[Q] Will any Note 3 user get the Note 4

Search This thread

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
A lot of people work for companies that can use something like Knox to allow business data and personal data on the same phone without having to carry two phones everywhere. My work is using something like it though it is not Knox itself.

This is a very large market that will get better support if Google adds it with a standard setup.

The whole knox warranty thing is/was misleading and not a hardware warranty though some still insist that it is.

Until it is released nobody knows exactly what the note 4 will have software wise.

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
A lot of people work for companies that can use something like Knox to allow business data and personal data on the same phone without having to carry two phones everywhere. My work is using something like it though it is not Knox itself.

That's the keyword there: it is NOT KNOX. Most companies utilize 3rd party mobile device management (MDM) and many automatically disallow jailbroken / rooted phone from connecting. Samsung have a good intention for the corporate world, but unfortunately, it affects non-corporate users like us. It is unfortunate that Samsung put so much bloatware on their devices that root almost become a necessity for fast performance and good battery life and KNOX can (not will) void warranty if you happen to send it to Samsung Service Center.

If Samsung has no Bloatware, I probably won't root it. I have an iPad (provided by my work) and I don't need to root it - great battery life and the zero performance issue. Not advocating Apple stuff, but just a comparison since Apple has no unnecessary bloatware.

Reactions: Frank Westlake

RiffyDivine

May 14, 2010
Magical Land of Ponyville
I had planned to jump onto the new phone myself till I saw what parts maybe inside of it. I just got a feeling if samsung has it's own CPU inside the phone that rooting it may be a *****. So I am not going to wait for others to report back on how locked down it is.

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
Depending on the specs, i dont see any real need to jump to note 4 unless it has 64gb internal,better speakers, better touchwiz optimization ie less bloated. Note 3 has been the best android experience so far, i will wait on specs and than wait a month or two like i did for n3 to purchase.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I may but it will depend on the actual phone once it is released. The biggest deciding factor for me will be how locked down it is.
    I will get it if it comes with no Knox crap :)
    I may but it will depend on the actual phone once it is released. The biggest deciding factor for me will be how locked down it is.

Amen! Took the words right out of my mouth.

That's the keyword there: it is NOT KNOX. Most companies utilize 3rd party mobile device management (MDM) and many automatically disallow jailbroken / rooted phone from connecting. Samsung have a good intention for the corporate world, but unfortunately, it affects non-corporate users like us. It is unfortunate that Samsung put so much bloatware on their devices that root almost become a necessity for fast performance and good battery life and KNOX can (not will) void warranty if you happen to send it to Samsung Service Center.

If Samsung has no Bloatware, I probably won't root it. I have an iPad (provided by my work) and I don't need to root it - great battery life and the zero performance issue. Not advocating Apple stuff, but just a comparison since Apple has no unnecessary bloatware.
    That identifies the problem - except that private individuals can also use Knox if they wish.

Frank
    ....and consumer should be given a choice whether we want KNOX or not. It'll be pretty bad if PC's are locked down with KNOX-like security feature such that I can only install Windows and not Linux. ;)