[THEMED APP / JellyBean] Apollo Holo Dark v3 pre-release (12/6/2012)

Search This thread

FluffyRabbit

Dec 13, 2010
Did you fork this or just git pull? Access to the source for your tweaks would be awesome (and possibly required if this is GPL. I couldn't find the license terms for the original).

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
Ron,

To answer you question, Apollo is licensed under the Apache License.
That being said, I would prefer you stick to side loading because I'm
working on releasing it into the the Play Store and plan to do so very
soon. I appreciate you asking first, some people don't and it's
frustrating to see them given credit for my work.

About what you're doing, have you considered using CM's theme engine
to create your themes? Considering you want to give every app the holo
dark theme, that's what I would look into. Also, you should look into
using Apollo's theme engine. If you created a holo dark theme for
Apollo you would also be helping me and Apollo out by providing more
themes for people. Also, since I've released it for CM, I've changed
the default theme to more of a holo dark one. I haven't pushed these
changes yet, but I'm trying to get everything ready to do so very
soon.

- Andrew

So it appears once he releases these changes, I will just need to implement my changes too.

Reactions: ihashacks

kchen96

Jul 9, 2012
Sorry for being a noob in regards to this app, but I've always used Poweramp as my default because of the great EQ settings (and i payed $5...) and never gave CM's player a chance. What great features does Apollo bring to the table?

Decepticaons

Sep 1, 2011
Byron Center
Sorry for being a noob in regards to this app, but I've always used Poweramp as my default because of the great EQ settings (and i payed $5...) and never gave CM's player a chance. What great features does Apollo bring to the table?

All of them lol. I have tried over 10 players and this is my favorite. I like the ui, the options, and it works with other third party equalizers, not that you need it cause this has a great one built in. Try it, you can always uninstall if you don't like it, plus its free :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

kchen96

Jul 9, 2012
Sigh... I want my $5 back from poweramp :( this is GREAT! the UI is alot better. Only issue is the album art. Look so ugly...All my art is blurry now. Wish it had "download coverart" feature

FluffyRabbit

Dec 13, 2010
Sigh... I want my $5 back from poweramp :( this is GREAT! the UI is alot better. Only issue is the album art. Look so ugly...All my art is blurry now. Wish it had "download coverart" feature
Actually, it does. It is supposed to search for local images and then look online if you don't have local images. I believe it uses Last.fm for cover art. In the code there are functions to force cover art search. I can see if that makes a difference at all.

kchen96

Jul 9, 2012
Oh... Well I'll fiddle with it for a while. If it's not sticking in reboot, to un install do I go into system root and just delete?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

lazer77

Finally installed this. Looks good and love the transparent widget. Gonna look around to see if its possible to get last.FM working with this in the morning now that I got my laptop back.

Edit: just came across the developers blog. He said back on like may 21st that he was going to release a paid version to the play store which would include scrobbling. I don't see it or the player at all. I emailed him.

Edit2: he emailed back and said he's releasing a version on the play store like I previously mentioned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda

Last edited:

FluffyRabbit

Dec 13, 2010
Finally installed this. Looks good and love the transparent widget. Gonna look around to see if its possible to get last.FM working with this in the morning now that I got my laptop back.

Edit: just came across the developers blog. He said back on like may 21st that he was going to release a paid version to the play store which would include scrobbling. I don't see it or the player at all. I emailed him.

Edit2: he emailed back and said he's releasing a version on the play store like I previously mentioned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda
He was supposed to release it quite some time ago but just hasn't so far. For all we know, it will be another 5 years.

liquidzoo

Mar 17, 2010
Florence, AZ
Just a question (want to make sure) this is the JellyBean version of Apollo, right? I tried a dark molded Apollo not too long ago, but it didn't have the same features as the stock one on cm10, namely the ability to transfer track information to my car over bluetooth.

Sent from my CM10 Skyrocket
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

FluffyRabbit

Dec 13, 2010
Just a question (want to make sure) this is the JellyBean version of Apollo, right? I tried a dark molded Apollo not too long ago, but it didn't have the same features as the stock one on cm10, namely the ability to transfer track information to my car over bluetooth.

Sent from my CM10 Skyrocket
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Correct. This is the JB exclusive build of Apollo. Once all features are to my liking I am going to try and merge ICS and JB builds.

kchen96

Jul 9, 2012
Running on aokp tht didn't have dsp manager, Apollo has its own EQ. I tried flashing dsp manager s in my "all apps". But when going to Eq on Apollo its all the stock EQ.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

FluffyRabbit

Dec 13, 2010
Running on aokp tht didn't have dsp manager, Apollo has its own EQ. I tried flashing dsp manager s in my "all apps". But when going to Eq on Apollo its all the stock EQ.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Apollo just invokes the DSP manager you have installed. You either flashed it wrong or something else is going wrong.

liquidzoo

Mar 17, 2010
Florence, AZ
Didn't see if this was mentioned or if it's related to this app or CM10 in general, but the Bluetooth EQ doesn't work when outputting to my car via BT. The Speaker EQ is active instead.

Again, not sure if this is intentional somewhere along the line or a bug somewhere, but I thought I'd mention it.

FluffyRabbit

Dec 13, 2010
Didn't see if this was mentioned or if it's related to this app or CM10 in general, but the Bluetooth EQ doesn't work when outputting to my car via BT. The Speaker EQ is active instead.

Again, not sure if this is intentional somewhere along the line or a bug somewhere, but I thought I'd mention it.
That is an issue with CM10 and DSP manager. On PA 2.50 my bluetooth EQ works, but BARELY.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

G9obk.png

Like to use the default Apollo player in CyanogenMod, or AOKP, but hate the light theme?
    Look no further, Apollo Holo Dark is here.

What I have done:
    Went through the source code found on GitHub
    edited the images,
    editing the xml not just for the theme,
    rewriting java code (adding new features too),
    and built from source.

To install:
    Place on sd card
    Wipe cache for the Apollo app and force stop it (Not required but can prevent issues with force closes after install)
    Uninstall Apollo (Not required but may be needed to install with different apk key error and prevent force closes. If my install doesn't stick on reboot, uninstall the system app)
    Install from sd card
    Enjoy!
    Note: Changing LCD Density values may make the visualizer bars off set when in album or artists tab
    If you get force closes after install, fix permissions and then retry. Else provide me with a logcat or reproduction process

Changelog:
    v3 pre-release
    Update source to new Apollo

v2.5
    Pressing hardware menu now opens menu
    Removed un imported classes

v2.0
    Transparent widgets!
    Code cleanup
    Removed a random white text background

v1.1
    Widgets are less of an eyesore
    Search result text is now white

v1.0
    Built from jellybean source
    merged holo dark changes

Downloads:
    v2.5 CM10/AOKP/JB 10/17/2012
    Apollo v3 Pre-release (No transparency changing)

v3 pre-release
    q8Pea.png
    LFKPg.png

v2.5
    rwK6n.png
    5jixQ.png

Other Images

WIP:
    Crisper looking widget
    Semi-transparent widgets in v3
    4x4 widget
    Debloated Apollo Holo Dark for Skyrocket
    More secrets

Would like to say thank you to Andrew Neal for creating this wonderful app and making the source public.
    If all goes well with this, I want to start bringing the holo dark theme to more holo light apps.
    Mainly, I want it to scrobble the tracks I play to my profile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727
    Dug further into the code, it appears they are wanting to implement scrobbling but it is just not there yet. If the feature isn't complete by time I finish with my likings, I will definitely look into it.
    Nice. Another thing I wasn't too crazy about. (The widget not being transparent)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
    Your wish has been granted.
    Did you fork this or just git pull? Access to the source for your tweaks would be awesome (and possibly required if this is GPL. I couldn't find the license terms for the original).

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
    Ron,

To answer you question, Apollo is licensed under the Apache License.
    That being said, I would prefer you stick to side loading because I'm
    working on releasing it into the the Play Store and plan to do so very
    soon. I appreciate you asking first, some people don't and it's
    frustrating to see them given credit for my work.

About what you're doing, have you considered using CM's theme engine
    to create your themes? Considering you want to give every app the holo
    dark theme, that's what I would look into. Also, you should look into
    using Apollo's theme engine. If you created a holo dark theme for
    Apollo you would also be helping me and Apollo out by providing more
    themes for people. Also, since I've released it for CM, I've changed
    the default theme to more of a holo dark one. I haven't pushed these
    changes yet, but I'm trying to get everything ready to do so very
    soon.

- Andrew

So it appears once he releases these changes, I will just need to implement my changes too.
    Juicy new feature coming. Changing the widget theme has been turned into just going from light to dark due to some complications but that is put on the back burner for something semi-special that would remove the need to check here.