So have they fixed the rubbish speaker?

Search This thread

Locklear308

Feb 6, 2012
Loganville
Google Pixel 6a
Seeing as how my moto x Dev edition just broke... (Microphone just failed)

I'm thinking about the nexus 5 again.

Only if... However they've fixed that garbage quality speaker.

Can someone shed some light?

Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
There was a software update for the speaker. Fixed the volume being unusually low in certain apps.

If you root the phone there are many options to increase volume and audio quality. Unrooted you can use equalizers for a small boost.

I find it loud enough to hear my ringtone in a noisy environment and clear enough to enjoy videos and music with.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
Seeing as how my moto x Dev edition just broke... (Microphone just failed)

I'm thinking about the nexus 5 again.

Only if... However they've fixed that garbage quality speaker.

Can someone shed some light?

Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app

If you are rooted then install ViPer4Android. It so dynamically changes the sound quality you will wonder what all the *****ing is about. Check for the ViPer4Android thread in the Nexus 5 themes and apps section for how to install it. In that thread is a flash file that makes things a little easier. In my opinion Google should buy ViPer4Android and make it standard. I use it on all my Android devices.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

pepdavies

Dec 1, 2012
Tiverton, Devon
My girlfriend's HTC One Mini has much better speakers than my N5. But my screen, processor, RAM, etc. are all much better. Depends what's most important to you. You could always use headphones

Simonna

Apr 8, 2013
Tested audio quality with earphones and without using Google music+equalizer and I can say that audio quality is GREAT.
Honestly after reading some users complains about audio quality I excepted it worse,but like for me,a music lover,it's great. :D :good:

Reactions: bblzd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google will push new speakers through an update soon ;) BTW read the suggestions above.
    No. Same erratic build, no new 'version'.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Tested audio quality with earphones and without using Google music+equalizer and I can say that audio quality is GREAT.
    Honestly after reading some users complains about audio quality I excepted it worse,but like for me,a music lover,it's great. :D :good: