Suggestions Please

Search This thread

Mrktmind

Sep 18, 2009
Dayton, Ohio
Bought one of these a week ago and just now have time to get it set up. Want to try to use it as a desktop/laptop replacement for most things. I set up my desktop's a certain way and would like to try to do something at least similar on the tablet.

On my desktops I sandbox my browser inside a VMware virtual machine. I then set VMWare to start from a clean back-up disk image each time it starts. This means that I'm 100% sure that ANYTHING I pick up while using the virtual machine (viruses, tracking cookies, browser history, malware payloads, etc.) is erased each time I shut down. It also means anything good I pick up is erased too but I use Firefox sync to ensure bookmarks stay and I d/l to main HD instead of virtual HD. Since you can set VM virtual machines to have their own IP on the network I also shut down internet access to the real machine.

Is there a way I could do something similar on my tablet? I guess I could just restore from TWRP everyday? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Last edited:

tdrager

Dec 14, 2005
Pottstown
Laptop replacement

I am already using it for a laptop replacement. Wheather do you use it natively or with VMware, I'm sure it will be to your satisfaction. It is not perfect because it does not have hardware keys and has many other issues, however I do love the S Pen functionality, which acts like a mouse.