[Q] Bluetooth headset buttons not responding

Search This thread

WheresTrent

Jul 17, 2012
I have a Verizon G3 but figure this forum gets more eyeballs, and perhaps this is a universal Bluetooth issue.

I use the LG Tone+ HBS-730 headset with my phone. If I go into a music app and start playing music through my headphones with the app, no problem. But, let's say I pause music for a while, or turn the headphones off for a bit. I turn the headphones back on, press the play button on the right side, and nothing happens. The headset is still on - I can long-press a button and get the double-beep, but my music won't play. Sometimes it does, but most of the time, it doesn't. I switched from the stock Music player to Rocket Player, which has proven to be a little more successful.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere, or is this a common BT occurrence? Control is through the AVRCP BT profile, I believe. I know on my G2 I'd sometimes lose control sync with my phone, where I couldn't skip or pause the track through my headphones. This new problem seems like a magnification of that problem.

Overall, I do find the BT performance a little worse than the G2. I get more audio drops when the phone is in my pocket, but this is when I'm outside and BT is not great outside in general.

Thanks everyone - I have five days to decide if I want to return this phone, between this and some signal problems. :mad:

Last edited:

droid_s2

Nov 5, 2012
bluetooth connects. calls ok. media plays on device.

I have a Verizon G3 but figure this forum gets more eyeballs, and perhaps this is a universal Bluetooth issue.

I use the LG Tone+ HBS-730 headset with my phone. If I go into a music app and start playing music through my headphones with the app, no problem. But, let's say I pause music for a while, or turn the headphones off for a bit. I turn the headphones back on, press the play button on the right side, and nothing happens. The headset is still on - I can long-press a button and get the double-beep, but my music won't play. Sometimes it does, but most of the time, it doesn't. I switched from the stock Music player to Rocket Player, which has proven to be a little more successful.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere, or is this a common BT occurrence? Control is through the AVRCP BT profile, I believe. I know on my G2 I'd sometimes lose control sync with my phone, where I couldn't skip or pause the track through my headphones. This new problem seems like a magnification of that problem.

Overall, I do find the BT performance a little worse than the G2. I get more audio drops when the phone is in my pocket, but this is when I'm outside and BT is not great outside in general.

Thanks everyone - I have five days to decide if I want to return this phone, between this and some signal problems. :mad:

I come from the philippines and i have the g3 also. my bluetooth connection was fine it connected to my car and headset but now it only receives calls but does not play music through my bluetooth headphones. when i press the play button on my headset it plays on the device itself. checked under bluetooth setting and call and media and audio was checked.

my device is rooted. i did a factory reset but the problem remains unfixed. please help. i have installed g3 tweaksbox but i dont see any mods that is related to music apps. i dont know what to do. i have considered unrooting and flashing stock rom.

Andehh

Mar 29, 2008
Also interested in this, as I have the same issue but my car.

Op, did you ever find a fix, or work around?

alan sh

Nov 2, 2007
Rochdale
OP

Do you have any other BT programs loaded? I had something similar when I had the Sony app and a Garmin app loaded. Both use BT to connect to their devices and they were interfering. I removed the Garmin one and my play/pause button started working again

Alan