[SKIN SMS][06 Feb 10 UPDATE!]Beautify your standard WM SMS Thread! [All Res][WM6.1+]

Search This thread

Nullstring

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
Something for Android fans and thanks to forgot his name x| for his starter theme.

HTC Amaze 4G Bubble Messages theme.
- Works on VGA and Portrait mode, not sure about other resolutions
---- am still fixing the landscape mode.
- Used in Windows Mobile 6.5.5 build 28244 so if you want to use this, make sure to backup the original files first in case something went wrong

screenshot
WMStandardMessaging.jpg

point of interest
Title Bar Size
- if working on 192 dpi, make sure you convert to convert 192dpi values to 96dpi
-- formula: 96dpi to 192dpi (i x current_dpi) / 96
-- formula: 192dpi to 96dpi (i x 96) / current_dpi

download file below

Last edited:
Reactions: ezzie

bgtvfr

Aug 22, 2008
Santa Fe NM
here's some more i did for wm standard tmo dash should work

I AM NO LONGER WITH WINDOWS MOBILE IF AN ONE NEED HELP WIT ANY OF MY THREADS I WOULD LIKE TO HAND THEM OVER TO ANY ONE WHO HAS THE EXPERTISE an WISHES HELP OTHER THANK

This thread is dedicated to sms themes/skins if you got any please post screen shots and download link/attachment

("EVERYTHING UPDATE INTO ONE ZIP FILE IM SURE EVERYTHING WRITTEN DOWN IF NOT JUST ASK IF U NEED HELP..IF ALL FILES ARE NOT IN MEGA PACK VISIT 4SHARED )

NEW IFRAME RED AND WHITE: INSTALL RESTART AND UR DONE LOOK
BELOW TO FIND OUT HOW TO CHANGE COLORS

Green and Grey SMS theme:INSTALL REBOOT UR DONE

RED&BLUE sms theme/skin:INSTALL REBOOT UR DONE

Black & Blue whit white txt:INSTALL RESTART

Flat Green&Grey sms them/skin: EDIT: (fixed) the reason it dint work cuz i put the wrong files in.. (UPDATED)\

Green & Grey with title bar: INSTALL restart) title bar show until u get msg to view press up till u see it scrolling not working but just hold up and it will go

Iframe with Background: to work install image 3VObgr.png put in \windows image must be 1000x240 restart and your done(IN PROGRESS)
UPDATE TO HAVE THE IMAGE REPEAT IT SELF OPEN YOUR I FRAME AND REMOVE (NO-) AND LEAVE REPEAT TO HAVE YOUR BACKGROUND HAVE TILE LOOK REMOVE (NO-REPEAT) THIS CAN BE FOUND ON THE BODY THREAD AFTER URL//\WINDOWS\3VObgr.PNG ) NO-REPEAT

sms revert to original: just install and reboot

(to change the color of any or these bubbles open up photo shop or any photo editor and lock the transparency and paint away)

Dermann iframe Two Color Txt: INSTALL an restart

Code:
TO CHANGE UNREAD FONT COLOR ON DERMANN IFRAME FIND... 
div.read. div.unread{font-siz:10%!important;
display"block !important;
color: #[COLOR="Red"]000[/COLOR];<---------change value
font-weight: normal;
background; none;
margin-bottom; 7px !important;
JUST CHANGE 000 TO DESIRED COLOR

Code:
to change dermann iframe txt colors edit these values
a.in+div.read {
	color: #[COLOR="Red"]00f[/COLOR] !important;<---------change value
}
a.out+div.read {
	color: #[COLOR="Red"]000[/COLOR] !important;<---------change value

EDIT: i was trying to make sum animated bubble but as i found out it dosent work
im gonna be focusing on different colors and patterns
im sticking with the flat & round shape of bubbles cuz others dont look right

MEGA PACK:
BLACK AND BLUE
TWO COLOR I FRAME
RED AMD WHITE NEW
IFRAME 3VObgr
GREEN AND GRAY FLAT
GREEN AND GRAY WIT TITLE BAR
green&grey theme/skin
red&blue theme/skin
green&grey flat theme/skin
black&blue flat theme/skin
blue txt
green txt
red txt
white txt
yellow txt
sms revert to originaL

11.png
21.png
9Screen1.png
1screen1.png
Screen0021.png
11-1.png
Screen0021-1.png

yes i did use sum from here...

with these you may or may not be able to use the iframe for diff style backgrounds..... hope this helps

Vladimirus

Sep 24, 2010
Something for Android fans and thanks to forgot his name x| for his starter theme.

- Used in Windows Mobile 6.5.5 build 28244 so if you want to use this, make sure to backup the original files first in case something went wrong

screenshot
WMStandardMessaging.jpg

point of interest
Title Bar Size
- if working on 192 dpi, make sure you convert to convert 192dpi values to 96dpi

download file below
Can this be used in WM 6.5 or is it only for 6.5.5?

Vladimirus

Sep 24, 2010
I have not yet updated that theme to work on WM6.5/.x

but watch this thread I might update that theme soon
The HTC Amaze 4G Bubble Messages theme will work in wm 6.5 but I lose the date and time info. It's there, but out of view as it is above the "papered" in/out so I don't see it. I saw a glimpse of it once so that is how I know it's there. Just too high up above the body of the text. I don't know what to change in the css files because I don't know what the info there means or what it relates to.

Digistras

Dec 30, 2010
Confusing SMS Date [AND,OR] Time Stamp on WM 6.1 and 6.5 ONLY (Not 6.5.x)

Hi all,

1st of all, sorry for bringing this thread up again. I need help on a question which although it was asked a couple of times before in this thread, however, no one have actually gave a straight or exact answer to that question. It is also worth to note that after reading through 95 pages and 945 replies of this thread, I really hope to get some enlightment on the issue at hand. Also, be fore-warned that this is going to be a long question/reply to this thread and I do apologize for that as it is vital to give as much information as possible...no matter how simple problem might be.

Before I proceed with my question, it is good to know which phone and Windows Mobile version that I'm currently using so that you guys can help me better.

Phone Brand and Model: HTC Touch 2

ROM: Stock or Original HTC Released ROM (RUU_Mega_hTC_Asia_SEA_WWE_1.37.728.3_Radio_Signed_61.55t.25.38_3.54.25.25_Ship.exe)

Windows Mobile Version: 6.5

Plugin: All Disabled (HTC Sense, HTC Messaging etc.. all disabled)

SMS Skin downloaded and installed: Uppy's iPhone Skin for WM 6.5 (Ported over from Mintishhippo iPhone Skin)

I have downloaded and installed the iPhone skin from Uppy and I must say that I'm very impressed by the skin which is exactly what I want. However, there is still one problem that bugs me.

1. The threaded SMS seems to display the TIME ONLY for those message sent and recieved on the same day

and

2. DATE ONLY for those that are sent and recieved on different days. I'll follow up with some illustrations for you guys to get a better picture. All timestamps stated below are GMT +8.

ROM Version:

screen01j.jpg

Date and Time set on WM6.5 to 24 Febuary 2012, 11.10pm:

screen02edited.jpg

Test SMS for Sent and Received on 24 Febuary 2012 (with Uppy's iPhone SMS Skin installed):

screen03edited.jpg

Date and Time set on WM6.5 to 25 Febuary 2012, 11.33PM:

screen04edited.jpg

Test SMS for Sent and Received on 25 Febuary 2012

screen05edited.jpg

As you can see from the screenshots that I have provided, is clearly stated that any messages sent and recieved on the same day will only show the time while any messages sent and recieved on different days will only show the date.

I've went through files like thread_sms.htm, thread_style.css and iframe_style.css but could not anything with regards to display of date or time for SMS. I have also went through other apps for WM6.5 but those are really not as close as compared to SMS Skin. I saw that it is possible on WM6.5.x like as shown in the screenshot below:

22547495.png

So is there really any way that I can get WM6.5 to display the time AND date for all SMS no matter which day it was recieved or sent on?

Could it be just a simple editing of the registry or a patch? Anyone who knows how to make it possible?

P.S I know that upgrading to WM6.5.x would be the best solution possible but I would like to stick to WM6.5 as much possible due to something about 6.5.x that I don't really like.

Digistras

Dec 30, 2010
Hi all,

1st of all, sorry for bringing this thread up again. I need help on a question which although it was asked a couple of times before in this thread, however, no one have actually gave a straight or exact answer to that question. It is also worth to note that after reading through all pages and all replies of this thread, I really hope to get some enlightment on the issue at hand. Also, be fore-warned that this is going to be a long question/reply to this thread and I do apologize for that as it is vital to give as much information as possible...no matter how simple problem might be.

Before I proceed with my question, it is good to know which phone and Windows Mobile version that I'm currently using so that you guys can help me better.

ROM: Stock or Original HTC Released ROM (RUU_Mega_hTC_Asia_SEA_WWE_1.37.728.3_Radio_Signed_61.55t.25.38_3.54.25.25_Ship.exe)

SMS Skin downloaded and installed: Uppy's iPhone Skin for WM 6.5 (Ported over from Mintishhippo iPhone Skin)

I have downloaded and installed the iPhone skin from Uppy and I must say that I'm very impressed by the skin which is exactly what I want. However, there is still one problem that bugs me.

1. The threaded SMS seems to display the TIME ONLY for those message sent and recieved on the same day

and

2. DATE ONLY for those that are sent and recieved on different days. I'll follow up with some illustrations for you guys to get a better picture. All timestamps stated below are GMT +8.

ROM Version:

screen01j.jpg

screen02edited.jpg

Test SMS for Sent and Received on 24 Febuary 2012 (with Uppy's iPhone SMS Skin installed):

screen03edited.jpg

screen04edited.jpg

screen05edited.jpg

As you can see from the screenshots that I have provided, is clearly stated that any messages sent and recieved on the same day will only show the time while any messages sent and recieved on different days will only show the date.

I've went through files like thread_sms.htm, thread_style.css and iframe_style.css but could not anything with regards to display of date or time for SMS. I have also went through other apps for WM6.5 but those are really not as close as compared to SMS Skin. I saw that it is possible on WM6.5.x like as shown in the screenshot below:

22547495.png

So is there really any way that I can get WM6.5 to display the time AND date for all SMS no matter which day it was recieved or sent on?

Could it be just a simple editing of the registry or a patch? Anyone who knows how to make it possible?

P.S I know that upgrading to WM6.5.x would be the best solution possible but I would like to stick to WM6.5 as much possible due to something about 6.5.x that I don't really like.

Bump for today!

Last edited:

Digistras

Dec 30, 2010
Bump for today!

Hi all,

1st of all, sorry for bringing this thread up again. I need help on a question which although it was asked a couple of times before in this thread, however, no one have actually gave a straight or exact answer to that question. It is also worth to note that after reading through 95 pages and 945 replies of this thread, I really hope to get some enlightment on the issue at hand. Also, be fore-warned that this is going to be a long question/reply to this thread and I do apologize for that as it is vital to give as much information as possible...no matter how simple problem might be.

and

ROM Version:

screen01j.jpg

screen02edited.jpg

screen03edited.jpg

screen04edited.jpg

screen05edited.jpg

22547495.png

Bump for today!

kira993

Apr 25, 2011
Need links

Sorry for bumping such old thread, but i hoped that someone can upload again skins for 6.5.x winmo, or tell me where can i dl it, as i dont see it on first page like it says
thanks in advance :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    does it work on wm6.5 builds with start button on top? (build 21889)

now i have wm6.5 build 21889 and my standart sms looks different than in first post screenshot.
    for those interested here are cabs of maherladsak final version
    Its been almost a month since i check this thread as i am busy for my new job. Anyway, i had this thread before. It loads much much faster as it is not using any images. instead, all plain css codes. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=846891

I attached also new codes which has boarders. You can always play with the codes to suit your theme. A simple tutorial is explained in that thread. BTW, Sorry, i dont know how to cab files.

screenshot
    WMStandardMessaging.jpg

point of interest
    Title Bar Size

download file below