** [GUIDE] FIX AND RESCUE YOUR VIBRICK + ODIN SUPPORT! N00b Friendly **

Search This thread

pkopalek

Feb 11, 2010
Buffalo, NY

That's fantastic. But now I don't seem to be able to recover the phone, now that I've tried to Odin with the 20100512 PIT and UVJFD Tar

My Vibrant was on the latest firmware.

I flashed a kernel that was in the cyanogenmod wiki, through Heimdall.

The phone wouldn't boot (screen would go black).

Then I am trying to Odin the Vibrant. I have the right files with the right MD5 hash.

Followed all directions.

At the very end of the process, I get a red FAIL! and the phone is a brick. Turning it on just gives a screen with a mobile phone with a computer next to each other, with a yellow exclamation mark triangle in between.

Can't boot. Even Download Mode doesn't have the big yellow symbol like normal.

<ID:0/009> Added!!
<ID:0/009> Odin v.3 engine (ID:9)..
<ID:0/009> File analysis..
<ID:0/009> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/009> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/009> cache.rfs
<ID:0/009> modem.bin
<ID:0/009> factoryfs.rfs
<ID:0/009> dbdata.rfs
<ID:0/009>
<ID:0/009> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I'm lost as what to do.

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
Please only post in one forum. Also are you using a Facinate, as your carrier under your avatar is Verizon? If so, you need to make sure you have the Pit/PDA files for the Facinate and not the Vibrant. If not then see below.

This is from the MIUI guide stickied on the Q&A sections

"SOFT" BRICKED WHILE USING ODIN?

Samsung_Galaxy_S_Black_Screen_of_Death.jpg

If you are getting a "Phone.. ! ..Computer" image (seen above) when booting phone, yes, you are bricked but it is reversible! Just follow these steps...

Make sure you have ODIN OPEN with admin privileges!

1.) Take off your back cover, remove your sim & mirco sd card.
2.) Remove your battery.

Make sure you have the USB plugged into your PC but NOT your phone!

3.) Hold the volume buttons.
4.) Put the battery in.
5.) Put the USB in.

You don't necessarily need the download mode image to be present. As long as you are getting the COM ID to light up yellow in ODIN, just flash back to stock like normal.

pkopalek

Feb 11, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Please only post in one forum. Also are you using a Facinate, as your carrier under your avatar is Verizon? If so, you need to make sure you have the Pit/PDA files for the Facinate and not the Vibrant. If not then see below.

This is from the MIUI guide stickied on the Q&A sections

It's actually my boss's Vibrant.

I had the Fascinate for years, so I'm familiar with Odin and the process.

I'm doing everything in that list, no question. It seems to be successful in flashing the PIT and Tar files, and says 'PASS!' now.

But the phone won't boot normally or into recovery. It shows 'Vibrant' and below it 'Samsung', then black after 10 seconds or so, then again, then black after 10 seconds or so, then again. It's like a boot loop that isn't getting very far.

So at this point, the 'Download' screen is back when I put it into Download mode. Odin3 functions just fine, and seems to flash the phone just fine.

The phone just won't boot, at all, or into recovery.

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
It's actually my boss's Vibrant.
Gulp!!!

What ROM are you trying to put on there? I suggest getting a nice 2.2 to get it to boot up. Since you know Odin, pull a 2.2 ROM (Bionix-Fishman's redux, Toxic8/ Deranged9 [see 2nd to last page on D9 for download in my dropbox]) and push whatever ROM through Odin (pda) and not recovery (zip).

If you can somehow get into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache/davlik.

At least it is a PASS as of now, so that is good. Try to get it booting up and then we can go from there.

pkopalek

Feb 11, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Gulp!!!

What ROM are you trying to put on there? I suggest getting a nice 2.2 to get it to boot up. Since you know Odin, pull a 2.2 ROM (Bionix-Fishman's redux, Toxic8/ Deranged9 [see 2nd to last page on D9 for download in my dropbox]) and push whatever ROM through Odin (pda) and not recovery (zip).

If you can somehow get into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache/davlik.

At least it is a PASS as of now, so that is good. Try to get it booting up and then we can go from there.

I'm only trying to flash the STOCK JFD Odin and 0512 PIT.

I've tried the one in the other thread (to flash back to stock) and as well the one that comes in the AIO Vibrant Toolbox Folder.

Neither PIT and TAR seem to return things to stock.

There are no .zip files here, only ODIN files. If I can try another PIT and TAR from somewhere, I will. But the threads I'm looking in don't seem to have them.]

This all started when I tried to Heimdall a kernel that had Clockworkmod Recovery in it.

I wasn't worried about the Kernel not being the exact one for the ROM - since all I needed was the Recovery (to install Cyanogenmod). Well, apparently the stock recovery just stayed there, and the phone would come up 90%.

From there, I said OK, I have to odin this thing.

And that's where I am. I still get the 'Vibrant' on top 'Samsung' on bottom boot screen for 10 seconds, then repeat loop endlessly. No recovery (holding power + vol up and down for a couple of cycles) at all. Only download mode.

-------------------------------------------
EDIT:

This is the Galaxy S 4g instead of the normal Galaxy S.

Nowhere on the phone is this marked, and it is still a 959.

I am going to heimdall some Galaxy S 4g software on here.

Lesson learned: Start by making sure you're flashing firmware to the correct phone.

My apologies. Thank you all for all of your help.

Last edited:

brandonsisco

Dec 26, 2008
I've successfully flashed UVJFD with bootloader using Heimdall One-Click, "Samsung Vibrant" white screen appears, then it turns off, every time. I hear the computer make the sound of lost usb device so I know its turning off vs screen turning black.

Any suggestions?

GrandMstrBud

Jan 30, 2007
Google Pixel 6
Followed the steps to a T and nothing

1. Download all the files required in the "BOOT CYCLE" section of this post.

2. Remove everything from your phone (SD card, sim, battery).

3. Plug your phone into your computer WITHOUT the battery, as you have already taken it out in the last step.

4. Press and HOLD vol. up and vol. down.

5. As you are HOLDING these buttons, reattach your battery.

6. You should be in Download Mode.

7. Unplug phone from USB

8. Follow steps 4-8 from the "BOOT CYCLE" section.

Any other ideas?

jstrayy

Mar 5, 2011
Does anyone have any mirrors? None of the links seem to be working for me

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

J__

Sep 21, 2010
bricked my phone after retrying to recover into a 2.2 rom while running ICS... bad idea.

Everyworks and can get into download everytime, but odin hangs at factoryfs.rfs everytime...

tried diff odins, diff ports, diff computers/winxp/win7 to no avail.

please help!

testomat

Oct 8, 2010
****.Need help. Bricked my vibrant. trying to recover into a 2.2 rom while running ICS. Used Odin 1.81 and clicked unfortunately "repartition"
After flashing, my vibrant was suddenly dead. Cannot turn on, no symbol, cannot get to download mode with the "no-boot phones" method.
Anyone an idea how to get to download mode ?

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

solved:

battery out...
battery in--> hold only vol UP and power for a few seconds

Reactions: Stargazer3777

Arhum1994

Nov 25, 2011
bricked my phone after retrying to recover into a 2.2 rom while running ICS... bad idea.

Everyworks and can get into download everytime, but odin hangs at factoryfs.rfs everytime...

tried diff odins, diff ports, diff computers/winxp/win7 to no avail.

please help!

PLEASE HELP too..I am having exact same issue..Tried to ODIN from a Stupid 2.2 ROM and this is happenign..Getting a coloured screen on FACTORY.FS:mad:

Stargazer3777

Apr 13, 2010
Eagan, MN
****.Need help. Bricked my vibrant. trying to recover into a 2.2 rom while running ICS. Used Odin 1.81 and clicked unfortunately "repartition"
After flashing, my vibrant was suddenly dead. Cannot turn on, no symbol, cannot get to download mode with the "no-boot phones" method.
Anyone an idea how to get to download mode ?

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

solved:

battery out...
battery in--> hold only vol UP and power for a few seconds

THANK YOU!

Whipped out the ol' Vibrant to try to get some ICS goodness, did something wrong int he process and had the "Green Android" GB Bootloader screen stuck, nothing would work. Even plugging in without powering on got the first 2 segments of the "Charging Circle" with no movement, but this did it!

TJEclipse

Apr 11, 2011
Florida Panhandle
NO-BOOT PHONES
This is where your phone does NOT turn on, no combo of buttons works and power button does nothing.
DO THIS ONLY WHEN YOU PLUG IN YOUR PHONE AND NOTHING SHOWS UP ON THE SCREEN!!! If else, follow the steps from above.

This method is basically same as above, EXCEPT the way you get into Download Mode as your phone is HARD BROKEN.

1. Download all the files required in the "BOOT CYCLE" section of this post.

3. Plug your phone into your computer WITHOUT the battery, as you have already taken it out in the last step.

7. Unplug phone from USB

8. Follow steps 4-8 from the "BOOT CYCLE" section.

I went from stock 2.1, downloaded kies mini and tried to upgrade the phone to 2.2 (I want to be completely stock no ROMS) and when the upgrade was complete and the phone was to turn back on, nothing happened. I have tried every kind of way to get the phone to turn on with no success. The above steps did not work and now I am stuck and don't know which way to turn. can someone please help me??

naossoan

Jan 3, 2009
Hi guys!

Please help me I tried the first method and it didn't work, plus all the links are broken so I had to find other ones.

I downloaded Odin3 v1.85
I downloaded a 512 pit file named s1_odin_20100512.pit from the link above that ferhanmm posted.
I downloaded the firmware from samfirmware for the I9000M, as I have a Canadian Bell Vibrant, which is not the same as the T-Mobile one. It's a GT-I9000M model.

I couldn't find any mirrors for the files mentioned on the first page so I didn't bother:
"ALL 3 Files plues the root update.zip"

I loaded Odin. Loaded the PIT, Loaded the image under "PDA". I unchecked Repartition and clicked START

The process passed, and my phone rebooted and went into that like recovery mode on it's own, it looked like it was unpacking some stuff, then the screen came down and had a bunch of options. I selected reboot phone now.

Before doing this, I noticed something in red near the bottom stating something about a failure to mount something.

I tried the first process because upon pluggin in my phone, the battery indicator comes up. Upon trying to boot the phone it would show the Samsung GT-I9000 screen, but that would shut off and it would go back to the Battery screen.

Now after the first flash, I'm back where I was when I started messing with this phone about a year ago when it died on me. I get to the animated Samsung Galaxy S boot screen that continuously loops.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm trying to get this phone working for my girlfriend who just had her iPhone 4s stolen and can't afford to get a new one :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixing so-called "Bricks"/Odin Errors
    This guide is open to contribution/editing/correcting :D
    I DO REALIZE THAT MOST OF THESE LINKS ARE BROKEN, PLEASE SCAN THE THREAD TO FIND UPDATED LINK. I'M NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, SORRY!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOOT CYCLE
    This is where you get the annoying Samsung Screen/Galaxy S screen.

DOWNLOAD REQUIRED (CREDITS TO Woodrube):
    JFD ODIN Images from Samsung (PDA)
    Stock JFD Image

512 PIT File (PIT Extract first!)
    Stock 512Pit

ODIN
    Odin3_v1.0.exe.zip

1. Get into Download Mode (WITH THE PHONE PLUGGED IN) by following the steps below
    *Turn off the phone until you get to the charging battery screen (keep in mind, your phone is currently PLUGGED IN)
    *Press volume up and down, and power all at once.
    *As soon as the screen turns black, release your power button.

2. Unplug phone from USB

3. Open Odin (in Administrator if you're running W7 or Vista), try one of the ones I attached to this post, at least one of them is bound to work, some don't work for me, but works for others, some doesn't work for others, but works for me, whatever floats your boat :)

4. Load in the files into Odin that you have downloaded from above :D Just load in the files corresponding to the text field.

DO NOT CHECK REPARTITION.

5. Plug in your phone with the DL mode :)

6. Click start and wait for the magic :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO-BOOT PHONES
    This is where your phone does NOT turn on, no combo of buttons works and power button does nothing.
    DO THIS ONLY WHEN YOU PLUG IN YOUR PHONE AND NOTHING SHOWS UP ON THE SCREEN!!! If else, follow the steps from above.

This method is basically same as above, EXCEPT the way you get into Download Mode as your phone is HARD BROKEN.

1. Download all the files required in the "
    BOOT CYCLE" section of this post.

7. Unplug phone from USB

8. Follow steps 4-8 from the
    "BOOT CYCLE" section.

Troubleshooting:
    -Odin stuck at some random process?
    *Switch to another odin
    *Make sure you did NOT check repartition, if you did, just repeat all the steps over again, except for the downloading parts, obviously.

-Phone not responsive?
    *Try "
    NO-BOOT PHONES"section of this guide

-Phone stuck at Galaxy S logo screen?
    *Put it in to DL mode, and run Odin again, it's just a bad install.

-All three ODIN is nonfunctional, stuck or giving "FAILED" errors?
    *DO NOT CLOSE ODIN ONCE IT HAS FAILED!
    *Unplug your phone
    *Replug in your phone, get it into DL mode

* Unplug once it is in DL mode
    *Replug and ODIN should recognize your phone
    *Leave all the settings the same, then click "Start" again.

-Cannot get into download mode using the method I listed? Use the method(s) below:
    Soldering Method
    More methods coming soon

I know how much of a pain posting in the Q/A section can be and the wait time is pretty bad, so if you need help regarding UNBRICKING and ONLY UNBRICKING feel free to post in here.

Hope you enjoy, this is my first guide, please don't flame. Any comments or suggestion is suggest, or if you have your own method I'll also post it :D

POST YOUR RESULTS! :D
    -Steven
    The only forums this guide should be posted on is XDA, DZ, and PHANDROID under the username DRAIKZ and EXPLOSIVE. If it helped you, feel free to donate a coke or two! :)
    i was on cm 10, then my phone stopped turning on, so i followed these steps to get the phone back to stock android, and it still wont turn completely on. i think my boot loader may be messed up? i have no idea.

when i press the power button, first thing i see is "Samsung galaxy gt -I9000" then a screen that says "Vibrant" then screen turns black and nothing happens. i know its strange that it says gt - i9000 but thats what it used to be with the cm 10 roms.

i get to the download screen by holding volume up + power button. i can not get to recovery which used to be volume down + power button.

please help!

You need to flash the "Stock Bootloader" then flash stock "JFD" with Odin.... make sure "Re-partition"" IS checked

Bootloader - View attachment vibrant_froyo.tar.zip] - unzip and flash with Odin per directions for Bootloader.

JFD - LINK - make sure "Re-partition"" IS checked
    Does anyone have any mirrors? None of the links seem to be working for me

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

These might work - http://androidspin.com/2010/08/09/how-to-restore-or-recover-your-samsung-vibrant/
    Google helped to find another source of the file with the dead link.

http://www.multiupload.com/IFSJECTS3L
    Unbricked my phone! (slight modification of procedure)

Thanks for the wonderful post. It didn't work at once, but with many trial-and-error I got it back. Here's my story:

My Vibrant was bricked on the process of ROM Manger / clockwork recovery incident where I was trying to go back to a backup point. At first, I could go at least to the recovery menu, but after I failed odin3 once, it wouldn't even go to download mode, and started showing phone-!-computer symbol.

According to this guide, and many other guides for unbricking, I could enter download mode by removing battery and plugging in to USB, and plugging the battery back while pressing vol up and down. However, every time I tried to flash back the pin+pda file via odin (versions 1.0, 1.3, 1.57, 1.7), it would fail (fail 1/success 0).

I was in despair, but I found a way around it finally. The key is to NOT UNPLUG THE USB CABLE AFTER MAKING IT DOWNLOAD mode, and directly start odin. Then it worked like a charm, and I am back to stock.

Final configuration:
    1. Driver: Samsung_USB_driver_for_Mobile_Phones_x86.exe 18,948kb (19402320 bytes)
    2. OS: Windows XP
    3. Odin 3 v1.7
    4. PIT and PDA files from this post

Hope this helps somebody.