[APP] Localized Apps

Search This thread

Shani Ace

May 2, 2006
Sadly this doesn't work on Andoird 7.
I can create a shortcut, but if I only set the language, it will still use the system language.
If I also change the country, it just crashes.

The app (the one from page) also doesn't ask for root permissions, which is probably the problem...

Last edited:

Shani Ace

May 2, 2006
Not sure, but probably this app will work on recent Android versions, even on non-rooted device, if you grant android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION permission through adb, as described here: https://xdaforums.com/verizon-galaxy-note5/general/how-to-grant-permission-to-change-t3249151
Did anybody try this?
Well I did just that, but now I need an app to try it with.
Because Localized Apps doesn't work properly. In Google Play it says it's not compatible with my device.
If I install it with the apk provided in this thread and create a shortcut, it's just shows me an unexpected error.

apiffa

Mar 18, 2018
Hi there,
Does anyone know if there is an updated version of tip app for Android Oreo? Or any other workaround?.
Thanks very much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.wiirecords.localizedapps

This app allows you to create shortcuts and choose which language each shortcut will use.

Extremely useful for people who like to use the phone in english and want to use a specific app on another language!

EXAMPLE: android system in english and run google maps in portuguese

Using a localized shortcut is slower because it has to change the language and then change it back after exiting the app. Please be patient!

The localization depends on the 3rd party app, this app will not translate it!

Android does not have support to launch applications on different languages. The workaround is to change the system language during the app execution.

You should use ISO639 languages (en, pt, fr, es, de, it, etc) and ISO3166 countries (US, BR, FR, ES, DE, IT, etc).

screenshot_480x854_en_main-168x300.png
    screenshot_480x854_en_select-168x300.png
    screenshot_480x854_en_shortcut-168x300.png
    Guys, if you are rooted, the best solution is Xposed Framework + App Settings MOD which allows you to override (not only) language settings per app. It works well, the rest of the system stays in your original language. Recommended.
    It will only work up to 4.1.2! =(
    Google changed some permissions and the app is not allowed to change the phone settings anymore...

I created another APK to be used on rooted devices:
    1) Remove the previous APK (this is important, you shouldn't have any apk installed)
    2) Copy the attached APK to /system/app/
    3) Reboot

Thanks!
    New version released with a few bugs fixed! =)
    Sure!

You should try MoreLocale2:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.c_lis.ccl.morelocale

This app sets the defaul language to anything you want!