[ROM]Simon's Sense 3.5 (4-29-12)

Search This thread
S

simonsimons34

Sense 3.5 For Marvelc

This ROM is based off of Jmz's work but more is fixed, and I will continue support for him.

What Doesn't Work:
Audio Equalizers (don't know why, but I added beats)
Facebook From Market (use an old one or friend stream)
The annoying Connected notification (I am looking:confused:)
I don't know what else yet, I haven't seen anything else.

What does work:
anything not listed above (I hope:cool:)

Downloads:

V2.1 (4-29-12)
Download

V2 (4-13-12)
Download

Screen Shots:
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2012-04-13_13.48.05.png
    2012-04-13_13.48.05.png
    164.6 KB · Views: 93,112
  • 2012-04-13_13.48.50.png
    2012-04-13_13.48.50.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 92,535
  • 2012-04-13_13.48.22.png
    2012-04-13_13.48.22.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 43,142
Last edited:

Silent7x

Feb 15, 2012
Do you know if the mail app still crashes when you send messages? That occurred with jmz's 3.5

kalaker

Feb 23, 2012
Not working:
Phone calls (Call immediately is "Lost" after dialing.)

Virgin Mobile
ROM Version: 1.1

Also, what is strange is Wi-Fi hotspot works. It shouldn't with VM (they don't permit it) and no other ROMs I've used have been able to create a Wi-Fi hotspot.

S

simonsimons34

Not working:
Phone calls (Call immediately is "Lost" after dialing.)

Virgin Mobile
ROM Version: 1.1

Also, what is strange is Wi-Fi hotspot works. It shouldn't with VM (they don't permit it) and no other ROMs I've used have been able to create a Wi-Fi hotspot.

They dont permit it but I added it ;)

As for call lost, never seen that before. Ive been calling fine all day. Will look though..

As for cyanogenmod... guess i need to stop working on it for months since you asked.. Sorry everyone, blame him for no CM

Android311

Dec 13, 2011
California
Ive been using your Rom ALL day with no problems, I used hotspot, calling, texts, mms, with out problems. Data is crazy fast ;) I've even made some of my own mods, thanks again Simon :D

shot_000001-4.png

Sent from my HTC_A510c using XDA

Last edited:

Android311

Dec 13, 2011
California
I got it all from cm7, the live wallpaper, any thing blue you see, and I just use apk manager to put the images inside. I love sense and cm7, so I added a little bit of both :)

Sent from my HTC_A510c using XDA

landonotis

Mar 31, 2011
Rom seems to be working flawlessly. Really thankful for all the work you've done to make this phone worth having.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

kalaker

Feb 23, 2012
S

simonsimons34

Haha guess so... As for other things in the rom, nice blue mod. Ilike it. And I will be updating credits later when I get on the laptop

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why don't you ask your 2.1 questions in the right thread ? This thread is 3.5 Sense yet you persist in riddling it with comments and questions that could otherwise contribute and help the dev and other user's in the proper forum thread ?
    The last time I checked the title of this thread it said [ROM]Simon's Sense 3.5, but your persistent post's are makeing this thread look's more like Sense 2.1.
    Read and use search before you do anything.

Dude, that's not the question I'm asking. I asked if the updated sense 2.1 had 75mb of free space like jmz's rom. Just answer the question instead of telling me to Google it or you can Google it and tell me how long it takes you to find the answer to the question I'm asking.

Please really ? This post violates rules 2.5 and 15 of xda rules. Any more of this and I'm going to report your off-topic post's to the moderator.
    Sent from my HTC_A510c using XDA App
    Regardless whether the question was "ungrateful", this is a Sense 3.5 thread and NOT a thread about CyanogenMod 7.

Please direct your questions to the appropriate thread.
    Does this remove it from the Notification drop down menu items too?

No it doesn't but I thought maybe this might help some people because seeing it in the status bar is anooying :p

EDIT: Sorry the APN Connected icon is located in phone.apk not system.ui, for those that do not no how to use apk manager and edit images ill post the apk here with the mod made, push the phone apk to system/app, you will get a forelose so reboot, please make a backup first (to be safe)

ALSO: if you want the cm7 music apk ill post it here as well.....phush music.apk to system/app then reboot, if you like better then htcmusic you can then delete htcmusic.apk
    The WFS is an upgrade from the OV, if only for the camera, LED flash, and FM tuner. I have taken up the torch where Simon left off with CM7, and may do so with this as well.
    Dalvik menu is in recovery ?

Dalvik menu is in the A2SDGUI app when you boot.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Hey all, please tell me this is compatible with US Cellular WFS. Months ago I gained S-Off and root, just to add Link2SD to store my apps on SD...I've just never got around to finding a ROM. I'm not a noob,this is my 6th Android device, all rooted/flashed/modded to high hell. So can I use this ROM, or does anyone know of one I can use. Preferably vanilla Android,but anything but what's on it now will do...thanks.

This should work. Most Marvelc ROMs do work with US Cellular.

For other Marvelc ROMs:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1387372 -CM7 (Some bugs)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1598166 -BlueRidge Sense (Sense without the junk.)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1432425 -Team Blueridge Thread