[Batteries]

Search This thread

ahaman

Apr 19, 2011
has anyone tried Anker batteries for HTC Sensation on XL? does it fit perfectly? is it worthed getting an upgrade?

DanTehMan01

Oct 30, 2011
Sheffield
Call me old fashioned or lame but Im running stock and with a heavy amount of use and barely have any drain on the battery at all? the stock battery is 9000!!!!! ok its 1600mAh but thats enough for moi.

Didnt HTC say they were focussing on bettery battery life with newer models/newer ROMs?

blountish

Dec 7, 2010
I bought a ankler battery and fitted it earlier, will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using XDA App

blountish

Dec 7, 2010
Turns out it gets to 89% and wont charge anymore

blountish

Dec 7, 2010
Do not use the ankler battery on the sensation Xl it bricked my phone

ahaman

Apr 19, 2011
please explain how a battery can brick your phone? did you retry on using the stock battery? i just ordered 1900mah anker battery lol

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

oh also u might want to also clear battery stats maybe that would fix the 89% thingy?

blountish

Dec 7, 2010
I dont know what happend and I dont want to risk it again. It just got stuck in boot loop and I had no idea why

mndgz

Nov 15, 2006
Anker

Ordered 2 Anker batteries (1900mAh, Sensation compatible). They work fine on the Sensation, Sensation XL and EVO 3D. Happy days

diegomtoscano

Mar 26, 2011
Quito
Anyone have any idea how good is the mugen 1950 mAh I want to order one but I need some feedback! From some one already using it of course Thanks

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

ahaman

Apr 19, 2011
theres a huge thread in regards to 1950 mah mugen vs 1900 mah anker somewhere in xda... it seems that people are saying that they are slightly better than anker even though they are both 1750mah battery in the inside... but for that kind of price i went straight to anker with no 2nd thoughts lol... i rather buy 2 ankers for 40 bucks than 1 mugen so at least i have 2 spares when i go on holidays =D

R

rhedgehog

Mines quite happily using a 1730ah from a standard sensation at the moment. I think i need to hard reset it though, as it seems only to charge to approx 89%, and i know it did used to work all the way to 100.

meh.

mndgz

Nov 15, 2006
Mines quite happily using a 1730ah from a standard sensation at the moment. I think i need to hard reset it though, as it seems only to charge to approx 89%, and i know it did used to work all the way to 100.

meh.

Welcome to the club. I stuck in a 1900mAh Anker and it only charges up to 89% as well. What ROM are you on?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

R

rhedgehog

And further to that, just grabbed the battery from the evo and it's just popped up to 91%. I'll see if it goes all the way up.

I did notice however, that while the sensation and evo batteries have the same mah and model number, they are not the same.

the evo is 3.8v and 6.57Whr
The sensation is 3.7v and 6.40Whr.
The XL is 3.8v and 6.08Whr (smaller capacity)

Seems the XL might need the extra 0.1v to go all the way to 100%.

UPDATE: Yup, the evo battery charged all the way to 100%, so it looks like the 89% thing could be down to the voltage maybe....

Last edited:

mndgz

Nov 15, 2006
And further to that, just grabbed the battery from the evo and it's just popped up to 91%. I'll see if it goes all the way up.

I did notice however, that while the sensation and evo batteries have the same mah and model number, they are not the same.

the evo is 3.8v and 6.57Whr
The sensation is 3.7v and 6.40Whr.
The XL is 3.8v and 6.08Whr (smaller capacity)

Seems the XL might need the extra 0.1v to go all the way to 100%.

UPDATE: Yup, the evo battery charged all the way to 100%, so it looks like the 89% thing could be down to the voltage maybe....

I will stick the Anker into my EVO 3D and XL will have to do with EVO's battery, will see how that goes.
Because Anker in my old Sensation charges to 100% just fine and I read somewhere that it might be a voltage issue, Anker is limited to 4.2V and XL wants to go up to 4.3V for some reason.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

ahaman

Apr 19, 2011
my anker arrived and confirmed 89% max charge =( have anyone tried battery cache wipe? or that doesnt do anything... i dont have CWM yet to do it

mndgz

Nov 15, 2006
my anker arrived and confirmed 89% max charge =( have anyone tried battery cache wipe? or that doesnt do anything... i dont have CWM yet to do it

Wiped it lots of times, doesn't help. It's a voltage issue. Unless some developer comes up with the workaround the 4.3V charge requirement we will be stuck.

mndgz

Nov 15, 2006
EVO 3D 1750mAh battery charges fine in the XL. And the Anker charges fine in the EVO. Will have to go with that arrangement for now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mugen

I just ordered a mugen battery 1950ma

I give my opinion when I've