file

Regards.