[ROM][Source][Jan 11]CM7

Search This thread

Sblood86

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 18, 2011
Middle of nowhere, Texas
To compile any of the KFire-Android roms please see the instructions in our build wiki.

Device History / Commit Log

This is a mostly stock cm7 build that I try to keep relatively updated for those who still want to use Gingerbread:

Changes from CM7 Stock:
Removed ROM Manager.
Removed CM Stats & Update Notifier.
Added GooManager and Goo.im compatible auto-updater script for incremental updates.
There may be some other differences I'm not remembering honestly it's been awhile since I updated the code.

Download the latest package from Goo.im either @ http://goo.im/devs/IngCr3at1on/Otter/cm7stockish
or
via GooManager itself under Browse Compatible Roms > IngCr3at1on.
(the md5sums are listed on the downloads page, if you are downloading via GooManager it checks the md5sums for you).

Make a backup in recovery.
If new to cm7: wipe data (factory reset) and system (found under mounts and storage) otherwise wipe cache (dalvik cache is on the cache so this is enough).
Install zip from sd card

Optional:
Download and install gapps (included optionally in GooManager).

Extra information:
  • It is highly recommended that you use an OpenRecoveryScript compatible recovery to make full use of GooManager (Cannibal Open Touch Recovery {see second post} or TWRP).
  • If you are coming from stock you will need to move all your books from /sdcard/Books/ to sdcard/kindle/ (please note some of these may need to be redownloaded).
  • There is some confusion regarding the entries "Phone Idle" and "Cell Standby" in the battery/usage stats. This is referring to the device idle and standby, it could just as easily say "Tablet Idle" and "Device Standby" but it wasn't considered in the original creation (this can be resolved w/ an overlay most likely but I have not researched it). Your device battery is not wasting away to some mysterious phone/cell service so sleep easy.
  • By default the lockscreen is disabled; to enable it simply go to 'settings' > 'cyanogenmod settings' > 'tablet tweaks' > uncheck disable lockscreen.
  • For some unknown reason (to me at least) the market is not properly loading after flashing gapps; to make it load go into 'settings' > 'accounts and sync' > add your google account. The market should appear after that.
  • You will likely want to install an app to supplement a back button; for this there are button savior and another (allows gestures) which I can't remember currently (someone post the name and I will update this lol).
  • I would also recommend VolumeControl for supplemented sound controls.

Credits and Thanks
  • JackpotClavin for origin concept build.
  • Whistlestop for the initial repos.
  • Sitic/Nind for his work on CM9 (some of which has helped me figure out how to change stuff for us).
  • Pkt_Lnt providing fixes.
  • SkimpKilla for compiling this into something people can flash (even if it is a bit modified ;) )(no longer maintained).
  • Takenover83; a custom backup file is the weirdest concept ever but people seem to like it so have at it (no longer maintained). :p
  • Hashcode for awesome work on CM9/10
  • The CyanogenMod and AOSP teams
  • DooMLoRD (Team UtterChaos) for the CWM Kindle recovery beta and ramdisk reboot scripts. Original discussion thread and source can be found @ [Recovery] Custom CWM-Based Touch Recovery...
  • Napstar (Team UtterChaos) for his awesome, yet surprisingly simply touch screen recovery source. Original discussion thread and source can be found @ [Sources] CWM Based Recovery On-Screen Touch...
  • Drew Walton (Team Hydro & Project Open Cannibal) for helping me create Cannibal Open Touch Recovery and providing all around awesome support in general.
  • Twa_priv for helping to resolve build errors in early builds.
  • mughalgxt for bravely testing recent builds until I corrected what I borked.
  • The XDA Community
  • Whoever else I left out.

PayPal Donate Fund
Thanks to Joshua K. for donating (you just bought me a factory cable; luckily it booted my device).
Thanks to Alexander K. and Ivan K. for also donating.

Last edited:

Sblood86

Apr 18, 2011
Middle of nowhere, Texas
mine

I've released the recovery under a new name; out of respect to Team Hydro and the original creator of the Dooderbutt image the release is at Cannibal Open Touch, the binary is also available directly on Goo Manager under 'dev/IngCr3at1on/Otter/CannibalOpenTouch/' or direct @ Goo.im (we will be creating a XDA thread for the next release).

-----

A word about kernels: to my extreme annoyment I have yet to get the wireless modules for the kernel to compile on my machine (currently I have given up on this effort, a single module is not worth the headaches) to that end the original JackpotClavin kernel is still included in the source (I do not have source to this and I believe it is the cause of at least some of the issues when running this rom) for the time being please flash an alternate kernel after installing the rom. I would eventually like to replace this kernel with a non-overclocked performance kernel (for OC you will have to install it separate). If someone has a kernel which they would like to see added to the source (this includes Hashcode or IntersectRaven) please fork my device repo and open a pull request with the replacement zImage and modules (include a link to source in your pull request please) I will test it and barring errors merge it.

Last edited:

smirkis

Oct 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
I appreciate this. thanks.with it being source, u should leave it as is imo, kernals are out there and usually get cooked into custom roms, which is what I've been interested in learnong lately. so again, thanks

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

Sblood86

Apr 18, 2011
Middle of nowhere, Texas
I appreciate this. thanks.with it being source, u should leave it as is imo, kernals are out there and usually get cooked into custom roms, which is what I've been interested in learnong lately. so again, thanks

I agree that most custom roms will have custom kernels and that's part of why I don't want to include an OC kernel; as it is the stock kernel that's included has some issues though and I'd like to replace it with something more stable (ideally a slightly optimized non-OC stock) similar to Hashcodes kernel. I have tried compiling Hashcodes kernel as a replacement (intent on making some small tweaks if I did) but as previous mentioned I keep hitting walls with the wifi module, it's very annoying.

Reactions: Fedot01

smirkis

Oct 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
I agree that most custom roms will have custom kernels and that's part of why I don't want to include an OC kernel; as it is the stock kernel that's included has some issues though and I'd like to replace it with something more stable (ideally a slightly optimized non-OC stock) similar to Hashcodes kernel. I have tried compiling Hashcodes kernel as a replacement (intent on making some small tweaks if I did) but as previous mentioned I keep hitting walls with the wifi module, it's very annoying.

hmm, I do suggest looking at intersects source maybe? before he updated with oc, his kernal was optimized nicely without oc.

Sblood86

Apr 18, 2011
Middle of nowhere, Texas
hmm, I do suggest looking at intersects source maybe? before he updated with oc, his kernal was optimized nicely without oc.

Aye same issue though sadly; wall with wifi module (I suppose I could build the kernel than pull the wifi module from someone elses but that feels like cheating lol). At this point I'm so annoyed with the wifi module though compiling a kernel is one of the last things on my list, this is why I have requested that someone else do one and add it via pull request.

On that note pull requests on any of my repos are always welcome (anything to fix my half baked swiss cheese hackings)

Reactions: Fedot01

smirkis

Oct 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
after I curl repo, I get the info showing it was created. I than chmod it, than attempt to repo init and I get repo not installed. but when I check my files, its there. but when I call repo init it keeps saying file doesn't exist. its my first time really building in ubuntu, sorry

Sblood86

Apr 18, 2011
Middle of nowhere, Texas
after I curl repo, I get the info showing it was created. I than chmod it, than attempt to repo init and I get repo not installed. but when I check my files, its there. but when I call repo init it keeps saying file doesn't exist. its my first time really building in ubuntu, sorry

Could try. '. repo' personally I've never had Ubuntu require this for the repo command but most Linux commands do require the dot. If it works I'll update the OP and readme that info was in the old readme but for some reason I removed it.

smirkis

Oct 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
Aye same issue though sadly; wall with wifi module (I suppose I could build the kernel than pull the wifi module from someone elses but that feels like cheating lol). At this point I'm so annoyed with the wifi module though compiling a kernel is one of the last things on my list, this is why I have requested that someone else do one and add it via pull request.

On that note pull requests on any of my repos are always welcome (anything to fix my half baked swiss cheese hackings)

when i run .repo i get .repo not found.

so i try ./repo and i repo not installed, run repo init to install it here...

so i try ./repo init and i get this error msg lol.

"smirkis@smirkis-Parallels-Virtual-Platform:~/cm7$ ./repo init -u git://github.com/Incr3at1on/platform_manifest.git -b gingerbread
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./repo", line 690, in <module>
main(sys.argv[1:])
File "./repo", line 657, in main
_Init(args)
File "./repo", line 189, in _Init
_CheckGitVersion()
File "./repo", line 214, in _CheckGitVersion
proc = subprocess.Popen(cmd, stdout=subprocess.PIPE)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 679, in __init__
errread, errwrite)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1239, in _execute_child
raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory"

no matter if i delete the repo file, redo curl, re chmod it, any time i type in repo or .repo or ./repo i get errors. i don't wanna jus chop up your zip lol, thats cheating. i wanna compile from your modified source, and than add changes

Last edited:

Sblood86

Apr 18, 2011
Middle of nowhere, Texas
when i run .repo i get .repo not found.

so i try ./repo and i repo not installed, run repo init to install it here...

so i try ./repo init and i get this error msg lol.

"smirkis@smirkis-Parallels-Virtual-Platform:~/cm7$ ./repo init -u git://github.com/Incr3at1on/platform_manifest.git -b gingerbread
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./repo", line 690, in <module>
main(sys.argv[1:])
File "./repo", line 657, in main
_Init(args)
File "./repo", line 189, in _Init
_CheckGitVersion()
File "./repo", line 214, in _CheckGitVersion
errread, errwrite)
raise child_exception

no matter if i delete the repo file, redo curl, re chmod it, any time i type in repo or .repo or ./repo i get errors. i don't wanna jus chop up your zip lol, thats cheating. i wanna compile from your modified source, and than add changes

Alright; just got off work had a chance to actually look. First of all let me say sorry. Entirely my fault (sort of) it's what I get for ripping the walk through from someone elses readme without confirming it...

use this instead
Code:
curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

updating the OP now

smirkis

Oct 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
that was the second thing I tried. first u gotta mkdir ~/bin than curl ~/bin/repo than chmod ~/bin/repo than mkdir /cm7 CD /cm7 but when I repo or. repo or. /repo I still get the error.

Sblood86

Apr 18, 2011
Middle of nowhere, Texas
that was the second thing I tried. first u gotta mkdir ~/bin than curl ~/bin/repo than chmod ~/bin/repo than mkdir /cm7 CD /cm7 but when I repo or. repo or. /repo I still get the error.

Fair enough. I'm not sure but this

errread, errwrite)
raise child_exception

almost looks like it is pointing towards an error with python, did you go through and install all the requirements from : http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html ?

Last edited:
Reactions: smirkis

smirkis

Oct 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
wow i feel dumb lol. so i mistyped a few of the required install packages i guess. i went back thru them and watched each one finish installing, and i am now compiling from your modified sources. time for a sandwich lol thanks

Sblood86

Apr 18, 2011
Middle of nowhere, Texas
wow i feel dumb lol. so i mistyped a few of the required install packages i guess. i went back thru them and watched each one finish installing, and i am now compiling from your modified sources. time for a sandwich lol thanks

Glad it works; I'm having to order a factory cable cause I was running CM9 and the ramdisk doesn't support offline charging...

Edit: In case that's not clear, my battery died lol

Last edited:

remmie80

Sep 29, 2010
Hey,
So I flashed this rom, and is was working quite well, no problems at all and then I turned off my screen after using facebook or something and now it doesn't do anything anymore.. Nothing when I push the power button once, twice, hold it, plug in charger, connect to laptop. Nothing...
Can anyone please help me?
I only bought this thing 6 days ago.
Thanks

jmcoffey

Dec 6, 2011
Peachtree City
Hey,
So I flashed this rom, and is was working quite well, no problems at all and then I turned off my screen after using facebook or something and now it doesn't do anything anymore.. Nothing when I push the power button once, twice, hold it, plug in charger, connect to laptop. Nothing...
Can anyone please help me?
I only bought this thing 6 days ago.
Thanks

Hold the power button for twenty seconds. Then try turning it on again.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA App

Reactions: remmie80

worldwidepmp

May 9, 2008
Washington, D.C.
I thought this ROM would've licked that pesky Status Bar Force Close issue. Netflix works perfectly though. 1 out of 2 ain't bad.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To compile any of the KFire-Android roms please see the instructions in our build wiki.

Device History / Commit Log

This is a mostly stock cm7 build that I try to keep relatively updated for those who still want to use Gingerbread:

Changes from CM7 Stock:
    Removed ROM Manager.
    Removed CM Stats & Update Notifier.
    Added GooManager and Goo.im compatible auto-updater script for incremental updates.
    There may be some other differences I'm not remembering honestly it's been awhile since I updated the code.

Download the latest package from Goo.im either @ http://goo.im/devs/IngCr3at1on/Otter/cm7stockish
    or
    via GooManager itself under Browse Compatible Roms > IngCr3at1on.
    (the md5sums are listed on the downloads page, if you are downloading via GooManager it checks the md5sums for you).

Make a backup in recovery.
    If new to cm7: wipe data (factory reset) and system (found under mounts and storage) otherwise wipe cache (dalvik cache is on the cache so this is enough).
    Install zip from sd card

Optional:
    Download and install gapps (included optionally in GooManager).

Extra information:
    • It is highly recommended that you use an OpenRecoveryScript compatible recovery to make full use of GooManager (Cannibal Open Touch Recovery {see second post} or TWRP).
    • If you are coming from stock you will need to move all your books from /sdcard/Books/ to sdcard/kindle/ (please note some of these may need to be redownloaded).
    • There is some confusion regarding the entries "Phone Idle" and "Cell Standby" in the battery/usage stats. This is referring to the device idle and standby, it could just as easily say "Tablet Idle" and "Device Standby" but it wasn't considered in the original creation (this can be resolved w/ an overlay most likely but I have not researched it). Your device battery is not wasting away to some mysterious phone/cell service so sleep easy.
    • By default the lockscreen is disabled; to enable it simply go to 'settings' > 'cyanogenmod settings' > 'tablet tweaks' > uncheck disable lockscreen.
    • For some unknown reason (to me at least) the market is not properly loading after flashing gapps; to make it load go into 'settings' > 'accounts and sync' > add your google account. The market should appear after that.
    • You will likely want to install an app to supplement a back button; for this there are button savior and another (allows gestures) which I can't remember currently (someone post the name and I will update this lol).
    • I would also recommend VolumeControl for supplemented sound controls.

Credits and Thanks
    • JackpotClavin for origin concept build.
    • Whistlestop for the initial repos.
    • Sitic/Nind for his work on CM9 (some of which has helped me figure out how to change stuff for us).
    • Pkt_Lnt providing fixes.
    • SkimpKilla for compiling this into something people can flash (even if it is a bit modified ;) )(no longer maintained).
    • Takenover83; a custom backup file is the weirdest concept ever but people seem to like it so have at it (no longer maintained). :p
    • Hashcode for awesome work on CM9/10
    • The CyanogenMod and AOSP teams
    • DooMLoRD (Team UtterChaos) for the CWM Kindle recovery beta and ramdisk reboot scripts. Original discussion thread and source can be found @ [Recovery] Custom CWM-Based Touch Recovery...
    • Napstar (Team UtterChaos) for his awesome, yet surprisingly simply touch screen recovery source. Original discussion thread and source can be found @ [Sources] CWM Based Recovery On-Screen Touch...
    • Drew Walton (Team Hydro & Project Open Cannibal) for helping me create Cannibal Open Touch Recovery and providing all around awesome support in general.
    • Twa_priv for helping to resolve build errors in early builds.
    • mughalgxt for bravely testing recent builds until I corrected what I borked.
    • The XDA Community
    • Whoever else I left out.

PayPal Donate Fund
    Thanks to Joshua K. for donating (you just bought me a factory cable; luckily it booted my device).
    Thanks to Alexander K. and Ivan K. for also donating.
    mine

I've released the recovery under a new name; out of respect to Team Hydro and the original creator of the Dooderbutt image the release is at Cannibal Open Touch, the binary is also available directly on Goo Manager under 'dev/IngCr3at1on/Otter/CannibalOpenTouch/' or direct @ Goo.im (we will be creating a XDA thread for the next release).

-----

A word about kernels: to my extreme annoyment I have yet to get the wireless modules for the kernel to compile on my machine (currently I have given up on this effort, a single module is not worth the headaches) to that end the original JackpotClavin kernel is still included in the source (I do not have source to this and I believe it is the cause of at least some of the issues when running this rom) for the time being please flash an alternate kernel after installing the rom. I would eventually like to replace this kernel with a non-overclocked performance kernel (for OC you will have to install it separate). If someone has a kernel which they would like to see added to the source (this includes Hashcode or IntersectRaven) please fork my device repo and open a pull request with the replacement zImage and modules (include a link to source in your pull request please) I will test it and barring errors merge it.
    So holidays not withstanding I managed to hose my OS and have to redo it (don't ask why), lost all my goo.im login info (since found; about 2 minutes ago) and generally just haven't done jack code related in the past month lol...

I had a build compiled last week but without the goo.im info I didn't/couldn't upload it. New one from today has just finished uploading as I type this. Had to update the local manifest to reflect Hashcode's new naming conventions being that our device repo is stored in the KFire-Android repos.

Hopefully I'll get around to updating some release tools to compile this as an alt rom (cause I'm too lazy to repack it) but in the meantime here's to keeping legacy stuff alive as long as people use it.
    New build for a new month ;)

Tested and approved by mughalgxt
    New recovery; make sure to check out the release thread linked in the second post for full details. You can find the new image on goo.im @ http://goo.im/devs/IngCr3at1on/Amazon-Kindle-Fire/recovery.