Motorola droid pro extended battery + cover + bp7x oem

Search This thread

Jibreil

Jan 11, 2007
Mumbai
Reading on some threads of a 1860mAH battery requirement, so I found this off eBay.

Motorola batteries keep your phone powered up when you need it most. Protect your phones warranty by using only Motorola Original batteries that are specially designed for your phone to deliver best performance.

* Original OEM Li-Ion Extended Battery
* Battery Condition: Brand New

What’s included in the Auction

# 1 OEM Original battery Motorola BP7X Battery
# 1 OEM Matching Droid Pro door

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTOROLA-DROID-...539861?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item230c7045d5

@Class

Oct 27, 2008
Checking the power usage, most if it is being used by you guess it...

The display. For me this number flirts around 50%. That's a boat load of usage compared to everything else!

I guess Motorola didn't choose an energy efficient panel.

Jibreil

Jan 11, 2007
Mumbai
Checking the power usage, most if it is being used by you guess it...

The display. For me this number flirts around 50%. That's a boat load of usage compared to everything else!

I guess Motorola didn't choose an energy efficient panel.

I was rather amazed to hear that the screen sucks so much battery! Thought a 3.1 low-res screen would rather give a better battery life.

May be a custom ROM with some tweaks can take care of this.

kjjb0204

Aug 24, 2010
New England
I'm going to leave brightness on about 40% for the day and see what happens. I normally have on auto brightness, and my usage does show the display using about 50% of the juice.

@Class

Oct 27, 2008
Yeah with respect to the display I don't think an HTC phone would be that high... Odd choice moto!

jonkranked

Dec 15, 2010
how much thickness does the extended battery add? it's hard to tell from the picture, but it still looks like the there is the raised portion at the top of the device for the camera

@Class

Oct 27, 2008
Not much... I hardly even notice its there. The new battery backing even keeps a slight curve as the original slimmer one did.

I'm really happy this is an original Motorola product and the battery cover / door looks just like the thin one with the silver swirls and all.

jonkranked

Dec 15, 2010
Not much... I hardly even notice its there. The new battery backing even keeps a slight curve as the original slimmer one did.

I'm really happy this is an original Motorola product and the battery cover / door looks just like the thin one with the silver swirls and all.

cool. might have to pick one up from my local store.

HamiltonX

Apr 2, 2007
Hi to everyone,

is there any lucky owner of Motorola Extended battery who can tell me how thick is phone with extended door? I ask one seller and he tell me Droid Pro with this original extended battery is about 1/2" thicker than with standard 1420 mah battery. But after I have read this thread I think it must be nosense. But there is no exact infor and no photo anywhere. Thanks a lot!:)

MrWilliams2

Aug 4, 2010
I'm really surprised to read about everyone having battery problems. I wouldn't describe myself a heavy user, but I do make several calls, send and receive a boatload of texts, have widgets that require data pulls set for every 30 minutes, do a small amount of internet browsing, and use the mp3 player for an of hour or so while working out and I have had nothing but amazing battery life. Being a BB convert a couple of devices ago, I can say with certainty that this, being my 3rd Android phone, has the best battery life so far. I usually unplug around 6am and by 11pm, I'm still at about 60-70%. No android device that I know of can touch the battery life of a BB, but this one has been very good so far.

Last edited:

D2VW14_20

Oct 11, 2010
Scottsburg IN
It adds more weight than thickness imo. The battery is probably 1/8" thicker and the soor the same. Probably adds 1/4" more thickness overall, but there is a great weight different to me. Seem to hold a good charge though. Worth the $34 to me.

mariu$

May 31, 2010
im really interested in this
please post a picture, only with extended door and battery one from the side

Feb 3, 2011
I was able to cut out the back on the standard cover for the extended battery to stick out, and the otterbox seems to fit fine. If you don't want to cut your back cover, you can just leave the back off since the otterbox protects it, though I still like the idea of having an internal cover. I may go back and put some sort of rubber seal around the battery opening just in case. Will post pics later