Stuck in fastboot & download mode

Search This thread

daimonmustdie

Jan 16, 2012
Hey guys im trying to back to a fresh stock rom. (VS980)I downloaded all the necessary files, drivers, lgflash tools etc etc. however my computer still cannot recognize my phone. under ports there is not an ANDROID port for my phone. (since we need to change it to COM41)

any ideas or suggestions?

Gabriel51

May 10, 2008
xda Texas
Hey guys im trying to back to a fresh stock rom. (VS980)I downloaded all the necessary files, drivers, lgflash tools etc etc. however my computer still cannot recognize my phone. under ports there is not an ANDROID port for my phone. (since we need to change it to COM41)

any ideas or suggestions?

what comp/ operating system are you on?
plug directly into the computer, not a hub.

daimonmustdie

Jan 16, 2012

Attachments

• com41.jpg
    com41.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 20

Gabriel51

May 10, 2008
xda Texas
it shows up when its showing the LG logo, but when its on download mode, its blank.
When it's in the download mode it may show up in a different location in the device manager and be listed only as "android".
Do you hear any sound from the computer when you plug it in when in download mode?
What does your download screen look like?
Once these questions are answered, there may be a solution. Hopefully a CDMA device won't be different

daimonmustdie

Jan 16, 2012
When it's in the download mode it may show up in a different location in the device manager and be listed only as "android".
Do you hear any sound from the computer when you plug it in when in download mode?
What does your download screen look like?
Once these questions are answered, there may be a solution. Hopefully a CDMA device won't be different

Hi i just got my phone back from a cell phone repair shop, they had no luck either.
to answers your questions:

i hear no sound from the computer when i plug it in to turn on download mode.

my download screen says Firmware Update on top, "do not unplug the USB connecton...." 0%. in the bottom it says b17 and ROOTED in red.

Rei Zazie

May 27, 2013
Hi i just got my phone back from a cell phone repair shop, they had no luck either.

my download screen says Firmware Update on top, "do not unplug the USB connecton...." 0%. in the bottom it says b17 and ROOTED in red.

there are two possibilities.. First, your phone is already hard bricked.. second is, your battery is absolutely dead with no power left...
Well, Have you tried to check the battery itself?

daimonmustdie

Jan 16, 2012
there are two possibilities.. First, your phone is already hard bricked.. second is, your battery is absolutely dead with no power left...
Well, Have you tried to check the battery itself?

hmmmm hardbricked? i can get into download mode and stock recovery. I messed around with adb sideload last night trying to flash a custom recovery but it kept saying installation aborted on the phone. i even tried adb push but it keeps saying error:closed in the cmd prompt.

how can i check the battery? its non removeable.

thanks for helping, any ideas is appreciated!

Rei Zazie

May 27, 2013
hmmmm hardbricked? i can get into download mode and stock recovery. I messed around with adb sideload last night trying to flash a custom recovery but it kept saying installation aborted on the phone. i even tried adb push but it keeps saying error:closed in the cmd prompt.

how can i check the battery? its non removeable.

thanks for helping, any ideas is appreciated!

ok, so have you tried it using different PC or laptop?

(last option if nothing else to try) if you want to check the battery :
DIY remove the case ( there are several tutorials in youtube, but of course, do it with your own risk)

Gabriel51

May 10, 2008
xda Texas

It's not hard bricked/
Getting into download mode proves this.
You must get your computer to recognize your device in order to communicate with it. So I would not consider anything else until that is accomplished. PERIOD!
1. Are you using a USB 2.0 port? usb 3.0 will not work a lot of the time. (Important)
2. Have you tried another usb cable?
3. I think we discussed the drivers, I have them if needed

What operating system are you using?

If nothing here helps we can we can use "TeamViewer 9" which will give me control of your computer to help resolve this issue...

daimonmustdie

Jan 16, 2012
It's not hard bricked/
Getting into download mode proves this.
You must get your computer to recognize your device in order to communicate with it. So I would not consider anything else until that is accomplished. PERIOD!
1. Are you using a USB 2.0 port? usb 3.0 will not work a lot of the time. (Important)
2. Have you tried another usb cable?
3. I think we discussed the drivers, I have them if needed

What operating system are you using?

If nothing here helps we can we can use "TeamViewer 9" which will give me control of your computer to help resolve this issue...

when i turn on my phone, and the LG logo is on the screen, my computer recognizes the phone, it will say LGE androidnet...but when i go to download mode the computer will not recognize. its weird

1. 2.0 ports
2. ive been trying the original LG cable and a motorola cable. no success
3. as for drivers. installed as of now are the LG verizon united driver 2.14.1 and LG united mobile driver 3.12.3.0
4. win 7 64 bit

Gabriel51

May 10, 2008
xda Texas
when i turn on my phone, and the LG logo is on the screen, my computer recognizes the phone, it will say LGE androidnet...but when i go to download mode the computer will not recognize. its weird

1. 2.0 ports
2. ive been trying the original LG cable and a motorola cable. no success
3. as for drivers. installed as of now are the LG verizon united driver 2.14.1 and LG united mobile driver 3.12.3.0
4. win 7 64 bit

That is weird
will it go into recovery?