Android L on Xperia Z

Search This thread

kingrion88

Oct 28, 2013
If any developer that I know of from Xperia Z, it will definitely be @pabx first to release Android L.
He was the first to bring KitKat over to Z in just a matter of days. In fact, it was not with some unusable build either. A full usable rom for daily driver.

navin2max

Jun 3, 2014
Los Angeles
plus.google.com
Android L = Awesome Xperia Z !

Yes..!!!:good::good:

I totally agree with Android L being ported to Xperia Z....!!! It's much better than any software till now...

Here are the reasons;

Key Features:

Improved Notifications
Project Volta: Improved Battery Life (Needed for Xperia Z, due to battery drain issue in Kit Kat)
Google Fit...Competition for Apple's Healthkit
Better Web Integration

Runs on ART extension , (support for 64bit systems), (Dalvik is being ditched).

Since RAM usage will be less, and apps usage and loading time will be faster...

So lets wait for CM, PAC, Carbon...or some other developer till then...

Cheers...

jasonlawkk

Apr 24, 2011
hong kong
Yes..!!!:good::good:

I totally agree with Android L being ported to Xperia Z....!!! It's much better than any software till now...

Here are the reasons;

Key Features:

Improved Notifications
Project Volta: Improved Battery Life (Needed for Xperia Z, due to battery drain issue in Kit Kat)
Google Fit...Competition for Apple's Healthkit
Better Web Integration

Runs on ART extension , (support for 64bit systems), (Dalvik is being ditched).

Since RAM usage will be less, and apps usage and loading time will be faster...

So lets wait for CM, PAC, Carbon...or some other developer till then...

Cheers...

But the image still not online :eek:

taffypride

Dec 1, 2010
Wells
Not impressed with it so far.

Auto Rotate toggle? Already on my stock 4.4.2

Adaptive Brightness? Already in all versions of Android.

Those are just two things I picked up on....

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium HD app

Akiainavas

Mar 26, 2012
Basingstoke
Screw Sony then, we would get then unofficial ported ROM or sth. 'going to unlock my BL due this. I'd like to get this ROM

I don't expect Sony to update Xperia Z to 5.0 - we will probably hear "you already received 3 updates, that's it folks".

IMO it shouldn't be about how many versions you receive - it should be about a timeframe. If your phone doesn't receive updates after 1,5 years, then maybe you should stop making new phones every 6 months if you can't manage to update them - and look at other companies like HTC, Samsung ( yes... ) or perhaps Apple who offers iOS8 to a 4,5 years old iPhone 4S.

Does my post sound like I'm angry with Sony ? Good, because I am...

KitKat was a disappointment. Been waiting almost a year and received nearly no new features apart from UI redesign which doesn't really matter to me anyway and tons of bugs, battery woes etc. To be honest - every single release had some kind of problems, especially with battery life...

Last edited:

gerickjohn

May 29, 2011
I don't expect Sony to update Xperia Z to 5.0 - we will probably hear "you already received 3 updates, that's it folks".

IMO it shouldn't be about how many versions you receive - it should be about a timeframe. If your phone doesn't receive updates after 1,5 years, then maybe you should stop making new phones every 6 months if you can't manage to update them - and look at other companies like HTC, Samsung ( yes... ) or perhaps Apple who offers iOS8 to a 4,5 years old iPhone 4S.

KitKat was a disappointment. Been waiting almost a year and received nearly no new features apart from UI redesign which doesn't really matter to me anyway and tons of bugs, battery woes etc. To be honest - every single release had some kind of problems, especially with battery life...

KitKat's battery drain was not Sony's fault however. It was Google and Google Services, as with a previous version I cannot recall. Those kind of things are out of their reach since it varies from phone to phone with its version. I do agree however that there are some "kinks" that need to be remedied. I cannot understand why they refuse to unify most builds so they run similar applications. Like for example the stock KitKat apps (like Messaging and Settings) on my Z are totally different from Z2's stock apps running KitKat

Last edited:

zed011

Jan 18, 2011
Selling my phone right away if they announce the Z won't be updated to Android L.

deniel

Sep 27, 2010
Selling my phone right away if they announce the Z won't be updated to Android L.

Do it! you think that somebody of us will beg you to stop? or sony CEO will appear and give you android 100?
Just stop complaining kid, if you have enought money for an other phone just to have a better toy to play with, feel free and buy it, we don't care. And in 6 months you will complain again for a new update that roll out, and with a new Brand that won't provide it to you.
I bought xperia Z because I was fine on how it was, it had everything i needed and I liked it. Why you bought it if you have to cry? Or yo mean it was good until something new came out? that is so illogical. stop looking to the neighbour's grass and just be happy whit what you have.

dvd777

Jul 14, 2011

Maybe it is all on purpose. Bugs, bugs and bugs but redesign UI and everybody is happy at the moment they upgrade it's firmware. And than, bitterness strike.
Maybe Sony wanna make XZ more and more buggy so it's users can look forward to Z2 or Z3, because XZ is still very capable of doing practically anything and is still strong and better phone than most 2014 mid-rangers and all Xperia non-Z models.

Yesterday I compared for couple of hours Z2 on 4.4.2 with my XZ 4.4.2. UI Smoothness is basically the same. WiFi/3G surfing the same, talk quality the same. Photo and 1080 video quality has very small improvement on XZ2. OK, sound quality, battery and screen are way better, but for common users like me, transition to XZ2 is freaking waste of money, except for battery duration. I switched in May 2013 form HTC Desire to Xperia Z and that cost me 100 EUR. Now, July 2014, transition form XZ to XZ2 would cost me 250 EUR. For what? Better AnTuTu benchmark score :)

Last edited:

joejoe23

Jan 5, 2013
singapore
Maybe it is all on purpose. Bugs, bugs and bugs but redesign UI and everybody is happy at the moment they upgrade it's firmware. And than, bitterness strike.
Maybe Sony wanna make XZ more and more buggy so it's users can look forward to Z2 or Z3, because XZ is still very capable of doing practically anything and is still strong and better phone than most 2014 mid-rangers and all Xperia non-Z models.

Yesterday I compared for couple of hours Z2 on 4.4.2 with my XZ 4.4.2. UI Smoothness is basically the same. WiFi/3G surfing the same, talk quality the same. Photo and 1080 video quality has very small improvement on XZ2. OK, sound quality, battery and screen are way better, but for common users like me, transition to XZ2 is freaking waste of money, except for battery duration. I switched in May 2013 form HTC Desire to Xperia Z and that cost me 100 EUR. Now, July 2014, transition form XZ to XZ2 would cost me 250 EUR. For what? Better AnTuTu benchmark score :)
Then you should get the g3 ? I think the g3 is a better upgrade than the z2 . Different ui , higher res , bigger screen but smaller size than the z2 . Getting a z2 or z1 for upgrade is like getting a slightly bigger screen size with more power .

zed011

Jan 18, 2011
Do it! you think that somebody of us will beg you to stop? or sony CEO will appear and give you android 100?
Just stop complaining kid, if you have enought money for an other phone just to have a better toy to play with, feel free and buy it, we don't care. And in 6 months you will complain again for a new update that roll out, and with a new Brand that won't provide it to you.
I bought xperia Z because I was fine on how it was, it had everything i needed and I liked it. Why you bought it if you have to cry? Or yo mean it was good until something new came out? that is so illogical. stop looking to the neighbour's grass and just be happy whit what you have.

... how was that a complaint? I am simply stating I am selling it if they announce the exclusion in their update roadmap. How you come up with all these impressions of me being a whiner is beyond me. I do have money to buy any phone really but I don't mind keeping the Z a little longer.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Was that relevant for the topic? just do it. it's full of people complaining. if Android L wasn't going to come out, you think your phone was horrible? if yes, why people bought it? if no, why the hell you want android L?

And was any of your posts ( calling somebody a kid just because you doesn't agree with his reasons etc. ) actually relevant to the topic ? Not really.

Why the hell does he want Android L ? Maybe because all major KitKat releases for Xperia Z are ridden with bugs ? Maybe because of the new, attractive features and interface that even older devices will get ? There's plenty of reasons to want an update, and you know it - otherwise you wouldn't be here - on software development oriented website...

Honestly, it's really hard not to notice this trend of immediately attacking and silencing anyone who dares not to be happy with any, even slightest detail about their device...
    Damn. Stop arguing about this guys.

Aren't we all here in the first place because we like the latest tech or the latest software for our devices?

If anyone wants to sell a device that's now a couple of generations behind to ensure that they get the latest version of Android, then that's their business. It's not like the phone only released 3 months ago. The support from Sony has been great, but there's nothing wrong with moving on if that support stops.

Better to actually take action if you're not happy than just sit here whining about Sony like some people do. ?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
    If you wanna fast, prompt and have every single update, than You buy Nexus.
    I wanna have Sony and dont mind about updates. Xperia Z is still very powerfull device and it will have developers and we shall have many Android L roms.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z C6603 using Tapatalk