[Q] Nexus Screen gets colored pixel snow

Search This thread

rozin

Jul 8, 2014
I have a nexus 5 rooted with stock rom and kernel and stock recovery+ xposed+GravityBox and some other xposed modules.
this happened sunday and again today.
I unlocked the screen and then the screen looked like that:

even on reboot the screen still was with the pixel snow
and after a few minutes of locking and unlocking repeatedly the screen turned OK again.
couldn't find a lot of information online.
does anyone knows why has this happened?
has someone experienced this kind of failure?
any advice?
thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-20140708-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20140708-WA0007.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 447

doctor_droid

Oct 29, 2012
Indore
Definitely a hardware fault.... Had exactly the same screen on my n86 when the repair guyz told me that flex cable was damaged...

Reactions: rozin

rozin

Jul 8, 2014
thanks..
the problem is I bought the phone on ebay and had it sent to my uncle who was in the states for a business trip and then he brought it to me when he finished his trip.
I'm not from the US so I don't know who should I complain to :\
sending it back to the US and **** will take a lot of time and probably money

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
thanks..
the problem is I bought the phone on ebay and had it sent to my uncle who was in the states for a business trip and then he brought it to me when he finished his trip.
I'm not from the US so I don't know who should I complain to :\
sending it back to the US and **** will take a lot of time and probably money

Totally depends on the device's IMEI. If the IMEI if not of the country you're residing in, warranty goes out of the window. In any case, you need to send it in to get it fixed whether it's under warranty or not.

Good Luck :good:

doctor_droid

Oct 29, 2012
Indore
Totally depends on the device's IMEI. If the IMEI if not of the country you're residing in, warranty goes out of the window. In any case, you need to send it in to get it fixed whether it's under warranty or not.

Changing the flex cable won't cost alot...
If the screen is damaged (i hope its not) it will hurt...
So best is to get it done from local lg service center ..as u have no warranty by any means

Wrong post quoted :p

Reactions: rozin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's a hardware failure. Most probably the screen or the Flex cable went bad. It can only be solved by replacing it.
    Definitely a hardware fault.... Had exactly the same screen on my n86 when the repair guyz told me that flex cable was damaged...

Changing the flex cable won't cost alot...
    If the screen is damaged (i hope its not) it will hurt...
    So best is to get it done from local lg service center ..as u have no warranty by any means

Wrong post quoted :p