Sep 27, 2010
Kansas City
y8xEnMHC9sOtDcuSL3RUudg4MUpGFoMLBE6rG5bWCns=w186-h311-p-no
qBxVxu5CpTRtdsdB13M2LJmsckPl6Wjq2BPjCmgwKoM=w188-h311-p-no
CEVHTXfQs-2vdK68rlYg3vmsc0jVKIkvELwl78YiY2U=w188-h311-p-no

mEBsPYIKMv3_lDXdATveHwHd4rqYEX8HS9UQDt6gNTY=w186-h311-p-no
Sh6D9liy_ypvQSfG8SLqzT2_PKFilw6coaNL6-mOxxM=w188-h311-p-no
9w_n1LcYC90mYQFxTuGtc9-qkHsIIgCX7kGyiAOuUuU=w186-h311-p-no

An Android Jellybean 4.3 ROM, based on the sources of CyanogenMod10.2.

These are compiled from Source with Linaro 4.8.2 Toolchain and Cl3Kener's Diablo Kernel made for this ROM.

Donations go to DerTeufel1980 as Hellybean is his baby.

"Your warranty is now void. We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Collectively, and at the same time."

Differences to cm10.2:

- added the possibility to search for contacts by nick or company name (with dialpad T9, has to be activated at dialpad settings), cherry-picked from AOKP | possibility to activate and customize navigation bar (color of background, glow effect, transparency) | possibility to activate and customize naviring (buttons, targets, style, color, glow, transparency) | transparent lockscreen (taken from paranoid android, coded by jesus david) | possibility to customize Quick Tiles (color of background, transparency) | possibility to customize statusbar (color of background, transparency) | customizable long-press-back-kill timeout (from 500ms to 3000ms) | kill-all button at recents panel (ported from aokp) | ability to enable tablet_ui (ported from aokp) | edge swipe navigation (ported from sgt7) | Status bar clock position and color options | task manger button at recents panel | Added Halo (from ParanoidAndroid) | Active display from ChameleonOS | App sidebar from Chameleon OS | hardware keys rebinding options - added TheRealDarkSlim (TRDS) - possibility to enable Battery bar - Pie Dual layer color (from Slim) - GooManager and updater | facebook sync integrated | Optimus 4 Lockscreen | Widgets viewpager | Lockscreen styles | build.prop mods | Fastboot switch | Privacy Guard | Camera QT | Floating QT | QT Ribbon | Voice+ | Modded Trebuchet | cLock | Diablo Kernel @Cl3Kener | much more I am forgetting | more to come ..

4.3 BUGS
- You tell me?

Bug Reporting
Without a logcat of the error it is pointless, and I have no way to help.

4.3 Installation Instructions
1. Download ROM
2. Reboot into a 4.3 compatible recovery CWM 6037+ or TWRP2.6.0.3+
3. Please back up your ROM before you begin!
4. You need a full wipe.
5. Flash the ROM
6. Flash 4.3 Gapps
7. Reboot
8. Let it sit a while.
9. Reboot, setup and enjoy Hellybean!

YOU MUST USE A JELLYBEAN RADIO!

4.3 DOWNLOADS
recovery-6.0.4.4-I717.zip

Hellybean-20131101-quincyatt.zip

4.3 Gapps
gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

Old ROM's
Goo.im

Please No Mirrors
NOTE: GAPPS are not included, YOU NEED TO FLASH THEM SEPARATELY!

DIABLO KERNEL 2.7 Compiled in ROM

PLEASE USE TRICKSTER MOD TO CHANGE KERNEL SETTINGS.

(Other Kernel tuning apps may cause RRs and they do not allow you to use all of the features)

Diablo Kernel Features:
- Kernel version 3.0.101 - Compiled with LINARO 4.7.4
- I/O schedulers CFQ, BFQ, ROW, NOOP, DEADLINE, SIO, VR, and ZEN
- Governors Intellidemand, InteractiveX, Ondemandx, Lazy, Wheatley, Smartass, Badass, Lionheart, HYPER, Samsung and normal Stock options too.
- CPU OC - 1836 MHz
- GPU OC to 320 MHz for 3D & 266 MHz 2D
- MSM_Mpdecision (non-stock) - Showp1984
- Thermal - Showp1984 - Keeps your phone from overheating while Overclocked.
- Fsync Toggle - "Turn it off for better performance but be aware that you may encounter data loss if your phone crashes"
- USB Fast Charge
- Sweep2Wake
- Voltage Control
- Frandom Lag Reducer
- Smaller sized kernel due to XZ compression
- IO Boosters
- Frontswap Support
- Fixed Annoying Bluetooth Wakelock
- CD Rom Emulation - (Use DriveDroid or something similar)

Kernel Source

Changelogs
From www.hellybean.com

Release - 13.11.01
+ merge CM
+ Diablo 2.7

Release - 13.10.20
+ Linaro 4.7.4 Kernel 3.0.100
+ Linaro repo's for 4.3.1
+ cm merged

Release - 13.10.14
+ android 4.3.1
+ cm merged

Release - 13.10.12
+ Building from Official Repositories
+ cm merged

Release - 13.10.10
+ cm merge
- Active Display

Release - 13.10.04
+ cm merge
+ merged Halo app with PA
+ Diablo 2.5 Kernel

Release - 13.10.03
+ cm merge
+ cm Kernel
- Focal get from Playstore

Release - 13.09.24
- Initial Release

Special Thanks to:
DerTeufel1980
CyanogenMod Team
Team Chopsticks
cyanogen
mikeyman77
topprospect
Mr. X
roger_n
car vs driver
darchstar
dferg
Cl3Kener
scott.hart.bti
CyanKang
Finnq
Schubi
kennkanniff
Google
Samsung
your mama
XDA
Myself
everyone involved
Anyone I forgot.

Attachments

• recovery-6.0.4.4-i717.zip
    8 MB · Views: 825
Last edited:

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
i was the first post in Q&A and so I will take advantage and do it here too.

for a newcomer here, this has been as solid as anything else here. lots of KEWL bells and whistles.

stupid me tried to apply a theme to this and threw me into bootloop, the only way out was to flash something else. was a temporary fix though. gonna flash back tonight the newest.

updates through GOO.IM was a smart move Dude. seemless and super easy for the flasher/updater.

ThdDude

Sep 27, 2010
Kansas City
i was the first post in Q&A and so I will take advantage and do it here too.

for a newcomer here, this has been as solid as anything else here. lots of KEWL bells and whistles.

stupid me tried to apply a theme to this and threw me into bootloop, the only way out was to flash something else. was a temporary fix though. gonna flash back tonight the newest.

updates through GOO.IM was a smart move Dude. seemless and super easy for the flasher/updater.

if its a theme for 10.2 you should be ok.

erad1

Dec 3, 2010
MiamiBeach
OnePlus 6
I got next on this... Interesting that a new kernel is in our midst! Thanks ahead of time!

Sent from my SGH-I717 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC
Good to see it hit development thread... Gonna give it another shot by this weekend....... Worked 30 hrs in 2 days :(... Hopefully I get better results then last time... Maybe I won't throw mods all over it and run it as is.... Yeah that sounds about right.... Welcome thadude:beer:

2$HAYNE

Reactions: ThdDude

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012
Glad to see this here. Who all agrees? OUT PHONE SHALL NEVER DIEEE!!

Sent from my SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Beardedface

Beardedface

Nov 3, 2012
Thanks so much. I can't remember who said our devices dev is dead(either I read it here or g+). But they were wrong. Gonna give this a try. Ive heard a lot of good about this ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4

iakeco

Apr 1, 2010
Cambridge, MA
I didn't think there would be anything new coming to this old dog

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

_INSPIREed

?? I've installed almost every theme cm10+ and all have worked fine you are able to use a cm10 theme on cm10.2 ROM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Armyboy is right. The themes are backwards and forwards compatible. The only problem that should arise is sometimes certain portions of the theme will be missing if it was originally made for CM10 and your trying it on CM10.2 and vice versa.

ThdDude

Sep 27, 2010
Kansas City
I didn't think there would be anything new coming to this old dog

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Its actually a pretty old Rom @DerTeufel1980 has been working on this for a very long time, It is just such a great ROM that I have used on 3 devices, and I started compiling it for my Herc since it wasn't available, Flash addict and compile addict here :D. Your Hardware is basically the same as a Hercules T989 we share Kernel Repo's. And @Cl3Kener has been making really good Kernel's for the Hercules which he had no problem adapting to the variants. I decided to help and compile it for a few Devices so that more can enjoy this terrific ROM and Kernel.

But its a really good new addition to this dev area true. I do not have any of the device's I am compiling this for accept my herc but will do my best to help with any problems.

Last edited:

Mortal Eternity

Nov 23, 2012
Karachi
I have tried this rom on my Captivate way back... this is hell of a great rom.

Trying this on my note one... will post back if any thing hits me while testing it!

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
?? I've installed almost every theme cm10+ and all have worked fine you are able to use a cm10 theme on cm10.2 ROM

must have been my phone then. I applied the teal/orange theme for CM10. it changed, then went to reboot for full implementation and would not boot back. just kept looping boot up. it was late and didn't have time fiddle after 3 attempts. flashed a backup

Mr_Edwards

Feb 19, 2013
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't want to be a wet blanket but I'm having an issue with the gallery when I go to it the freezes and then shuts off I was trying to figure how how to send a log cat but I couldn't find developer options in the menu

ThdDude

Sep 27, 2010
Kansas City
I don't want to be a wet blanket but I'm having an issue with the gallery when I go to it the freezes and then shuts off I was trying to figure how how to send a log cat but I couldn't find developer options in the menu

You have to enable dev options by hitting about phone in settings I think 8 times. You most likely have something corrupt on your sd best fix I believe is back up everything you want to save and format the sd. Then reboot and take a few pictures and open gallery. Then copy your stuff back that you wanted to save. 4.3 is a little picky if you look google search 4.3 gallery crash, or look through other device dev forums allot of people have the gallery issue on 4.3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    y8xEnMHC9sOtDcuSL3RUudg4MUpGFoMLBE6rG5bWCns=w186-h311-p-no
    qBxVxu5CpTRtdsdB13M2LJmsckPl6Wjq2BPjCmgwKoM=w188-h311-p-no
    CEVHTXfQs-2vdK68rlYg3vmsc0jVKIkvELwl78YiY2U=w188-h311-p-no

mEBsPYIKMv3_lDXdATveHwHd4rqYEX8HS9UQDt6gNTY=w186-h311-p-no
    Sh6D9liy_ypvQSfG8SLqzT2_PKFilw6coaNL6-mOxxM=w188-h311-p-no
    9w_n1LcYC90mYQFxTuGtc9-qkHsIIgCX7kGyiAOuUuU=w186-h311-p-no

An Android Jellybean 4.3 ROM, based on the sources of CyanogenMod10.2.

These are compiled from Source with Linaro 4.8.2 Toolchain and Cl3Kener's Diablo Kernel made for this ROM.

Donations go to DerTeufel1980 as Hellybean is his baby.

"Your warranty is now void. We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Collectively, and at the same time."

Differences to cm10.2:

- added the possibility to search for contacts by nick or company name (with dialpad T9, has to be activated at dialpad settings), cherry-picked from AOKP | possibility to activate and customize navigation bar (color of background, glow effect, transparency) | possibility to activate and customize naviring (buttons, targets, style, color, glow, transparency) | transparent lockscreen (taken from paranoid android, coded by jesus david) | possibility to customize Quick Tiles (color of background, transparency) | possibility to customize statusbar (color of background, transparency) | customizable long-press-back-kill timeout (from 500ms to 3000ms) | kill-all button at recents panel (ported from aokp) | ability to enable tablet_ui (ported from aokp) | edge swipe navigation (ported from sgt7) | Status bar clock position and color options | task manger button at recents panel | Added Halo (from ParanoidAndroid) | Active display from ChameleonOS | App sidebar from Chameleon OS | hardware keys rebinding options - added TheRealDarkSlim (TRDS) - possibility to enable Battery bar - Pie Dual layer color (from Slim) - GooManager and updater | facebook sync integrated | Optimus 4 Lockscreen | Widgets viewpager | Lockscreen styles | build.prop mods | Fastboot switch | Privacy Guard | Camera QT | Floating QT | QT Ribbon | Voice+ | Modded Trebuchet | cLock | Diablo Kernel @Cl3Kener | much more I am forgetting | more to come ..

4.3 BUGS
    - You tell me?

Bug Reporting
    Without a logcat of the error it is pointless, and I have no way to help.

4.3 Installation Instructions
    1. Download ROM
    2. Reboot into a 4.3 compatible recovery CWM 6037+ or TWRP2.6.0.3+
    3. Please back up your ROM before you begin!
    4. You need a full wipe.
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Flash 4.3 Gapps
    7. Reboot
    8. Let it sit a while.
    9. Reboot, setup and enjoy Hellybean!

YOU MUST USE A JELLYBEAN RADIO!

4.3 DOWNLOADS
    recovery-6.0.4.4-I717.zip

Hellybean-20131101-quincyatt.zip

4.3 Gapps
    gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

Old ROM's
    Goo.im

Please No Mirrors
    NOTE: GAPPS are not included, YOU NEED TO FLASH THEM SEPARATELY!

DIABLO KERNEL 2.7 Compiled in ROM

PLEASE USE TRICKSTER MOD TO CHANGE KERNEL SETTINGS.

(Other Kernel tuning apps may cause RRs and they do not allow you to use all of the features)

Diablo Kernel Features:
    - Kernel version 3.0.101 - Compiled with LINARO 4.7.4
    - I/O schedulers CFQ, BFQ, ROW, NOOP, DEADLINE, SIO, VR, and ZEN
    - Governors Intellidemand, InteractiveX, Ondemandx, Lazy, Wheatley, Smartass, Badass, Lionheart, HYPER, Samsung and normal Stock options too.
    - CPU OC - 1836 MHz
    - GPU OC to 320 MHz for 3D & 266 MHz 2D
    - MSM_Mpdecision (non-stock) - Showp1984
    - Thermal - Showp1984 - Keeps your phone from overheating while Overclocked.
    - Fsync Toggle - "Turn it off for better performance but be aware that you may encounter data loss if your phone crashes"
    - USB Fast Charge
    - Sweep2Wake
    - Voltage Control
    - Frandom Lag Reducer
    - Smaller sized kernel due to XZ compression
    - IO Boosters
    - Frontswap Support
    - Fixed Annoying Bluetooth Wakelock
    - CD Rom Emulation - (Use DriveDroid or something similar)

Kernel Source

Changelogs
    From www.hellybean.com

Release - 13.11.01
    + merge CM
    + Diablo 2.7

Release - 13.10.20
    + Linaro 4.7.4 Kernel 3.0.100
    + Linaro repo's for 4.3.1
    + cm merged

Release - 13.10.14
    + android 4.3.1
    + cm merged

Release - 13.10.12
    + Building from Official Repositories
    + cm merged

Release - 13.10.10
    + cm merge
    - Active Display

Release - 13.10.04
    + cm merge
    + merged Halo app with PA
    + Diablo 2.5 Kernel

Release - 13.10.03
    + cm merge
    + cm Kernel
    - Focal get from Playstore

Release - 13.09.24
    - Initial Release

Special Thanks to:
    DerTeufel1980
    CyanogenMod Team
    Team Chopsticks
    cyanogen
    mikeyman77
    topprospect
    Mr. X
    roger_n
    car vs driver
    darchstar
    dferg
    Cl3Kener
    scott.hart.bti
    CyanKang
    Finnq
    Schubi
    kennkanniff
    Google
    Samsung
    your mama
    XDA
    Myself
    everyone involved
    Anyone I forgot.

Dam lol still isn't working here. Still my favorite ROM by far lol

Edit. Alright its working now !!! Hopefully it stays working !!! Dude this ROM is beast

I bought a refurb Note yesterday and told myself the same old lie "Maybe I will leave it stock" That lasted less than a day I flashed this Rom early this morning and have had no problems at all

Awesome...!

Working on new builds tonight. Everything has been updated basically cm merged DerTeufel has done alot of changes in Active display. Not going to have time to do change logs. You can look at github at recent activity and see for yourself then look at cm10.2 changelog as of today. More updates to Kernel its Diablo 2.4 now. Anyway I am glad you all are enjoying it. Makes it worth while to compile:good:
    The build I just started uploading is merged with CM, DerTeufel removed Active display for now, it seems to be causing some issues. Not to say that it wont be back or anything. But anyway this build has been very stable for the hercules. Also Kernel is up to 3.0.99 thanks to Cl3Kener.
    Any significant changes in 10/12?

Not building off forked repo's as of this build. @DerTeufel1980 made a group on github. So as of this build I am using Official Repositories and not my forks, And its merged up with CM as usual.
    New build is up with more Linaro love.

Huge images always nice to hide for people lol
    Screenshot_2013-10-20-09-36-42.png
    2013-10-19
    Screenshot_2013-10-20-10-02-17.png
    Not really tweaked Halo and PIE both on data sync etc.