Sensation not turning on

Search This thread

noodleyhead

Aug 4, 2011
FIXED: here is my solution

For anyone else who may come across this thread and might have the same problem of their phone not booting up, this is what I did:

First I went into recovery and wiped everything.
Then, I reflashed the same rom over and over, but was not successful in making the phone boot up all the way.
I was planning on going with RUU, once i found one that would work with my phone model, but before I did that, @JJeamy suggested I try to flash a different ROM(ViperS) than the one I was flashing before, and so I tried that, and it worked! :D

I am S-ON, so I followed step 4B on this thread(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1631861) to flash the ROM (Thanks to Asskicker for the awesome guide). It says so in the guide as well, but remember to enable smartflash before flashing the ROM.

So basically, if your phone is not booting up, wipe everything off your phone, then flash a new ROM(using the guide), and you should be good to go!

And lastly, a huge thank you to everyone who replied and helped me, I would give all you awesome people a hug if I could. I learned a lot too, and am more aware now of how everything works. THANKS GUYS! :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: JJeamy

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
For anyone else who may come across this thread and might have the same problem of their phone not booting up, this is what I did:

First I went into recovery and wiped everything.
Then, I reflashed the same rom over and over, but was not successful in making the phone boot up all the way.
I was planning on going with RUU, once i found one that would work with my phone model, but before I did that, @JJeamy suggested I try to flash a different ROM(ViperS) than the one I was flashing before, and so I tried that, and it worked! :D

I am S-ON, so I followed step 4B on this thread(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1631861) to flash the ROM (Thanks to Asskicker for the awesome guide). It says so in the guide as well, but remember to enable smartflash before flashing the ROM.

So basically, if your phone is not booting up, wipe everything off your phone, then flash a new ROM(using the guide), and you should be good to go!

And lastly, a huge thank you to everyone who replied and helped me, I would give all you awesome people a hug if I could. I learned a lot too, and am more aware now of how everything works. THANKS GUYS! :laugh:

can you tell which rom did you try to flash in first place?

noodleyhead

Aug 4, 2011
can you tell which rom did you try to flash in first place?

Oh right forgot to mention that. It was Android Revolution. It wasn't that there was anything wrong with that ROM, it's a great one actually. But I think after flashing it too many times to try and get rid of my boot loop, I must have messed something up. I'm sure if I redownloaded it and reflashed it the same way I flashed ViperS, it would work perfectly fine. I just decided to use ViperS just to see if I could fix my problem by flashing a different ROM altogether.

Last edited:
Reactions: rzr86

Top Liked Posts