Mod & Stock Camera Comparisons !!!

Search This thread

SandyKick

Mar 28, 2012
Mumbai
Hi Everyone, this post is not to hurt anyone. i respect all developers and everyone who contribute to this Forum

i have flashed Cloudy Pro II V1.2 rom on my G2. Everything was perfect ( one word amazing) but my only worry was Camera. i have a strong feeling that the camera has lost image in depth quality and clarity in images. i dont know which MOD was added to Cloudy Pro 1.2 rom. but still i have flashed Jishnu's & Xdabbeb Camera Mods. But the result was the same.

so i though of removing the camera apk that came with rom and tried to replace stock camera, but i failed (unfortunately stopped error) - may be the reason could be this Rom is based on G Pro 2.

i started asking suggestions everyone what's needed to be done to come on Stock 4.4.2 Camera with this ROM. but everyone suggested Xdabbeb & Jishnu's Camera. so finally i thought of a real comparison with stock camera.

though these mods are capable of more features like 4k/magic focus etc, my main concern was image quality :(

All Left images were taken by LG G2 Stock 4.4.2 Camera.
All Right images were taken by LG G2 Cloudy Pro II V1.2 with Xdabbeb Camera Mod.

Pictures were Clicked with same settings on both phones

Can any one suggest me how to mod Stock G2 or G Pro 2 Camera in Cloudy Pro II ROM......please i love this ****ing awesome ROM :p

30j7ngm.png

2s9snz7.png

33jkb9w.png

Last edited:

AndrewM3

Jun 28, 2013
camera mod

yeah the right one looks better in my opinion. Also the only thing I don't like about this camera is that the auto focus is slow, there is no option for continuous focus.
Hey so I had a question so you tried both xbaees camera mod and jinushus camera mod. Which was better in your opinion than the stock cloudypro 1.2 because auto focus is really slow for me.

SandyKick

Mar 28, 2012
Mumbai
yeah the right one looks better in my opinion. Also the only thing I don't like about this camera is that the auto focus is slow, there is no option for continuous focus.
Hey so I had a question so you tried both xbaees camera mod and jinushus camera mod. Which was better in your opinion than the stock cloudypro 1.2 because auto focus is really slow for me.

yeah both are great Mods :) you dont really feel much difference. i say that give a try for both of them :)

i liked Xdabbeb ones better than the Ones in Cloudy Pro II ROM.

citytrader

Jan 19, 2012
The picture on the right is underexposed loosing details on shadows, has much more chroma noise than the left and it is more bluish. Were the lights yellow where you shoot the pictures?...

The camera in all smartphones really sucks...

Last edited:

SandyKick

Mar 28, 2012
Mumbai
The picture on the right is underexposed loosing details on shadows, has much more chroma noise than the left and it is more bluish. Were the lights yellow where you shoot the pictures?...

The camera in all smartphones really sucks...

yeah there were some yellowish lights at that place. now as a photographer according to you what do you choose ?

Left ones or Right ones ?

citytrader

Jan 19, 2012
yeah there were some yellowish lights at that place. now as a photographer according to you what do you choose ?

I can not make a judgement here because the right pictures are underexposed... :cyclops:

One point that much people confuse is about white balance, they think a picture has correct white balance if the whites are white and this is wrong (except for studio shoots), the correct white balance is when the picture is near to the real life, so the left should be better.

I think you should test again the cameras in two situations, night and day, in day with some trees, grass and sky and the most important thing, you should do a correct exposure compensation (brightness in stock camera) in both shoots, in the day shoots, try not to use auto WB, I dont use auto WB even in pro cameras.

For taking pictures, I recommend to use Camera FV-5 with banding disabled, is the camera application I like most, you can do exposure lock and focus lock separately, I dont like to use a camera app without that functionality. :)

Last edited:

F-Forward

May 23, 2010
Gothenburg
What the mods to is to decrease the shutter speed and increase the ISO so it can capture moving objects in darker scenes without them getting blurry. This can result in underexposed pictures and more noise which seems to be the case here.

jefbeck

Jun 14, 2010
Better on left. Accept it guys, those mods dont do anything good. Imho

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Jishnu Sur™

citytrader

Jan 19, 2012
What the mods to is to decrease the shutter speed and increase the ISO so it can capture moving objects in darker scenes without them getting blurry. This can result in underexposed pictures and more noise which seems to be the case here.[/QUOTE]

The statement in red is wrong, the increasing ISO increments noise as you can see in the pictures, if you increase speed and ISO respecting the equation of exposure, it will get correct exposure.

Another important point, users should try to avoid increasing ISO if its possible, increasing ISO has bad impact in the photo in noise, color rendition degrades and dynamic range diminishes as ISO increases .

You can not do magic with the LG G2 sensor, its the same crap you will find in every smartphone.

Last edited:
Reactions: jefbeck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I can not make a judgement here because the right pictures are underexposed... :cyclops:

One point that much people confuse is about white balance, they think a picture has correct white balance if the whites are white and this is wrong (except for studio shoots), the correct white balance is when the picture is near to the real life, so the left should be better.

I think you should test again the cameras in two situations, night and day, in day with some trees, grass and sky and the most important thing, you should do a correct exposure compensation (brightness in stock camera) in both shoots, in the day shoots, try not to use auto WB, I dont use auto WB even in pro cameras.

For taking pictures, I recommend to use Camera FV-5 with banding disabled, is the camera application I like most, you can do exposure lock and focus lock separately, I dont like to use a camera app without that functionality. :)
    Hi Everyone, this post is not to hurt anyone. i respect all developers and everyone who contribute to this Forum

i have flashed Cloudy Pro II V1.2 rom on my G2. Everything was perfect ( one word amazing) but my only worry was Camera. i have a strong feeling that the camera has lost image in depth quality and clarity in images. i dont know which MOD was added to Cloudy Pro 1.2 rom. but still i have flashed Jishnu's & Xdabbeb Camera Mods. But the result was the same.

so i though of removing the camera apk that came with rom and tried to replace stock camera, but i failed (unfortunately stopped error) - may be the reason could be this Rom is based on G Pro 2.

i started asking suggestions everyone what's needed to be done to come on Stock 4.4.2 Camera with this ROM. but everyone suggested Xdabbeb & Jishnu's Camera. so finally i thought of a real comparison with stock camera.

though these mods are capable of more features like 4k/magic focus etc, my main concern was image quality :(

All Left images were taken by LG G2 Stock 4.4.2 Camera.
    All Right images were taken by LG G2 Cloudy Pro II V1.2 with Xdabbeb Camera Mod.

Pictures were Clicked with same settings on both phones

Can any one suggest me how to mod Stock G2 or G Pro 2 Camera in Cloudy Pro II ROM......please i love this ****ing awesome ROM :p

30j7ngm.png

2s9snz7.png

33jkb9w.png
    Better on left. Accept it guys, those mods dont do anything good. Imho

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    What the mods to is to decrease the shutter speed and increase the ISO so it can capture moving objects in darker scenes without them getting blurry. This can result in underexposed pictures and more noise which seems to be the case here.[/QUOTE]

The statement in red is wrong, the increasing ISO increments noise as you can see in the pictures, if you increase speed and ISO respecting the equation of exposure, it will get correct exposure.

Another important point, users should try to avoid increasing ISO if its possible, increasing ISO has bad impact in the photo in noise, color rendition degrades and dynamic range diminishes as ISO increases .

You can not do magic with the LG G2 sensor, its the same crap you will find in every smartphone.