Free SIM-Unlock Codes for Optimus 2X

Search This thread

rottenpenguin

Jun 17, 2011
Last edited:

rottenpenguin

Jun 17, 2011
Why shouldn't it be allowed? Is there some rule barring to post free unlock links I'm not affiliated with in any way? If so, I kindly ask the mods to delete this thread.

But the thread on the Optimus G forum is there since almost 3 weeks and nobody complained...

Is this even allowed to post in xda ?:what:

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

louiscypherbr

Oct 12, 2010
São Paulo
It's not illegal to unlock phones, so I think there is no problem with thread
Btw, thanks for the useful post. This should be linked on a sticked p990 "all you need to know"

Reactions: rottenpenguin

machoman1337

Aug 2, 2012
Greater Detroit Area
Looks good - I think people are just skeptical because usually unlock codes need to be bought (around $7.99 at the lowest), so we think "warez" when we see "free." Of course certain models like the iPhone and my old HTC Desire Z can be unlocked through pure software exploits (related to baseband) but those are more well documented.

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
It works! after 4 day you get 3 codes nck nsck spck. My phone was locked to telenor hungary and now it works with vodafone sim card.

Reactions: Justray and tomce5

tomce5

Jan 16, 2011
Skopje

I've read about privacy issues with sharing your IMEI. There is always that uncertainty that someone might do you wrong.
But from what I've read fremyblackberry has been around for more than 2 years and has tons of forum posts on different sites that confirm a satisfying service. Having said that, i think that it is unlikely that the service itself would abuse your IMEI.

However one should NEVER post IMEI-s in a public forum. I've stumbled upon forums where some user offers free unlocking by code, and users blindly race to post their IMEI hoping to get a free unlock. That way those codes can be read by the whole world, which is far more likely for them to be abused by someone.

Bottom line is, if in doubt, don't do it.

deewhy

Jan 16, 2012
do I need to be on stock ROM to unlock?

I tried dialing 2945#*990# in CM10 and nothing happened

rottenpenguin

Jun 17, 2011
Hi deewhy,

Yes, you have to revert to stock first. You should do a nandroid backup before. I suppose the CM ROMs don't contain the code for unlocking SIM-locks.

After unlocking it, just restore the backup.

Reactions: deewhy

skyjackno1

Jan 16, 2012
OnePlus Nord
Hi deewhy,

Yes, you have to revert to stock first. You should do a nandroid backup before. I suppose the CM ROMs don't contain the code for unlocking SIM-locks.

After unlocking it, just restore the backup.

And can i flash the rom via CWM? Or it's necessary to do trough smartflash?

Thanks,and sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:

rottenpenguin

Jun 17, 2011
It depends how you flash a stock ROM.
If you flash a stock rom ZIP file, you will be able to restore CM via CWM recovery.
If you flash a stock rom in .fls/.bin file, your CWM recovery will be overwritten, and it will be more difficult to reinstall CM.

Reactions: skyjackno1

Top Liked Posts