[Q] Updating by restoring backup
OK, so I need some help
When I first unlocked my DX, I made a CWM backup of the ROM.
Recently I noticed that there are a few newer JB ROMS that Id like to try, but Im on HBOOT 1.24.0000, and whilst using the Custom ROM, unable to update via OTA.
Ive spent a hour or so trying to restore the backup and run OTA, which has worked up to a point.
Heres what Ive done so far.
- Restored by CWM backup (had to fix a MD5 problem)
- Rebooted and OTA downloaded OTA_PROTO_U_ICS_40A_hTC_Asia_WWE_1.18.707.3-1.18.707.1_release_300978id119tizxreo6g0l.zip
- Asked if wanted to update...YES!! I said
- Restarted into CWM and an error about not being able to mount SDCARD
- tried to flash the ZIP file manually and get the check_cid asset failed error (CID mismatch I think).
My CID is HTC_044, but if Im using a backed up ROM from my phone, and OTA is downloading it, why wont it install?
I've also tried relocking (fastboot oem lock) and all it does it reboot back into fastboot (assume there must be something wrong with the ROM backup?).
I can see there are no official region 044 RUU's so what can I do (if anything)?
Can anyone help me out?