[ROM] CyanogenMod-6.1.0-RC1 for Hero CDMA - V6.1.0-RC1 (10/28/2010)

Search This thread

darchstar

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2009
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * The CM team is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or anything whatsoever.
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! Send pull requests with your changes!

INSTRUCTIONS:
- First time flashing CM 6 (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=753910
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. Update your radio if necessary
4. WIPE
5. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

Latest version: 6.1.0-Heroc-RC1 - 10/28/2010 This is the same ROM as the RC1 on Cyanogenmod forums, I'm just updating the XDA post
Download: http://mirror.teamdouche.net/get/heroc/update-cm-6.1.0-RC1-Heroc-signed.zip
MD5Sum: 4fe84dc15b7f79831a6d315462ffe8fb

Google Addon: MDPI-20101020
Mirror: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/gapps-mdpi-20101020-signed.zip

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

If you need immediate help, the irc channel is usually the best place to get at the server is irc.fossnet.info #heroc , or go to the webchat: webirc.fossnet.info:9090 . you can also get at me on twitter: twitter.com/darchstar

Last edited:

PRGUY85

Jan 10, 2010
Usual question, do we need to wipe coming from latest nightly? Or just recommended?

mongoose8p

Jun 3, 2010
Chicago
Sorry I'm an Evo user just helping out my sibling, so sorry for an arrogant and probably stupid question but can I flash this directly over the following Vanilla rom?

[ROM] (UPDATED 13-AUG) FroYo 2.2 - CM6 Extremely Blue AND Vanilla (unthemed) Versions

Decad3nce

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2010
It's like an RC, with a 1 after it.

I jitted my pants.

smolck

Jun 4, 2010
I can't get me led to flash, just stats solid. Anyone else have that?

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

dpeeps74

Oct 28, 2009
Austin
It is a daily useable rom for me! Just put rc1 over 814. Hoping I can get away with no wipe! So far so good. Thanks darch and everyone else who helps make my phone awesome!

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
Sorry I'm an Evo user just helping out my sibling, so sorry for an arrogant and probably stupid question but can I flash this directly over the following Vanilla rom?

[ROM] (UPDATED 13-AUG) FroYo 2.2 - CM6 Extremely Blue AND Vanilla (unthemed) Versions

should be able as they loosely based off cm's source but i would probably wipe just to be on the safe side..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * The CM team is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or anything whatsoever.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! Send pull requests with your changes!

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 6 (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=753910
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Update your radio if necessary
    4. WIPE
    5. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

Latest version: 6.1.0-Heroc-RC1 - 10/28/2010 This is the same ROM as the RC1 on Cyanogenmod forums, I'm just updating the XDA post
    Download: http://mirror.teamdouche.net/get/heroc/update-cm-6.1.0-RC1-Heroc-signed.zip
    MD5Sum: 4fe84dc15b7f79831a6d315462ffe8fb

Google Addon: MDPI-20101020
    Mirror: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/gapps-mdpi-20101020-signed.zip

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

If you need immediate help, the irc channel is usually the best place to get at the server is irc.fossnet.info #heroc , or go to the webchat: webirc.fossnet.info:9090 . you can also get at me on twitter: twitter.com/darchstar
    pretty responsive rom so far, i still have to get used to it over 2.1. im going to test it through tomorrow. one annoying bug is the text lag..the message comes through before the notification sound plays.

i also modded the framework to give me a better, stronger signal level.
    is the mms issue fixed yet ? none of my friends on other carrier are getting my mms even though it says sent.
    Any sense rom, from what I understand.

Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Froyo-on-Hero action here!

I would do fresh 2.4.0, since its a native sprint sense rom

Sent from my hero running froyo... take that Sprint!
    Hey guys, was bored tonight so decided to do a full wipe coming from AOSP and wanted to test the CM6 since the final release, all went well other than reboot every 30 secs, did not load any apps, simply flashed the Rom and the Gapps, now I must say I flashed aospMod-gapps-mdpi-20101020-signed, I don't assume that would be the issue for the reboots, but I could be wrong, any suggestions :rolleyes:

Flash deca's capped 691 kernel, that should fix that issue :D