[11.27]s-off without a XTC——really works,update

Search This thread

insink71

Nov 9, 2010
Greenville, SC
teamblueridge.org
My Attempt (Documented)

I also have a cdma wildfire s (A510c). Here goes my attempt...

1) First, I noted that GotsOJ stated that he had made his card with SimpleGoldCard; so I went and downloaded it.
Got my handy-dandy sd card reader/writer ready and proceeded to make the Gold Card using the steps found here.
Couple of helpful reminders/info, to turn usb debugging on go to Settings >> Applications >> Development and click the USB debugging checkbox; Also, I selected MMC1 to get my CID on step 2.

2) This next step provided some small confusion. GotsOJ stated that he unzipped PG76.zip to his sdcard; I had found mention of PG76.rar in previous posts, and I believe this may be what he was referring to. So, I downloaded that and extracted it to my newly made Gold Card.

3) You want to make sure Fastboot is turned off; so, you can boot into hboot and followed steps in original post...

Got some messaging:
This tool is for MAL#CT
chipset_pid: 129

but otherwise worked just as original post said it would... :) Success.
I now have S-Off without a xtc clip (which cdma wildfire s couldn't use anyway).

Perhaps this will help another.

Rob

Last edited:

insink71

Nov 9, 2010
Greenville, SC
teamblueridge.org
response

Summary
It works on:
- A510c (cdma)
Does not work on:
- A510a
- A510e

Am I right ?

Apparently GotsOJ got it to work on A510c, but I thought I'd try and document the process.

Other attempts have not been successful (inc A510a & A510e); although, xtc clip would work for these phones [the cdma wildfire s have no sim port].

Rob

Last edited:

newklear85

Dec 22, 2010
I took some XTC pills with hopes of bringing S-OFF to my phone while I'm high. I can confirm that that does not work either.

Reactions: Ko_Ka

aparici

Oct 22, 2010
Castellon
Anyone can try renaming the PG76DIAG.nbh to PG76DIAG.zip of the first post of this tread an putting both files on the gold card and following the tutorial? I'll try but i can't now, i'm on work.

snyker

Dec 17, 2009
marseille
I try it renaming the both files from eoghan2t7's.
But I have the same message :

[1] MFG DIAG
Security fail!
Update fail!

I work on A510E....

Try on another phone....

Thanks

Reactions: aparici

aparici

Oct 22, 2010
Castellon
I try it renaming the both files from eoghan2t7's.
But I have the same message :

[1] MFG DIAG
Security fail!
Update fail!

I work on A510E....

Try on another phone....

Thanks

Ok, i think that the chinese forum has a modified version of those files, so we have to wait to the 16/11 to release the files for the a510e

nowhat?

Jul 10, 2011
Thiruvalla, Kerala
Tried.. security fail..update fail.... :(
will the modified files be available on 16th for sure???
really want to s off... no internal memory... plz reply..

GotsOJ

Nov 13, 2011
A.W.O.L. Absent With Out Leave, which means I'm skeptical of his success.

I've been AWOL because I've been trying to fix my phone.
S-off went smoothly. When I tried to flash a new ROM onto my phone, it bricked. Now it only vibrates 3 times and won't load into bootloader.
Everyone proceed with caution!

GotsOJ

Nov 13, 2011
Looks like I'm stuck in qualcomm diagnostics...is there a way to get out? Can't find anything online

insink71

Nov 9, 2010
Greenville, SC
teamblueridge.org
Not Sure

Looks like I'm stuck in qualcomm diagnostics...is there a way to get out? Can't find anything online

I believe if you are referring to the tool the goldcard throws you into, you can do a battery pull, then reboot. Reformat your sdcard to normal or use another one; so you don't have that loop every time you enter hboot.

Rob

For those of you with Virgin US phones, this does seem to work. See my other post.

Last edited:

meanmug

Nov 10, 2008
Sector 7
I've been AWOL because I've been trying to fix my phone.
S-off went smoothly. When I tried to flash a new ROM onto my phone, it bricked. Now it only vibrates 3 times and won't load into bootloader.
Everyone proceed with caution!
I apologizes sir, its just that you disappeared so quickly after s-off. You should have stuck around a lil longer and tried to help a few others incase of problems like the one your facing now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1st,tks to eoghan2t7's work,I use the PG76DIAG.nbh with XTC clip way(not the steps eoghan2t7 gives).BTW, sorry for my poor english
    someone successfully makes it s-off。but,he use a useless sim card with Two layer chips,he removed the one inside,leave the chip outside still there。

here are my steps

1,make a gold card
    2,download and put PG76DIAG.nbh into the sdcard(gold card)
    3,go into hboot,wait to scan and you will see this
    LHGjd.jpg

just press Volume down
    4,and then you will see
    MbRvy.jpg

press power
    press power again
    then you will see
    ZKs49.png

6,go into hboot again to check if it is s-off now

sorry,the one who make it works uses the XTC gold card and replace the PG76DIAG.nbh with the one eoghan2t7 gives us,other copied the files from the card but not work.Now,I'm testing ghost of the XTC goldcard,hope it will work.
    Unzipped PG76.zip onto my goldcard, which contained both PG76DIAG.zip and PG76DIAG.nbh. My phone is the virgin mobile wildfire s, if that makes any difference.
    i have all the rom files for the 2.3.5 update i am trying to slipstream the eng hboot into the RUU installer to see if that works since the installer gives permissions to modifiy each partition ;)
    Can you post a tutorial in the development section for users to s-off without xtc because the translation is messed up for me lol

Sent from my LG GT540 Swift using xda premium
    just some questions, I'm a bit interested in background knowledge ;)

secure flag itself is in a special radio part of the device wich we can not access (according to information from revolutionary).

so how does eng hboot work? does it access and change the secure flag value or just kind of bypass it?

so, resulting question is: would switching to former hboot re-enable security?

is eng hboot compatible with all devices? is there any disadvantage regarding to "normal" hboots?

I'm just a bit curious

Question 1:
    the eng hboot bypasses the secure flag from the radio so there fore we can flash what ever we want lol

question 2:
    switching to a newer hboot will result in having a stock hboot with s-on being switched back on :(

Question 3:
    I do not no if it will be compatible with all devices until its tested which could case a lot of bricked WFS's

so what i am tring to do with my tests etc could brick my wfs but thats what warranty is for and a damn go lie to get it repaired for free ;)

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

damn slipstream didn't work fs will need to research online for more hboot information :(