A good read if you're interested with porting Ubuntu touch preview.

Search This thread

Bruce Lee

Jan 20, 2011
Ohio
plus.google.com
Well, a quick update. I have a build. But I did something wrong, somewhere.

The zip's flash with no problem (TWRP), but it just keeps booting into recovery. Maybe I'll try CWM for ****s and giggles. But if it doesn't work, I'm just going to drop the project and someone else can pick it up. Gotta get back to my college work.

If you get really stuck you could ask one of the developers politely for help through pm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
If you get really stuck you could ask one of the developers politely for help through pm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I was actually in the #ubuntu-touch irc channel the whole weekend I was doing it. But at this point I'm not picking it up again. Deadlines are approaching for class and I'm a bit behind

Sent from my Galaxy S3

UnicOrnseeD

Oct 6, 2012
Ubuntu touch looks like what would happen if iOS and android had a baby and that baby was the Antichrist who took up developing and made an os
Also, Dave don't give up on this one it seems pretty awesome when fully functional. Like the weapons on the second death star.
Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: jayRokk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's funny you posted this.

As I type this I'm currently working on the port for the AT&T S3. It's about 60% or so finished.
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Porting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
    Anyone who is looking to use this as a daily driver is going to be very disappointed. None of the apps are fully functional and I don't think mobile data is going to work at all. Using it on my Nexus, I was able to look through the UI, open a few broswer pages ( but entering text into fields on the page seemed to only work for a few characters), and use the Gmail and Facebook app. The camera did not function, the side stage had not been implemented, 90% of the apps are simply icons on the desktop or a nonfunctional splash screen. This is intended for developers to get an idea of what they're developing their apps for. If you know what you're doing, you may be able to get a little more functionality out of it by making some changes via SSH/ADB, but it does not seem that there is even much you can do with that as of now. That being said, I was super excited to try it out on my Nexus 7 and only used it for about an hour before I reflashed Android back to it. About an hour was all I needed to do everything it had to offer. I do believe it has great potential and is something that can compete with Android, just at this point its nothing more than "This is how it might look."
    Well, a quick update. I have a build. But I did something wrong, somewhere.

The zip's flash with no problem (TWRP), but it just keeps booting into recovery. Maybe I'll try CWM for ****s and giggles. But if it doesn't work, I'm just going to drop the project and someone else can pick it up. Gotta get back to my college work.