Screen Flickering Problem at bottom right corner only in Nexus 7 2nd Gen

Search This thread

Mosharraf29

Nov 26, 2009
I have searched the entire forum for the similar problem i am facing but couldn't find any and had to write to you in private.

I have bought my device 3-4 months ago from Bangladesh and cant claim any warranty or replacement. My device screen is flickering more often day by day at the bottom right corner. Its like a screen shot of the top or any other portion of the tab that is flickering at the bottom right corner. I tried the brightness issue, didn't work. Then I factory reset my device thought might be a bug but still no luck. Now i am worried whether this is a hardware problem or not. But i never dropped the device. So shouldn't be one.

I recorded the problem with my mobile to be more precise. Video attached herewith in zip file.

I would be really grateful if anyone can help me out with a solution.

Thanks.

Abel669

Jan 13, 2012
Chesterfield
www.facebook.com
I have searched the entire forum for the similar problem i am facing but couldn't find any and had to write to you in private.

I have bought my device 3-4 months ago from Bangladesh and cant claim any warranty or replacement. My device screen is flickering more often day by day at the bottom right corner. Its like a screen shot of the top or any other portion of the tab that is flickering at the bottom right corner. I tried the brightness issue, didn't work. Then I factory reset my device thought might be a bug but still no luck. Now i am worried whether this is a hardware problem or not. But i never dropped the device. So shouldn't be one.

I recorded the problem with my mobile to be more precise. Video attached herewith in zip file.

Thanks.

It seems like your CPU/GPU is burning out... I had the same problem when over clocking my old Galaxy Ace..

The problem may not be the same, but its all I can think of.

EDIT: it could possibly be because the ribbon cable that connects the Screen to the MoBo is loose?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Mosharraf29

Mosharraf29

Nov 26, 2009
It seems like your CPU/GPU is burning out... I had the same problem when over clocking my old Galaxy Ace..

EDIT: it could possibly be because the ribbon cable that connects the Screen to the MoBo is loose?

Ribbon cable...i thought of that too...hope that is the prob..it shouldn't be a great problem then. What if CPU/GPU is burning out...what will be the solution then? Thanks for your reply though.:good:

Abel669

Jan 13, 2012
Chesterfield
www.facebook.com
Ribbon cable...i thought of that too...hope that is the prob..it shouldn't be a great problem then. What if CPU/GPU is burning out...what will be the solution then? Thanks for your reply though.:good:

If the ribbon cable is loose, power off you device and pull the back cover off and have a look.

If the CPU/GPU is burning out, the only thing I would suggest would be a moderate under clock of both units and pray that your device will last, alternatively, throw your device at a wall to preemptively break it before they do die and your device becomes a really crappy decorative ornament.

Seeing as you cannot get a replacement, your only option is to try and keep it from happening by any means.. It is only a matter of time.

OR,

I'm wrong.

Mosharraf29

Nov 26, 2009
If the ribbon cable is loose, power off you device and pull the back cover off and have a look.

If the CPU/GPU is burning out, the only thing I would suggest would be a moderate under clock of both units and pray that your device will last, alternatively, throw your device at a wall to preemptively break it before they do die and your device becomes a really crappy decorative ornament.

Seeing as you cannot get a replacement, your only option is to try and keep it from happening by any means.. It is only a matter of time.

OR,

I'm wrong.

Last night i showed my device to a professional and as this device is not much available in Bangladesh, they are not expert enough. Though he suspected it might be the cable issue but he cant be sure. He might get it right if he gets another same device to test. So m left with very few options :crying:. I got to wait for the parts to be available or i got to contact the Asus product importers but fingers crossed. Disappointing...its just a couple of months and lot of money for me.

Anyway...thanks for all the help and support. Appreciate it.

thais14_03

Nov 7, 2013
Last night i showed my device to a professional and as this device is not much available in Bangladesh, they are not expert enough. Though he suspected it might be the cable issue but he cant be sure. He might get it right if he gets another same device to test. So m left with very few options :crying:. I got to wait for the parts to be available or i got to contact the Asus product importers but fingers crossed. Disappointing...its just a couple of months and lot of money for me.

Anyway...thanks for all the help and support. Appreciate it.

am experiencing the same issue, plz notify me if any updates, thx

Redaaku

Aug 1, 2011
Long Beach
I face the same issue on my nexus 7(2013). Is there any solution to this?

Sent from my Xperia Sola using Tapatalk

Red_Chaos1

Jun 27, 2015
I have this issue as well. Got a 16GB 2013 model free that had a shattered digitizer. Replaced the screen and for about 24 hours it seemed fine (only a little use). As I began to check it out and use it I started getting this odd flicking glitch on the bottom right of the screen, right edge to about 3/4 or 4/5 to the left. over time the amount of time the glitching occurs has gotten longer, and after re-seating all of the cables (they're in good and straight) it's pretty much constant now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.