[KERNEL] [2.6.32.24] [HAVS] [BATTFIX] [BFS] [OC] [UV] KiNgxKernel #5/#5 "Falling Up"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

pd240

Aug 9, 2010
So far the battery life looks to be improved. I didn't get the typical drop from 100% to 90% within the first half hour off the charger. Overclocked I am getting 37 linpack scores on the 8/1 leaked 2.2. Great kernel so far!

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

ncwildcat

Feb 2, 2009
Didn't seem to work on Frankenrom - couldn't get above 998 with setCPU, and also lost 3g. Nandroid back to 1.15 hydra #1 and all is well

jayhammy

Aug 20, 2010
Schenectady, NY
Download an app from the market that allows you to overclock.
Most people here use Setcpu. When I used to overclock.. I used OverClock Widget.

Just go to the market and download one of those two apps.

I tried SetCPU but it kept telling me that I wasn't rooted and that my apps weren't given root access. Very strange. I emailed the developer because I'm definitely rooted and using Skyraider's Froyo ROM!

gbenj

Feb 4, 2008
I dont want to overclock, but want to try the new kernel...

Just to be sure:

1)I wont be overclocking unless I tell setCPU to do so right?
- I have it set at 998 as a default max speed, and lower max speeds depending on screen off and battery/temp conditions.

2) Is that worthwhile in this kernel? or should I just let it work on its own?

3) Will it still be worthwhile for me to use this kernel if Im just going to use it at stock speed and lower?

MrDanger

Nov 10, 2009
Starkville, MS
I tried SetCPU but it kept telling me that I wasn't rooted and that my apps weren't given root access. Very strange. I emailed the developer because I'm definitely rooted and using Skyraider's Froyo ROM!

Hmm.. I can't help you there. Never used SetCpu.

Try OC Widget and see if that gives you the same type of error.

@gbenj: I am running this kernel w/o oc'ing and it's running fine. I am running it because I want to test it's battery saving features.

This kernel does not ONLY overclock. That is just one of it's features.

I believe...

Last edited:

gbenj

Feb 4, 2008
@gbenj: I am running this kernel w/o oc'ing and it's running fine. I am running it because I want to test it's battery saving features.

This kernel does not ONLY overclock. That is just one of it's features.

I believe...

k cool, thanks.

So are there any other modifications we should make to help with the battery saving?

Thats what I'm interested in also.

And to see if theres any chance this kernel fixes the charging problem that has shown up since froyo came along.

borgey420

Mar 30, 2010
yeah, i will stick with hydra...........nothing against the OP, but i will wait it out until these are proven to be stable. it's just hard to flash a kernel onto my phone that someone made who does not have the phone themselves. but, i hope they are good & stable because we need more choices in the kernel section.

Last edited:

luniz7

Feb 23, 2010
Aurora, CO
Not working on cm6 rc3

Boots but then the touchscreen is not functional

Also I'm not seeing your incredible kernel source on github either

http://github.com/kingklick

Sent from my Incredible using XDA App

ihyln

Dec 29, 2009
Been using this for several hours now and the battery life is a HUGE improvement. I'm very happy with the phone now!

Status
Not open for further replies.