return phone for warrenty

Search This thread

MICH_**

Jul 5, 2013
I have custom recovery, bootloader unlocked and s-off. My phone does not power on anymore. Not a single signal. Not even the LED lights up when plugged into the charger.. I think i will send it to HTC. Is HTC able to spot that is it unlocked etc. ?

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
I have custom recovery, bootloader unlocked and s-off. My phone does not power on anymore. Not a single signal. Not even the LED lights up when plugged into the charger.. I think i will send it to HTC. Is HTC able to spot that is it unlocked etc. ?

If you unlocked it with HTCdev.com, then yes they will be able to. But usually unlocking the bootloader doesn't make the entire device stop working. They might blame you for over clocking or something, but there isn't anything you can do about it. You obviously can't re-lock it, so I would just send it in and hope that they don't care.

MICH_**

Jul 5, 2013
If you unlocked it with HTCdev.com, then yes they will be able to. But usually unlocking the bootloader doesn't make the entire device stop working. They might blame you for over clocking or something, but there isn't anything you can do about it. You obviously can't re-lock it, so I would just send it in and hope that they don't care.

The bootloader was unlocked before it stopped working. I was able to install the stock rom. I have i plan how i could make it completely stock.. but for my plan i need it to boot into recovery.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
The bootloader was unlocked before it stopped working. I was able to install the stock rom. I have i plan how i could make it completely stock.. but for my plan i need it to boot into recovery.

You can't make it stock if you can't turn it on. Honestly, there is NOTHING you can do right now except send it in if the phone doesn't even get to the bootlaoder or RUU modes.

I don't think HTC will not fix it though. They should be fine with it.

MICH_**

Jul 5, 2013
You can't make it stock if you can't turn it on. Honestly, there is NOTHING you can do right now except send it in if the phone doesn't even get to the bootlaoder or RUU modes.

I don't think HTC will not fix it though. They should be fine with it.

Ok, i will send it to HTC and hope for the best :) thank you :)

MICH_**

Jul 5, 2013
I made the bootloader to show "locked" and flashed the stock recovery!

How to get s-on now?

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Are you sure? Do i have warranty with s-off?

Well, it depends. Usually, HTC will only check for the TAMPERED flag and the bootloader status. But sometimes, they may have a problem with the phone being S-OFF.
I S-ON'ed my phone before giving it for warranty repair.

Anyways, whether u will S-ON the phone or not, ill tell u how to S-ON.
Put the phone in fastboot mode. On ur PC, open command prompt and type:
fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

Then, do what the screen shows

HOWEVER, DO NOT S-ON UR PHONE IF HBOOT IS 1.55 OR ABOVE. THE TAMPERED LOGO WILL RE-APPEAR

Last edited:

MICH_**

Jul 5, 2013
Well, it depends. Usually, HTC will only check for the TAMPERED flag and the bootloader status. But sometimes, they may have a problem with the phone being S-OFF.

HOWEVER, DO NOT S-ON UR PHONE IF HBOOT IS 1.55 OR ABOVE. THE TAMPERED LOGO WILL RE-APPEAR

okay, i will try to get s-on. But how to do so? Does it work by just typing "fastboot writesecureflag 3" ?

MICH_**

Jul 5, 2013

Then, do what the screen shows

I am on hboot 1.55... so no chace for s-on?

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
okay, i will try to get s-on. But how to do so? Does it work by just typing "fastboot writesecureflag 3" ?

Post the output after typing in that command. I don't remember TBH. But I will once u post the output

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

I am on hboot 1.55... so no chace for s-on?

Downgrade to 1.44. You can do so because ur S-OFF. Then type in that command to S-OFF
If u do it on 1.55, TAMPERED will re-appear and there will be no warranty

MICH_**

Jul 5, 2013
Post the output after typing in that command. I don't remember TBH. But I will once u post the output

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Downgrade to 1.44. You can do so because ur S-OFF. Then type in that command to S-OFF
If u do it on 1.55, TAMPERED will re-appear and there will be no warranty

How to downgrade?

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Reactions: MICH_**

MICH_**

Jul 5, 2013
Download this:
https://mega.co.nz/#!ORtGHIqT!qp1EZFa7jidXxO4DXhhdsiLL8SbDSA1FNJfoz9DgpIo

in bootloader/FASTBOOT USB, flash it:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip 1.29.401.12_hboot_1.44.zip
fastboot flash zip 1.29.401.12_hboot_1.44.zip <---- just in case the above said “failed flush again”
fastboot reboot-bootloader
--> and confirm hboot is now 1.44

Does the phone reboot after "fastboot oem rebootRUU" ?

the version is 1.29.401.12 but 2.24.111.3 is running on my phone. Does this matter?

MICH_**

Jul 5, 2013
edit android-info.txt to meet your phone CID & MID

which lines should i change?
My CID is: T-MOB101

IMAG1706.jpg

Top Liked Posts