[ROM][PORT] CM, MokeeOS, BeanStalk & BlueLighting

Search This thread

Lihis

Oct 10, 2013
lihis.net
1 problem..
When the screen is off, the red LED flashes continuously. But when the screen is switched on, the indicator stops flashing. When the screen is off, the phone does not go to deepsleep. What is it?

UPD.
Pocket mod. All good )) I turn off this mod.

Oh, I have forgot that.. I made some quick research, it's proximity sensor which is blinking. Disabling "Pocket mode" should get rid off the blinking and save battery. Good you found solution by yourself :)

Reactions: Askael

desalesouche

Feb 6, 2012
Should I port the other one too then? Which one got better feedback?
i didn't had a lot of feed back about aosb may be because i said that aosb was not really stable... anyways i will upload a new aosb build more stable and will port it directly to u8800pro...
so you will just have to add link and let users decide...
i noticed that with same device tree base, roms are acting differently....
mokee was a good surprise, animerom also, but also that last one Dirty-unicorn...i might be on the way to find why and where is the problem with liquid /gummyrom/and cyanhacker rom...
they all have same problem...if i can fix it, we might have the chance to get 3 more kk flavours...

Reactions: Lihis and Askael

Askael

Nov 4, 2011
Samara
i didn't had a lot of feed back about aosb may be because i said that aosb was not really stable... anyways i will upload a new aosb build more stable and will port it directly to u8800pro...
so you will just have to add link and let users decide...
i noticed that with same device tree base, roms are acting differently....
mokee was a good surprise, animerom also, but also that last one Dirty-unicorn...i might be on the way to find why and where is the problem with liquid /gummyrom/and cyanhacker rom...
they all have same problem...if i can fix it, we might have the chance to get 3 more kk flavours...
how to remove this limitation in 160 characters?

Lihis

Oct 10, 2013
lihis.net
First F2FS enabled rom is now available. It's a PA rom. Check the first post.

Before you flash make sure you're running latest TWRP recovery which supports F2FS file system. Eg. this one [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.8.1.0 recovery for u8800pro/u8860. And format the /cache and /data to f2fs, then flash the ROM. Unfortunately there is no enough space for the GAPPS, but if you manage to flash them, post message.

And say thanks to @desalesouche !

andromar

Jun 13, 2013
I've installed twrp 2.8.1.0 installed PA rom got bootloop at animation,wiped cache/dalvik, reboot still bootloop

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Wipe - advanced wipe - repair or change file system. Select system then press change file system and select f2fs and swipe to change it. Then do the same with cash then data. After this flash the rom and enjoy it :).

Reactions: imarsh72

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is latest ports of @desalesouche's roms, original roms here. I store only two or three latest versions per the roms. Remember to say thanks to desalesouche, he have made a great job.

If you need help or you have found a bug or have something interesting to report, then the right thread for that is: 4.4.4-CM11 for huawei honor & Ideos X5 U8800 Pro & others KitKat flavours. Remember to say you are using u8800pro phone to get proper support.
    You should also follow that thread to keep yourself up-to-date.

See #2 post for information and etc.
    See #3 post for some not so popular roms or something..

Cyanogenmod
    cm-11-20140918-UNOFFICIAL-u8800pro - testing..
    + Stable
    + Suitable for daily use
    - Images not showing correctly in stock Browser, Gmail and Feedly.

MokeeOS
    MK44.4-20140928-UNOFFICIAL-u8800pro - Tested
    + Sometimes blazing fast
    - In other hand incredibly slow and laggy
    - Images not shown correctly in some apps (Stock browser, Gmail, Feedly)
    Installation with GAPPS:
    Flash ROM, flash Pico Modular gapps, reboot, when in "Language selection" screen, enable WiFi with "adb -s $PHONESERIAL shell "svc wifi enable"", change input method to iFly keyboard with: "ime set com.iflytek.inputmethod/.FlyIME" -> enjoy

BeanStalk
    BeanStalk-4.4.4010-20140805-u8800pro
    BeanStalk-4.4.4010-20140726-u8800pro

PA
    pa_u8800pro-F2FStest2.zip

GAPPS
    I confirm TKruzze Nano Modular and Pico Modular package to be good to go.
    [GAPPS][4.4.x] OFFICIAL Up-to-Date PA-GOOGLE APPS
    Standard/Minimal GApps BaNkS have gone to retirement :(

Last updated: 2014-10-04
    - Test notes for MokeeOS
    I've tried all versions of des's roms. Even though I appreciate his work and devotion, those roms are NOT stable enough for daily use on pro.

Personally speaking, the best rom for pro right now is CM11 by CrysisLTU. I know it can be cool to have some of the neat features of des's roms, but they simply aren't optimized for our device (even though honor and pro are almost identical).

So, my advice is go for CM11 by CrysisLTU if you plan on doing some multitasking (eg Music & Browsing).
    my next roms for u8800pro would be done with same device tree than crysisltu so... for the benefit of u8800pro users...
    hope all would be fine...
    More information coming on..

Why you are not porting the Lollipop ROMs from u8860 ?!?!
    Because they do not work. Why? Because ROM is made in a way that do not support u8800pro.

Sound quality in CM/MK/BeanStalk/BlueLighting?
    Sound quality/volume is same in all roms. Quality is good and in call volume is okay.

Do you test these roms?
    I test the Cyanogenmod and MokeeOS builds and I'm trying to test them immediately after desalesouche uploads them. Currently I'm not planning to test other roms.

Do you test the rom with dalvik or art?
    So far I have been tested the roms with dalvik only.

Which rom is the best?
    There is no answer for that. Personally I prefer CM roms and sometimes MK. Test different roms and use that what do you think is the "best" one and suitable for you needs.

Multi-tasking?
    Difference's. The more you have apps installed the more laggier your phone gets.. You need to test which rom suits your needs the best.

Bluetooth? Does it work?
    Should be ok, send a message if not. When you enable bluetooth, device name is "Huawei Honor" instead of Pro. I can't affect that device name when I do these ports.
    Even though I appreciate his work and devotion, those roms are NOT stable enough for daily use on pro.

I disagree, I have used CM11 build 20140621 for a month now as a daily driver. It's stable, it's not laggy or sluggish and everything works. But some of the builds is not stable and the performance is poor so they cannot be used as daily driver, like CM11 build 20140701 seemed to be sluggish when I tested it. I have not tested some heavy multitasking or playing high-end games (if you do not count 2048 :D) with these roms.

I should test CrysisLTU rom some time..
    I've tried all versions of des's roms. Even though I appreciate his work and devotion, those roms are NOT stable enough for daily use on pro.

Personally speaking, the best rom for pro right now is CM11 by CrysisLTU. I know it can be cool to have some of the neat features of des's roms, but they simply aren't optimized for our device (even though honor and pro are almost identical).

So, my advice is go for CM11 by CrysisLTU if you plan on doing some multitasking (eg Music & Browsing).