Mac Users, Rejoice!

Search This thread

meatlocker

Jul 29, 2007
FL
Like many Mac users, I have been struggling with the fact that Android File Transfer (AFT) suddenly stopped working when Mountain Lion was released. I do not like Kies for Mac (or Kies in general, really), and missed the simplicity that AFT has in getting stuff to and from my device, both internal and external storage wise. My life was a shambles. I cried myself to sleep most nights.

But no more.

A recent development has allowed AFT to work for us once again! Huzzah!

First, download the Kies installer from here. Do NOT install. Rather, run the UNINSTALL app that appears. This will ensure that any remnants of Mac Kies, which interferes with AFT, is removed.

Then grab the latest version of AFT from here.

Put away tissues. Get good night's sleep.

:laugh:

***UPDATED***
The Kies uninstaller can now be found at the Samsung website within the Kies install package. Changed link to point directly to it.

Last edited:

envision

Oct 21, 2007
Tampa
Like many Mac users, I have been struggling with the fact that Android File Transfer (AFT) suddenly stopped working when Mountain Lion was released. I do not like Kies for Mac (or Kies in general, really), and missed the simplicity that AFT has in getting stuff to and from my device, both internal and external storage wise. My life was a shambles. I cried myself to sleep most nights.

But no more.

First, download this file.. Do NOT install. Rather, run the UNINSTALL app that appears. This will ensure that any remnants of Mac Kies, which interferes with AFT, is removed.

Worked like a champion thanks man!!!!!!!

Mar 12, 2012
www.siriusxm.com

But no more.

First, download this file.. Do NOT install. Rather, run the UNINSTALL app that appears. This will ensure that any remnants of Mac Kies, which interferes with AFT, is removed.

How often do you update this kies program?

livingaboard

Jan 29, 2012
that is the one thing I hate about Mac. I ended up just dual booting my Macbook, bought a larger hard drive and bought a full version of Windows 7. This was all just to screw with my phone and flash stuff via odin.

I am still on Snow Leopard

Last edited:

meatlocker

Jul 29, 2007
FL
QUOTE=TheWalkingDead;38343318]How often do you update this kies program? [/QUOTE]

I don't. This particular version contains the uninstaller that is needed to get rid of the remnants on your computer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2012
www.siriusxm.com
I don't. This particular version contains the uninstaller that is needed to get rid of the remnants on your computer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

I recommend everyone to perform a Google search for "kies" and go to their official website to download the latest version because this version can be outdated and incompatible with later versions of Mac OS. And also, not that I don't trust the OP but how do I know his file has not been compromised by mal ware? No offense. Just saying. Trying to be safe here.

Or the OP can just link to the official kies website like he did with AFT.

Last edited:

UrbanLagoon

Dec 13, 2012
that is the one thing I hate about Mac. I ended up just dual booting my Macbook, bought a larger hard drive and bought a full version of Windows 7. This was all just to screw with my phone and flash stuff via odin.

I am still on Snow Leopard

Your a g.

A lot of bloatware removed.
Screen on time after normal charge: 7-8 hours always.

meatlocker

Jul 29, 2007
FL
I recommend everyone to perform a Google search for "kies" and go to their official website to download the latest version because this version can be outdated and incompatible with later versions of Mac OS. And also, not that I don't trust the OP but how do I know his file has not been compromised by mal ware? No offense. Just saying. Trying to be safe here.

LOL. Do what now? So, you come along 3 months after this helpful post has been accessed by a number of people, from a reputable 6-year member of XDA, and question the help that is given? That's pretty funny, my man. I am glad I could help you too. Here is some more help...if you are going to attempt to bite the hand that feeds you, at least do some research on your own first. Had you done that, you would have discovered that Samsung does not distribute the uninstaller anymore (and hasn't for a while) for Kies, and I (after doing my own research) managed to find it, test it, and host it on my OWN website, for grateful people like yourself.

So, welcome to XDA, new guy. Let's try to be a little more gracious.

Reactions: Astom22 and nidnarb
Mar 12, 2012
www.siriusxm.com
LOL. Do what now? So, you come along 3 months after this helpful post has been accessed by a number of people, from a reputable 6-year member of XDA, and question the help that is given? That's pretty funny, my man. I am glad I could help you too. Here is some more help...if you are going to attempt to bite the hand that feeds you, at least do some research on your own first. Had you done that, you would have discovered that Samsung does not distribute the uninstaller anymore (and hasn't for a while) for Kies, and I (after doing my own research) managed to find it, test it, and host it on my OWN website, for grateful people like yourself.

I just Googled "kies." Samsung's website was at the top of the list. I downloaded the app, and ran the uninstaller.

aza3yse6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

meatlocker

Jul 29, 2007
FL

I can confirm that the proper uninstaller is now being distributed by Samsung, and I have changed the link in the OP to reflect that. Thanks for the link, TheWalkingDead.

Your forum etiquette could use some work, holmes. I made the OP 3 months ago, and the Kies version I posted was the only one with an uninstaller that was proven to work at that time. If there is an updated one now from Samsung, great, I have no issues pointing to that one. Coming in here and claiming I could be distributing malware is...reckless, to say the least.

Antitryptic

Feb 18, 2013
Awesome! I'll finally be able to use my Mac for most of this stuff now instead of having to switch computers. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

But no more.

First, download the Kies installer from here. Do NOT install. Rather, run the UNINSTALL app that appears. This will ensure that any remnants of Mac Kies, which interferes with AFT, is removed.

***UPDATED***
    The Kies uninstaller can now be found at the Samsung website within the Kies install package. Changed link to point directly to it.