[New APP] Png to CFC Hq - GUI -1.1

Search This thread

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
Hello my friends,

If you have a smartphone with Manila ( Sense), you have to see thaht the PNG included in manila are compressed with a lost of quality :(

Our chef Chainfire has created a famous apps named "CFC Gui" that aims at compressing png with CFC algorythm but with always the lost of quality.

In addition it created on other apps named "CFC" ( ->Only in command line) that aims at converting png to cfc in HQ ( whitout lost of quality), but many people that use CFC GUI don't know that Chainfire has created a CFC in command line in order to compress in HQ !

In order to compress png to cfc with HQ i have created an apps with GUI in order to compress png to cfc files with HQ easyli ( with this, you don't need to create a batch with a FOR,etc...which is very good if you have a lof of PNG files to convert).

In addition, before to convert my PNG to CFC HQ, i optimize the PNG with the famous png_optimizer_cl ( by Hadrien -> http://psydk.org/PngOptimizer.php). This fabulous software aims at optimizing a png file whitout lost of quality.

To conclude, this program use PngOptimizerCL in order to optimize the png whitout quality loss, and then it use the famous CFC.exe in order to convert the optimised png to manila files with CFC HQ method with padding.The advantage of this tool is first it optimize the png and secondly it compress it with CFC but with the HQ parameters which is not available in the CFC Gui.

So, this tools aims at having better quality manila files than using cfc gui.

Here is a picture with CFC HQ and whitout CFC HQ ( Note that the result is better on the smartpone)

Look at the shadow, the contour, the feathers, the wings and the beak ! And you can zoomIt in order to compare !

Thanks a lot to our chef Chainfire, whitout it, this work wasn't be possible !

Enjoy ;-)

Png To CFC Hq Advanced v1.1 by CrashOverHead aka Nixeus

NEWS and Updates

** 2011 19 10 : New version 1.1 : Correction of a bug caused with some indexed PNG.

Last edited:

stopa46

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 20, 2009
Norway
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
That's gonna be usefull :D

Edit: ok, so i've created new folder in my Documents. I've put the png files into it, run the program, browse to the destination and press Convert but i have this :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

can You help ?

Last edited:

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
Hello y friends,

I have found what is the bug.

If the optimized PNG user a colored indexed mode instead of an RGB mode, the CFC cannot compress it to CFC HQ !

Thats' why i need to modify the programm...

I will correct it monday ;)

Thanks for using it :)

Best regards,

Nixeus

Reactions: ai6908 and poyensa

HD2Owner

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2009
Neuhausen am Rheinfall
tested v1.1 yesterday. working fine now.

but there are some problems with specific graphics caused by png optimizer.

would be nice to see a selection if one wants to use it with or without png optimizer.

thanks

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
tested v1.1 yesterday. working fine now.

but there are some problems with specific graphics caused by png optimizer.

would be nice to see a selection if one wants to use it with or without png optimizer.

thanks

Yes HD2OWner, i can do it :)
Nevertheless could you please give me some informations about the problem with png optimizer ? Coud you please give me the picture before the png optimizer process ?

I will report the bug to the PngOptimizer's developpor.

Thanks a lot :)

regards,

Nixeus

HD2Owner

Oct 9, 2009
Neuhausen am Rheinfall
just browse around in sense and you will notice some problems (visually).
for example in settings tab, white lines (horizontal are incorrect).
another thing i noticed was in a search bar there are distortions (can't remember exactly).
also in quicklink program selection the selector graphics is wrong.
i think problem can be solved when 8bit is disabled in png optimizer.

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
Ok i will test it.
Maybe it's not a bug but an incompatibility with CFC HQ no ?

But you compress in CFC HQ all the Sense picture ?
Because the Sense picture are already destructed, so there is no advantage to compress in HQ the original Sense picture no ?

HD2Owner

Oct 9, 2009
Neuhausen am Rheinfall
i think i was wrong. graphical bugs also appear without using png optimizer.

tested it with original png's and my batch to use with cfc.exe directly.

seems to be a problem of cfc hq...

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
Ok, but if you cook this wrong image, do you see the problem on the phone , or not ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello my friends,

If you have a smartphone with Manila ( Sense), you have to see thaht the PNG included in manila are compressed with a lost of quality :(

Our chef Chainfire has created a famous apps named "CFC Gui" that aims at compressing png with CFC algorythm but with always the lost of quality.

In addition it created on other apps named "CFC" ( ->Only in command line) that aims at converting png to cfc in HQ ( whitout lost of quality), but many people that use CFC GUI don't know that Chainfire has created a CFC in command line in order to compress in HQ !

In order to compress png to cfc with HQ i have created an apps with GUI in order to compress png to cfc files with HQ easyli ( with this, you don't need to create a batch with a FOR,etc...which is very good if you have a lof of PNG files to convert).

In addition, before to convert my PNG to CFC HQ, i optimize the PNG with the famous png_optimizer_cl ( by Hadrien -> http://psydk.org/PngOptimizer.php). This fabulous software aims at optimizing a png file whitout lost of quality.

To conclude, this program use PngOptimizerCL in order to optimize the png whitout quality loss, and then it use the famous CFC.exe in order to convert the optimised png to manila files with CFC HQ method with padding.The advantage of this tool is first it optimize the png and secondly it compress it with CFC but with the HQ parameters which is not available in the CFC Gui.

So, this tools aims at having better quality manila files than using cfc gui.

Here is a picture with CFC HQ and whitout CFC HQ ( Note that the result is better on the smartpone)

Look at the shadow, the contour, the feathers, the wings and the beak ! And you can zoomIt in order to compare !

Thanks a lot to our chef Chainfire, whitout it, this work wasn't be possible !

Enjoy ;-)

Png To CFC Hq Advanced v1.1 by CrashOverHead aka Nixeus

NEWS and Updates

** 2011 19 10 : New version 1.1 : Correction of a bug caused with some indexed PNG.
    Hello y friends,

I have found what is the bug.

If the optimized PNG user a colored indexed mode instead of an RGB mode, the CFC cannot compress it to CFC HQ !

Thats' why i need to modify the programm...

I will correct it monday ;)

Thanks for using it :)

Best regards,

Nixeus
    Edit the post# 1,with a comparing picture.
    Hello Guy's

v1.1 is available and it correct the bug with some indexed PNG ;)

Enjoy ;)