[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Qcom Intl Galaxy S4 (jflte)

Search This thread

simonbigwave

Nov 25, 2013
Rahasia
826 nightly IR remote, wifi all ok so far. but next nightly seems alot of commits/changelog coming ...http://www.cmxlog.com/11/jflte

edit: 826 nightly, viber incall when phone asleep, i got black screen w/ringing sound but cannot answer call (screen black). for me didn't happen last few nighlies.

Last edited:

Dathaeus

Nov 26, 2011
Why bother removing the apk files from the zip? It's not like the /system partition is short on space, and the unused space can't easily be used for anything else. It'll also save you some manual work with every update.

If there are apps that you think could be adding unnecessarily adding to memory usage, you can freeze them. The apps won't be able to run, won't take up any memory, and the freeze should persist across update flashes.

In my SD0 I seem to have over 2GB of old apk/gz files and thinking of deleting them because I was running out of space, since there is no apps2sd for this. Especially for the old gz files, I cant seem to find any downside to removing them, like how I dont keep the install exe's in my pc... am I missing something?

v00d007

Feb 28, 2014
oh, man.... will they ever, ever fix this damn time reset bug? Can't be sooo hard... :eek:

v20140826

(Expl.: After clean install time setting resets to sometimes pretty weird set after every (re)boot - often at least for one day)

s3icc0

Mar 25, 2011
In my SD0 I seem to have over 2GB of old apk/gz files and thinking of deleting them because I was running out of space, since there is no apps2sd for this. Especially for the old gz files, I cant seem to find any downside to removing them, like how I dont keep the install exe's in my pc... am I missing something?

Try SD Maid app from play store

ZordanKV

Sep 21, 2012
Belgrade
about.me
oh, man.... will they ever, ever fix this damn time reset bug? Can't be sooo hard... :eek:

v20140826

(Expl.: After clean install time setting resets to sometimes pretty weird set after every (re)boot - often at least for one day)

I think this is recovery bug. Had it for a long time and last month managed to get rid of that annoying thing. :) I think it was full wipe that helped (when I say full, I mean sdcard, ext_sdcard, system, data... so FULL) and then installing recovery and ROM.

jumpers

Nov 11, 2010
Charleroi
Why bother removing the apk files from the zip? It's not like the /system partition is short on space, and the unused space can't easily be used for anything else. It'll also save you some manual work with every update.

If there are apps that you think could be adding unnecessarily adding to memory usage, you can freeze them. The apps won't be able to run, won't take up any memory, and the freeze should persist across update flashes.

i do the same, not specialy for space, but, there is a lot of apps that i not use, or i use a better solution, useless space used, and certainly a useless service that's run in background, useless battery usage, useless ram usage. ^^

viperdriver2000

Apr 12, 2012
Berlin
hi,
I switched from m9 snapshot on the current nightly.
since then I have the problem that I have "no service". when I go to the flight mode and back it works a few minutes.

I have tested all nightlies since 21.8 :(

I'm from Germany and I have Vodafone as a provider.
Can anyone help me?

thx vip

a103

Aug 12, 2010
hi,
I switched from m9 snapshot on the current nightly.
since then I have the problem that I have "no service". when I go to the flight mode and back it works a few minutes.

I have tested all nightlies since 21.8 :(

I'm from Germany and I have Vodafone as a provider.
Can anyone help me?

thx vip
Best thing is to restore your M9 nandroid back up [emoji6] I'm sure they'll iron out all the issues before the next snapshot.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

v00d007

Feb 28, 2014
I think this is recovery bug. Had it for a long time and last month managed to get rid of that annoying thing. :) I think it was full wipe that helped (when I say full, I mean sdcard, ext_sdcard, system, data... so FULL) and then installing recovery and ROM.

No no, because i NEVER got this bug with a samsung rom it's got to be that cm isn't able to really punch time set through to the hardware system clock - while i.e. "clocksync" can with root permission....

So many users cried so many times about that annoying issue here at xda. When, oh when will it be finally solved?

snakecharmer23

Oct 1, 2007
No no, because i NEVER got this bug with a samsung rom it's got to be that cm isn't able to really punch time set through to the hardware system clock - while i.e. "clocksync" can with root permission....

So many users cried so many times about that annoying issue here at xda. When, oh when will it be finally solved?

I'm pretty sure the GS4 does not have an internal hardware clock. It always gets the time and date from the network, on every boot. TWRP acknowledges this (recovery has no network connectivity).
See device specific issues:
http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/191

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Not sure if it is specific to 5ghz but WiFi has been acting up for me on my 5ghz network at home. Drops and today it was stuck on that network even after I left home until I restarted wifi. I'll update from 08/23 today or tomorrow but I didn't see any WiFi related commits since.

I have always had inconsistent behavior with 5GHz networks on small devices (smartphones, tablets). 5GHz does not have the same signal penetration as 2.4 GHz so only devices with bigger antennas get a solid connection. Laptops are OK because they have big antennas built into their display bezels. I always stick to 2.4 GHz for my android devices devices.

Last edited:

v00d007

Feb 28, 2014
I'm pretty sure the GS4 does not have an internal hardware clock. It always gets the time and date from the network, on every boot. ...

no, that's not true. If you boot up there IS time already there WITHOUT beeing on mobile data. It corrects time on data connection only (afterwards). So where do you think this offline time is coming from?? It's from the system clock that runs all the time even when powered off of course...

ZordanKV

Sep 21, 2012
Belgrade
about.me

How is it possible that I don't have that bug now? :) If you have time and will try what I suggested you :p

nommy

Dec 10, 2010
near Hamburg

...and me and many others NEVER had this issue on cm. So this is definitely no cm-bug. It must be either related to a failure in your hardware (ie. the capacitor that powers your internal clock) or you have a buggy installation of your ROM or recovery.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

HetsHumbucker

Nov 5, 2012
On 26/8 nightly when I'm in 3g network mode I will always loose signal for a few seconds whenever I switch on screen. On 2g that doesn't happen.

Also: which state has smart remote to be in to work on this nightly? "Fixed" or not "not-fixed"?

v00d007

Feb 28, 2014
...and me and many others NEVER had this issue on cm. So this is definitely no cm-bug. It must be either related to a failure in your hardware (ie. the capacitor that powers your internal clock) or you have a buggy installation of your ROM or recovery.

I had exact the same issue with S4 mini...what proves you wrong. I think it's also got something to do with the installed modem version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.4 (Kitkat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Install a compatible Recovery
    3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Useful Links

Other Issues?
    Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    • Make sure you have the LATEST version of ClockworkMod recovery. Other recoveries may work but will not be supported by CyanogenMod
    • You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    • If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    • Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    • LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS50b3J0ZWwuc3lzbG9nIl0

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Unified Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=jflte&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Qualcomm Intl Galaxy S4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    invisiblek

Version Information

Created 2013-12-07
    Last Updated 2014-06-23
    I want to request to become the new maintainer but still don't know how, who I should contact...
    @invisiblek can you give me some straight?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505
    I'm confident we have a winner here.
    All changes have been pushed.
    Next nightly will have the goods.
    Thanks for all the help testing everyone!
    @invisiblek,
    I wonder if currently the developer or rom mainteiner for S4 need people to test the nightly to report about the random reboots issue or sending logs or they know already the basic information to investigate. I suppose should be possible to indentify which day the issue has started and which commit is the "guilty". Just to know. Sorry if I miss some information on this thread.
    Thanks

If anyone can give me a consistent way to reproduce it, that's about the best information I can hope for right now. The reboots are so random and spaced apart that anything we try to do to fix it, can't be proven right or wrong for at minimum a day. This, as you can imagine, is incredibly time-consuming.

Little background. It's not just a matter of reverting one commit, this particular issue is a side effect of the new kernel base we switched to shortly after the M9 release. We had two reboot bugs (at the time we thought only one). We fixed one (the one that was reproducable within 10-15 minutes), and didn't have reboots for a day or two and said "ok, shipit!". Later we learned we had this other one and its quite a bit tougher to nail down, because we can't make it happen very often. Logs are all the same, its always failing at the same spot, so none of that's really of much help to us.

Rest assured its being worked on. I have some ideas too, but as I said testing is slow because of the nature of this bug.

If you want it stable, stick the M9 (or whatever nightly people are saying works).