[Q] Touchpad WebOs Tethering

Search This thread

BigBadWolf84

Jul 9, 2011
Can't seem to find a good app for my Android Samsung Vibrant to tether my WebOs Touchpad. Anyone know one that works?

quarlow

Feb 6, 2008
Tooele, UT
I use the built in tether function in Android. Are you running a custom ROM? Is your phone rooted? Do you have tethering enabled on your phone line?

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)

BigBadWolf84

Jul 9, 2011
My phone is rooted and I'm running a custom Android 2.2 rom from Team Whiskey. I just found out that the Tether Widget app I got from the Amazon App Store works only until I reboot. If I remove the widget from my home screen and then reenable the widget after a reboot it works again. Can't seem to get the widget to work without doing this. This is the only app/widget I have found that works with my Touchpad running WebOs. I have no problem with this as I am not a big widget fan. This widget has no settings that I have found, it just works. I don't tether my phone to my Touchpad much so this is not a problem. I can enable the widget when I want to tether. Just good to know I have this when I need it.:)

quarlow

Feb 6, 2008
Tooele, UT
If you are running a custom ROM you should be able to use the built in tethering.

Settings > Wireless and Networking > Mobile AP

The built in feature is usually reliable. I never have to reboot when using the built in tethering.

Reactions: BigBadWolf84

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are running a custom ROM you should be able to use the built in tethering.

Settings > Wireless and Networking > Mobile AP

The built in feature is usually reliable. I never have to reboot when using the built in tethering.