chromecast is awesome

Search This thread

jblaze10

Mar 23, 2012
Gold Canyon,Az
Google Pixel 4
showbox??

Let's go through this point by point for you...

1. Showbox does not pay for the licensing that comes with the movie's and show's on the app.

2. I know this because their servers were recently taken down. Secondly, no one has licenses for movies that are still in theaters or for Shows that either just aired or already have exclusive licensing deals with other web sites.

3. No I do not know where their servers are located or if they are bound by copyright laws. However, I do know where XDA's servers are located and the content on our site is bound by US law. Not to mention stealing is well... stealing.

4. Yes, you are correct. You can google anything your heart desires. Although, Google is a tool that has millions of different applications to what the information it provides can be used for. Showbox only has 1. With that being said, if someone posted a google link that linked to showbox I would have removed that as well.

Cheers Mate :good:

I understand your point. with respect to you as a mod. im confused why in just about every sprint forum(don't know about other carriers but im gonna assume in most of those also) can a person learn how(which I did) dl and troubleshoot hotspot hacking when clearly that is "illegal" as well? is showbox just the flavor of the month?

drivenby

Mar 8, 2012
I understand your point. with respect to you as a mod. im confused why in just about every sprint forum(don't know about other carriers but im gonna assume in most of those also) can a person learn how(which I did) dl and troubleshoot hotspot hacking when clearly that is "illegal" as well? is showbox just the flavor of the month?

Well first question would be , is that against the law?????

What law is it breaking??

Also the entities in charge of music , movies and television copyright are much more aggressive than any other similar organizations.

Which is dangerous for XDA, more so than random sprint 'hacking' , which I'm not even sure it's illegal.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Reactions: mark manning

jblaze10

Mar 23, 2012
Gold Canyon,Az
Google Pixel 4
Well first question would be , is that against the law?????

What law is it breaking??

Also the entities in charge of music , movies and television copyright are much more aggressive than any other similar organizations.

Which is dangerous for XDA, more so than random sprint 'hacking' , which I'm not even sure it's illegal.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

unless im crazy using a service that sprint requires you to pay for, without paying for it is stealing? im preeety sure that is illegal? honestly I could care less about the showbox debate. I was just irritated that the thread in sprint forum was suddenly shut down (when it has been up for a few months now) by a mod that rarely is around. if it is against the rules so be it! I certainly understand the copyright issues. with being said, minus the legalities, showbox is definitely within the spirit of xda imo.

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
unless im crazy using a service that sprint requires you to pay for, without paying for it is stealing? im preeety sure that is illegal? honestly I could care less about the showbox debate. I was just irritated that the thread in sprint forum was suddenly shut down (when it has been up for a few months now) by a mod that rarely is around. if it is against the rules so be it! I certainly understand the copyright issues. with being said, minus the legalities, showbox is definitely within the spirit of xda imo.

You are right about the hot spots although it isn't technically illegal. The service providers can end your contract for tethering but since you already paid for the data they have no standing in the eyes of the law. The issue of hotspots has been hotly debated numerous times by the moderation team. The reason the the showbox thread in the sprint forums wasn't closed sooner was because a moderator hadn't seen it. Once the thread was brought to our attention, it was closed with all of the others that have popped up before it. I will say this though, minus the legalities (which we don't always agree with the DMCA either but are forced to follow), I do think it is an app that embodies the spirit of xda. However, letting it stay isn't worth the cease and desist letter that would eventually come.

Reactions: jblaze10

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
I would bet that 99.9% of posters here really have no problem with the App in question to the point they may even have it installed.
But there are probably another 100000 Sites where it could be discussed that aren't the #1 BEST source of Mobile device help and Software in the world and would put that #1 Best resource at risk of being taken down!

Use your heads here folks...If you really like this app the last thing you should do is promote it!
If you knew where there were Gold Bars in a Hole would you tell the entire Neighborhood or just keep it to yourself?

The more people who know about it the more resources they will throw at it to stop it and take it down.
And then you will lose it altogether!

Is promoting Warez really worth losing the #1 resource for Custom Roms, Rooting Methods, Free Apps, News and all the expertise that posts here to help you when you have issues?

No of Course not!

And now back to our regularly schedule broadcast....

jblaze10

Mar 23, 2012
Gold Canyon,Az
Google Pixel 4
You are right about the hot spots although it isn't technically illegal. The service providers can end your contract for tethering but since you already paid for the data they have no standing in the eyes of the law. The issue of hotspots has been hotly debated numerous times by the moderation team. The reason the the showbox thread in the sprint forums wasn't closed sooner was because a moderator hadn't seen it. Once the thread was brought to our attention, it was closed with all of the others that have popped up before it. I will say this though, minus the legalities (which we don't always agree with the DMCA either but are forced to follow), I do think it is an app that embodies the spirit of xda. However, letting it stay isn't worth the cease and desist letter that would eventually come.

thanks! Now that I can totally get behind!! thanks for clarifications. Im with you, not worth the trouble and or soiled reputation of this site.(which im sure gets tested from time to time.) keep up the good work!!

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

I would bet that 99.9% of posters here really have no problem with the App in question to the point they may even have it installed.
But there are probably another 100000 Sites where it could be discussed that aren't the #1 BEST source of Mobile device help and Software in the world and would put that #1 Best resource at risk of being taken down!

Use your heads here folks...If you really like this app the last thing you should do is promote it!
If you knew where there were Gold Bars in a Hole would you tell the entire Neighborhood or just keep it to yourself?

The more people who know about it the more resources they will throw at it to stop it and take it down.

Is promoting Warez really worth losing the #1 resource for Custom Roms, Rooting Methods, Free Apps, News and all the expertise that posts here to help you when you have issues?

No of Course not!

good point! I couldn't imagine losing this site! Hats off to the mods as always for their diligence,no more OT from me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mod edit: Show box discussion is not allowed on the forum. Any posts discussing such will be removed

Chromecast + Avia + good times

I love how i can choose avia as the player from showbox and chromecast the movie/show to my tv with excellent quality :laugh:

No of Course not!

How the hell is a discussion of Showbox warez? How do you know the content offered from Showbox is pirated? Do you know where their content is hosted and if the Showbox app and its developers are bound to US copyright protection laws?

I can get "warez" from Google also so are discussions about Google not allowed either?

Let's go through this point by point for you...

1. Showbox does not pay for the licensing that comes with the movie's and show's on the app.

9. Don't get us into trouble.

Don't post copyrighted materials or do other things which will obviously lead to legal trouble. If you wouldn't do it on your own homepage, you probably shouldn't do it here either. This does not mean that we agree with everything that the software piracy lobby try to impose on us. It simply means that you cannot break any laws here, since we'll end up dealing with the legal hassle caused by you. Please use common sense: respect the forum, its users and those that write great code.

2. I know this because their servers were recently taken down. Secondly, no one has licenses for movies that are still in theaters or for Shows that either just aired or already have exclusive licensing deals with other web sites.

3. No I do not know where their servers are located or if they are bound by copyright laws. However, I do know where XDA's servers are located and the content on our site is bound by US law. Not to mention stealing is well... stealing.

4. Yes, you are correct. You can google anything your heart desires. Although, Google is a tool that has millions of different applications to what the information it provides can be used for. Showbox only has 1. With that being said, if someone posted a google link that linked to showbox I would have removed that as well.

Cheers Mate :good:
    The Unis developer is a school kid who does it in his spare time. I think he's doing a pretty good job.

I'm in the UK and can stream HQ videos just fine.
    Guys guys guys I found a workaround for the phone streaming problems.

I'm unable to cast from my phone directly but using bubbleupnp to set a server from my phone (using the phone's memory) , I'm able to add it to Avia just as any other server like plex, etc.

Now I'm able to cast videos from my phone using a server that's actually set up from my own phone @_@.

Edit: I've seen plenty of videos, they all play flawlessly except some 1080p videos I have and a few non h264.

I encoded a few for the chromecast and Avia alone does not play the.... But when using bubbleupnp it does... Strange

2utumyde.jpg

Just to illustrate my point

Sent from my EndeavorU using Tapatalk 2