[Carrier Unlock] SGS4G AROMA Unlocker

Search This thread

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
presents.png

unlocker_title.png

AROMA Edition

I have released my paid app that will let you easily unlock your phone with a native Android app at the touch of a button! If you have trouble using my free unlock methods the app will be able to unlock your phone even if the unlock code did not work.
Check the app thread for more info: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2243585

I've been meaning to make a foolproof script that works in AROMA and in any ROM/Kernel combination. This project provides just that, a zip file that's flashable in recovery that gets you your carrier unlock code easily and quickly. No need to install extra apps or mess around with hex editors on your computer.

unlocker_news.png

November 7, 2012
Version 1.0
Initial AROMA Release
-- Unlocker script modified to work in a cwm/twrp recovery environment

unlocker_features.png

Easily gets your Samsung Galaxy S 4G carrier unlock code
Works in CWM/TWRP
Works in Gingerbread/Ice Cream Sandwich ROMs
No need to install extra apps
No need to use hex editors

unlocker_prerequisites.png

A rooted phone with a custom (CWM/TWRP) recovery

unlocker_instructions.png

Download sgs4g_unlocker_vxx.zip to your phone
Reboot to recovery
Flash sgs4g_unlocker_vxx.zip
Copy down your unlock code from the results screen
Power off your phone, place the non T-Mobile SIM card into your phone, turn it on and use your unlock code to unlock your phone

unlocker_source.png

AROMA Unlocker on GitHub

unlocker_credits.png

sanfranx415 and SS2006 for the steps to unlock
stephen_w for his contributions to the project
bswann for providing a bml dump to find a duplicate code bug
streblo for helping with an sh syntax error
amarullz for creating AROMA
Team Acid for being awesome :D

Last edited:

rush420

Feb 14, 2011
aiken
so easy you are awesome using heb miui good job thanks

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda app-developers app

jeriley1025

Oct 16, 2010
I just tried this with stock GB, AntonX Basic with a Twist kernel CWM v5.0.2.8. When I flash the unlocker it brings me through the FB splash screen to the "Press Next to continue" screen. Once I press Next, it kicks me back into CWM. I've tried this multiple times with the same result.

zonly1

Dec 9, 2010
SL,UT
On Valhalla Black FB CWM voodoo Lagfix Recovery v5.0.2.7. Goes into the AROMA Unlocker, I press next and it returns me back to the recovery menu. I think I'll try TWRP unless you say otherwise.

ArmyofTracy

Jul 6, 2012
HOUSTON
Using slim ics with pimp my Rom tweaks, kg4 modem and jefe kod v3b kernel....the first time it just rebooted my phone, did it again and it gave me the code. Awesome job Fb.

Sent from my Slim ICS ultra modded Galaxy S 4G

brandonc0526

Apr 25, 2011
Miami
Hey FB, Im running the latest AOKP release with TWRP and i couldn't get it to flash. It kept telling me it failed with no explanation and only 3 options; wipe cache, reboot system, home

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
Hi, I need some testers for the unlocker android app I'm making.

I need people who can verify whether or not a phone has been locked/unlocked (this means that you'll need a working non-tmobile sim card)

Make sure you have a backup of /efs before you do anything else!

Please come by #teamacid for more details, here are the instructions on how to join our channel:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1549317

Reactions: hittzman

hittzman

Oct 4, 2011
NYC
Worked like a charm

This was the method that worked for me after the other method gave me an error message saying" Busybox was not installed correctly......"

.FB ....Make sure you have a backup of /efs before you do anything else!...
Done.:good:

I am running the stock firmware with a slightly modified kernel and CWM-based voodoo Lagfix Recovery v.5.0.2.7. I used an inactive AT&T sim card. My carrier is T-Mobile and it appears to
be unlocked, although I haven't yet verified it through using an active AT&T or any sim other than T-Mobile.

Thank You FB for Your Magic Again

EDIT> I flash another kernel (AntonX Basic with a Twist SGS4G KJ6 1.1.3 kernel) All locks still read "OFF".

Attachments

• snap20121207_215824.jpg
    snap20121207_215824.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 428
  • snap20121207_215903.jpg
    snap20121207_215903.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
Reactions: FBis251

karankyb

Apr 5, 2011
Chicago
This was the method that worked for me after the other method gave me an error message saying" Busybox was not installed correctly......"

Done.:good:

I am running the stock firmware with a slightly modified kernel and CWM-based voodoo Lagfix Recovery v.5.0.2.7. I used an inactive AT&T sim card. My carrier is T-Mobile and it appears to
be unlocked, although I haven't yet verified it through using an active AT&T or any sim other than T-Mobile.

Thank You FB for Your Magic Again

EDIT> I flash another kernel (AntonX Basic with a Twist SGS4G KJ6 1.1.3 kernel) All locks still read "OFF".

what kernel did you use to get the unlock code? or where you using AntonX Basic with a Twist SGS4G KJ6 1.1.3 kernel from the start?

i have the same kernel with stock rom and root ..... all it does it once i hit next ... it kicks me out to recovery screen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    presents.png

unlocker_title.png

AROMA Edition

I have released my paid app that will let you easily unlock your phone with a native Android app at the touch of a button! If you have trouble using my free unlock methods the app will be able to unlock your phone even if the unlock code did not work.
    Check the app thread for more info: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2243585

I've been meaning to make a foolproof script that works in AROMA and in any ROM/Kernel combination. This project provides just that, a zip file that's flashable in recovery that gets you your carrier unlock code easily and quickly. No need to install extra apps or mess around with hex editors on your computer.

unlocker_news.png

November 7, 2012
    Version 1.0
    Initial AROMA Release

unlocker_features.png

Easily gets your Samsung Galaxy S 4G carrier unlock code
    Works in CWM/TWRP
    Works in Gingerbread/Ice Cream Sandwich ROMs
    No need to install extra apps
    No need to use hex editors

unlocker_prerequisites.png

A rooted phone with a custom (CWM/TWRP) recovery

unlocker_instructions.png

Download sgs4g_unlocker_vxx.zip to your phone
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash sgs4g_unlocker_vxx.zip
    Copy down your unlock code from the results screen
    Power off your phone, place the non T-Mobile SIM card into your phone, turn it on and use your unlock code to unlock your phone

unlocker_source.png

AROMA Unlocker on GitHub

unlocker_credits.png

sanfranx415 and SS2006 for the steps to unlock
    stephen_w for his contributions to the project
    bswann for providing a bml dump to find a duplicate code bug
    streblo for helping with an sh syntax error
    amarullz for creating AROMA
    Team Acid for being awesome :D
    unlocker_changelog.png
    unlocker_downloads.png

November 7, 2012
    Version 1.0
    sgs4g_unlocker_v1.0.zip
    Initial AROMA Release
    Yeah I didn't test much in GB. Thanks for the reports guys. I'll try to flash to GB soon to check what's going on.