BBC Iplayer Working and how to, with files

Search This thread

nigelhealy

Aug 3, 2012
Preston
Get any version install then in play store go to ALL scroll down til you see and pick update. Once you done that then can save apk and share with others.

Once you installed it it shows in play store all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Been trying for about two days to get this working, was really annoying me that when i got the nexus 7, i could not use i player.

So here it is for the others that are having problems with it.

Install the two apk's attached.

If you have been trying to get it working with other versions of iplayer and flash, please go into app manager and clear the cache and data of these apps before opening them.

go to apps and launch i player and enjoy.

No need to use other browsers now.
    Simple indeed but The picture quality is a bit crud with this method _ if u install flash and Firefox or dolphin mini and set to desktop user agent you can just go to the iPlayer website and select and the stream adjusts to your bandwidth and you can view the HD streams too! You have to put up with the flakiness of flash in a browser but you can still watch in glorious techno vision.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Works great,but couldn't get dolphin to work with flash and Firefox isn't compatible,so I'm really grateful for this until we get an official app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
    Edited: I meant to say use the Firefox beta from play and then set request desktop - then go to normal iPlayer website.

So far is most stable way to get high quality viewing and HD options. HD stuff looks awesome - other versions just look poo in comparison.
    If u want to show someone iPlayer on N7 then the above is the easiest and best imo

Sent from my Nexus 7
    I have installed BBC iPlayer and flash player and cleared the data like you said but when I open BBC iplayer chrome opens up and says I ned to update flash. What should I do thank you

Funny thing that, im no expert here, but when i wiped the Nexus and re installed the i player and flash as i said above, i got the same thing. Perhaps someone with more knowledge could explain. But also i Rooted the device and set the dpi to 160 for tabley mode before i installed. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Works great,but couldn't get dolphin to work with flash and Firefox isn't compatible,so I'm really grateful for this until we get an official app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

I installed Firefox Beta from the play store, it works if before going to the iplayer site you set it to Desktop mode.