[Q] [ULTA noob] So basically I need help with flashing my s2 gt-i9100

Search This thread

LiamFlannery

Mar 16, 2014
Hi all,
I recently just bought a used s2 really cheap, this is my first android phone (I had a windows phone previous to this one, dont laugh)
I would like to root it (but not install custom roms because the thought of that scares me) but I am a bit confused about the process. I have watched plenty of videos and read plenty of tutorials but its very confusing (to me anyway).
Just think of me as a tourist asking for directions.

so here is all the information i can give you about the phone:

-Model number: GT-I9100
-Android version: 4.1.2
-Baseband version: I9100XXMS2
-Kernel version: 3.0.31-1211311
dpi@DELL251 #3
SMP PREEMPT Thu May 16
10:05:20 KST 2013

-Build number: JZO54K.I9100XWLSW

Im fairly sure this phone was bought in Ireland (where I live) so would I need some sort of 'European' variant?
So all I need is someone to point me to which niknak I need to download to get me going, thanks in advance -Liam

Paul_Kolanjian

Dec 12, 2012
Zahlah
OnePlus One
LG G3
Hi all,
I recently just bought a used s2 really cheap, this is my first android phone (I had a windows phone previous to this one, dont laugh)
I would like to root it (but not install custom roms because the thought of that scares me) but I am a bit confused about the process. I have watched plenty of videos and read plenty of tutorials but its very confusing (to me anyway).
Just think of me as a tourist asking for directions.

so here is all the information i can give you about the phone:

-Model number: GT-I9100
-Android version: 4.1.2
-Baseband version: I9100XXMS2
-Kernel version: 3.0.31-1211311
dpi@DELL251 #3
SMP PREEMPT Thu May 16
10:05:20 KST 2013

-Build number: JZO54K.I9100XWLSW

Im fairly sure this phone was bought in Ireland (where I live) so would I need some sort of 'European' variant?
So all I need is someone to point me to which niknak I need to download to get me going, thanks in advance -Liam
Nothing I haven't done in my life on stock 4.1.2 on my i9100. But here you go anyway:
1. Download this .zip file and place it on your external SD card. (link: http://d-h.st/Pyr)
2. Go to recovery mode by turning your phone off and pressing this combo: Volume up + Home button + Power button
3. In recovery, choose to install zip from external storage (as it's the only option to install .zip when you're using stock recovery)
4. After the installation is done, reboot your device and you should see SuperSU app in your drawer. Update it on Play Store as it's an old version.
The reason I gave you this .zip file is because it always works on stock recovery with no issues. Happy rooting :)
P.S. Sorry for "spamming" this post :rolleyes:

LiamFlannery

Mar 16, 2014
thanks

Thanks for the help :) but I have a question. Are you positive that the ''CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zip'' that you linked me is the right one? I mean is it right for the s2 I have, the GT-I9100 XWLSW. Also what does the ''XWLSW'' mean anyway?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread stickied near top of Q&A titled '- Flash Stock firmware/ROM + Root' has all the info you need.