Best case?

Search This thread

CC268

Apr 4, 2011
Cave Creek
I have about 12-15 cases for my TB...I have tried them all pretty much...I love the TPU cases...they are super cheap and are easy to take off and put on which is nice since I use a car dock a lot...if you aren't going to take your case off much the Otterbox is great, but it is pretty big...the Seidio Convert Combo is another good one, although I am not a huge fan of the slide on case as I think it tends to scratch phones. I am not a big fan of the Trident cases...I have one and I think they fit a little on the sloppy side, and they are a PITA to put on and take off

RBarnett09

May 16, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I bought a platinum series case that Best Buy released for the Thunderbolt, and I LOVE this thing! I've dropped my phone a few times, but never hurt anything.
I've also tried otterbox, but I must say that I enjoy this case more.
It's, in all, 3 protection layers... plus a clip that locks and unlocks.

Well worth the money to me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

CC268

Apr 4, 2011
Cave Creek
here is my review
pop case-casemate

extended active case

i'm prefer pop case coz better looking:victory:

Great case, however it does look old very quickly as the hard plastic gets scratched very easily and after a while the rubber material inside the case starts to become worn down and begins to sort of "shave off"...I have both the black and white Pop case. White begins to yellow fairly quickly too. Great cases, but I think there are better.

The Seidio case is great, its definitely one of my favorites...unfortunately I can't use it as I have ghost armor on my phone which adds the slightest amount of thickness to it so I an unable to slide the case on without ripping the ghost armor off...not an issue for most.

I like to keep my phones in brand new shape..from the day I buy them to the day I get rid of them (helps resale value!) and I will say the best way to protect your phone and keep it looking cool is to do Ghost Armor (carbon fiber wrap, matte wrap, or normal..they have many different styles) - they also have the best screen protector HANDS DOWN, and then top it off with a clear TPU case like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Rubber-Thunde...r=8-1&keywords=Clear+TPU+case+htc+thunderbolt

This way you can see the awesome carbon fiber wrap, and add the shock protection and prevent screen cracks, etc that the ghost armor can't do (since the ghost armor simply prevents scratches and scrapes, DOES NOT save your phone from drops etc..)

I hope this really helps you out, I have spent a lot of time in this area haha...you could say I am the phone case expert :)

Last edited:

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin
I have about 12-15 cases for my TB...I have tried them all pretty much...I love the TPU cases...they are super cheap and are easy to take off and put on which is nice since I use a car dock a lot...if you aren't going to take your case off much the Otterbox is great, but it is pretty big...the Seidio Convert Combo is another good one, although I am not a huge fan of the slide on case as I think it tends to scratch phones. I am not a big fan of the Trident cases...I have one and I think they fit a little on the sloppy side, and they are a PITA to put on and take off

This. And I too have bought and tried a slew of them.

Currently I own the otterbox, body glove, and shell/holster. If I had to pick one it would be the shell/holster just because you get some decent protection and a way to carry it on your belt. Also if you don't want to use a screen protector it is good because while in the holster it protects your screen.

The otterbox is a great case but keep in mind just like everyone else said the screen protector is a pain. It isn't designed quite like other otterboxes in that the top is uncovered so the screen protector will never fit fully flush with the screen.

Edit: regarding the screen protectors, they are all the same. I have tried them all from the top end to the cheapest. I found that the $1 3 pack work just as well as any (Steinheil, Zagg) so no sense in spending $20 when $1 does the same.

Chiz511

Apr 21, 2011
I love my Seidio Inocase Slider, I've got it paired with a Zagg Invisible Shield (Which I kind of hate, but if does do a fantastic job protecting the screen).

CC268

Apr 4, 2011
Cave Creek
This. And I too have bought and tried a slew of them.

Currently I own the otterbox, body glove, and shell/holster. If I had to pick one it would be the shell/holster just because you get some decent protection and a way to carry it on your belt. Also if you don't want to use a screen protector it is good because while in the holster it protects your screen.

The otterbox is a great case but keep in mind just like everyone else said the screen protector is a pain. It isn't designed quite like other otterboxes in that the top is uncovered so the screen protector will never fit fully flush with the screen.

Edit: regarding the screen protectors, they are all the same. I have tried them all from the top end to the cheapest. I found that the $1 3 pack work just as well as any (Steinheil, Zagg) so no sense in spending $20 when $1 does the same.

Otterbox Case- just take off the built in screen protector...its crap...I may make a case guide sometime haha - since I have so much experience with cases and I find that people are always asking about cases

jonah1234

May 29, 2012
My personal favorite so far is the black rubber tpu case

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium