Battery life - extended batteries

Search This thread

Ihaveatattoo

Jun 10, 2010
Hey!

On my phone i have about 6 hours of battery life, moderate use. Light use i get about 8-9 hours. Is that normal or is my battery getting old?

Have anyone tried those 'extended' batteries? Those who are same size as the original but just have e.g. 1600 mAh instead of 1230. mAh.

tommy2601

Oct 9, 2011
Have a look in the accessories section there are lots of threads related to exteded batterys...

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Super-Veloce

Jan 6, 2011
Amsterdam
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hey!

On my phone i have about 6 hours of battery life, moderate use. Light use i get about 8-9 hours. Is that normal or is my battery getting old?

Have anyone tried those 'extended' batteries? Those who are same size as the original but just have e.g. 1600 mAh instead of 1230. mAh.

I had one with 1600mAh for 12euro or something haha, but it just had 1250mAh or something.. no improvement

6 hours and light use 8-9 hours?? I can easy get double.. and I use my phone for whatsapp, facebook, twitter, internet, foto's, calling.. I can get 36 hours with light use, stock battery

running custom rom ;)

Last edited:

Zebede

Jan 27, 2011
Battery life

I get power use of 1% per hour on standby using Revolution ROM with an app called Tasker controlling my data connection switching on for 3 minutes every 4 hours to update weather, news, Facebook, Twitter, email etc.

Using the phone for browsing, gps uses power much more quickly but I can easily get 2 full days of use between charges. It's all about good management of apps and data connectivity.

Try an app called Juice Plotter to monitor your battery use over time. Together with detailed battery use details in "menu / settings / about phone /battery / battery use", you'll find out what's using the power.

Ihaveatattoo

Jun 10, 2010
Thanks, i'll try those apps!

BTW, how can you get double the battery life i have, do you turn of 3G?

Dlog

Dec 30, 2011
I get power use of 1% per hour on standby using Revolution ROM with an app called Tasker controlling my data connection switching on for 3 minutes every 4 hours to update weather, news, Facebook, Twitter, email etc.

But what do you do if you are using whatsapp? Imagine your boyfriend/girlfriend standing outside, texting you via whatsapp and then waiting....and you get the text 4 hours later!
Sound really great^^

About Tasker:
Use Llama instead....it does the same and is free!

About those 1% per hour:
I get roughly 0.5% per hour in standby just by using wifi. When i'm home or at work, wifi is always on and that let's my 2G modem go into standby and save me a lot of juice (3G battery drain is much worst than 2G on my carrier)

If i'm not near a wifi hotspot or private network i can connect to, my phone automagically uses EDGE (2G Data). Llama activates it for me, so i don't have to worry about (de-)activating mobile data or wifi.

All in all i get two days out of the standard 1230mAh battery with around 20% screen on time and 70% wifi on time.

ltkort

Mar 16, 2012
Bussum
I use FTL Launcher instead of the normal HTC Sense, this keeps my battery up for a few more hours. you can also try different launchers. It works