[Q] Wanting to jump from CM7 to MIUI

Search This thread

drjohnson89

Dec 31, 2010
I've been tinkering with CM7 for the last several days, and while I like a lot of the features, I am also rather displeased with it. I've been looking into MIUI and it looks like a very interesting ROM, but I have some questions and concerns about jumping to it. Firstly, is the in call volume better than that of CM7? Secondly, is the deep sleep/lock issue that prevents calls going through, that big of a hassle given the fix of the softlocker app? Finally, would I be able to jump from CM7 to MIUI, if I did a dalvik, data, wipe etc? Thanks again for any help!

Last edited:

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
I didn't even wipe data when I did the switch, just dalvik/cache wipe, install.

I don't have any complaints from MIUI, my in call volume has been fine, through the headset, and through BT. No missed calls so far. Was using the EC09 modem, currently testing the ED05 modem.

I'm running the Glitch kernel.

HarleyJoel

Mar 28, 2011
I did a full wipe to be ensure any problems I had were not from wiping. MIUI has very few bugs in my experience. The call volume is good with the included kernel but I installed Volume+ from the market which seems to help. Very happy with it so far.