*Solved* HELP!! TF700 dead within a week?

Search This thread

Timewise

Dec 13, 2008
So, I decided last week to get myself a TF700 64GB with the keyboard dock. Just 30 minutes ago apps stopped responding and the screen went black. Whenever I try to soft-reset the device by holding the power button for 10 seconds I do feel the device vibrate, however after vibrating nothing at all happens. My Infinity is completely stock btw. Does anyone have an idea?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Last edited:

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
Sounds like its time to exchange it...

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Timewise

Dec 13, 2008
Sounds like its time to exchange it...

Yeah I guess I'll be going back to the store tomorrow... I just hoped it could be solved with a simple solution. Also, I expected the quality control from Asus to be a little better. Although I guess this can happen with every brand.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

gpatmac

Mar 9, 2008
Hanover, MD
Hopefully I can hijack with a similar problem...

No combination of buttons nor the needle in the reset hole allows me to get past this screen. (Sorry it's blurry. The text at top left says, "The Device is Unlocked".)

image_zps48012cc0.jpg

Tylorw1

Feb 10, 2013
Ohio
tylorhost.me
Hopefully I can hijack with a similar problem...

No combination of buttons nor the needle in the reset hole allows me to get past this screen. (Sorry it's blurry. The text at top left says, "The Device is Unlocked".)

image_zps48012cc0.jpg

Are you unable to boot into recovery? If so then it is bricked, what happened?

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer TF700T Infinity Pad Using Tapatalk HD
Rom: Stock 4.2.1 Rooted.
UPDATE FOR TF700 USERS!!! AND THE 4.2.1 UPDATE http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2204100

Tylorw1

Feb 10, 2013
Ohio
tylorhost.me
I was trying to root it...even though I'm not certain it is rootable.

What were you using to root? And are you not able to hold the power button and volume down button to get into the boot loader? And did you have a custom recovery? TWRP or CWM?

Tylor

UPDATE FOR TF700 USERS!!! AND THE 4.2.1 UPDATE http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2204100

KinetiClutch

Apr 9, 2013
Happened to me when i was updating on a rooted

If you can get to the boot loader. Via what Ty said it's fixable with MicroSD

gpatmac

Mar 9, 2008
Hanover, MD
What were you using to root? And are you not able to hold the power button and volume down button to get into the boot loader? And did you have a custom recovery? TWRP or CWM?

Tylor

To be honest, I don't recall. The latest Batman power tool I'm pretty sure. It's on my laptop so I'll check tonight.

I'm not able to get into BL when pushing down power and volume down...or volume up or while pushing both up and down at the same time. I didn't have a custom recovery. It was completely stock but unlocked and on the latest JB...isn't it 4.1.1?

Happened to me when i was updating on a rooted

If you can get to the boot loader. Via what Ty said it's fixable with MicroSD

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Last edited:

Tylorw1

Feb 10, 2013
Ohio
tylorhost.me
To be honest, I don't recall. It's on my microsd so I'll check tonight.

I'm not able to get into BL when pushing down power and volume down...or volume up or while pushing both up and down at the same time. I didn't have a custom recovery. It was completely stock but unlocked and on the latest JB...isn't it 4.1.1?

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

You dont need a custom recovery, you need to be able to access the boot loader which will allow you to access stock recovery which will then allow you to restore your tablet.

Tylor

gpatmac

Mar 9, 2008
Hanover, MD
You dont need a custom recovery, you need to be able to access the boot loader which will allow you to access stock recovery which will then allow you to restore your tablet.

Tylorhttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2204100

Sorry, I edited a bit while you were responding. It was one of the Batman tools. I don't recall which version.

I don't want a custom recovery. I was just answering your original question.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Get a needle and poke the hole on top of the mini HDMI port.