Jelly bean is coming tomorrow

Search This thread

dvdbabcock

Feb 25, 2012
so if im on 10o i'll still be able to update straight to jb without going through 11c correct

erwaso

Apr 1, 2011
West Side
Was hassle free for me. I read it on android central and checked for an update and started. Wasnt on LTE either.

dvdbabcock

Feb 25, 2012

ive seen talk about lgnpst to 11c and i just lgnpst'ed to 10o, now that im completely stock(no root, no unlocked bootloader) it wont let me upgrade to 11c, how do i lgnpst to 11c with the 11c tot file i cant find or update to 11c with a zip file through the stock recovery so i can atleast download the jb upgrade when it is available

T

tmease1

How are people rooting this? Im about to lgnpst and I want to make sure that I have a way to root before I do this.

Pony Express

Dec 7, 2010
737 miles from where I was
So, maybe this is a dumb question, but does someone have the 11c file so i can lgnpst to it? i'm on 10o, and really would like to update...

tnx,
e

post 163

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

How are people rooting this? Im about to lgnpst and I want to make sure that I have a way to root before I do this.

try the last link under Unlocking/Rooting
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2077479

Bortzer

Apr 4, 2013
Pittsburgh
Well, first post :D

Got the phone, unlocked, rooted, etc. Then jellybean came out.

Then I flashed back to 10o with lgnpst. Tried to update, got authentication error.

Learned I had to go to 11c.

Flashed 11c with lgnpst. No problems at all.

Went to update and again got the authentication error.

I have set the time ahead to check for updates, could this affect authentication in some way? I am on T-Mobile, but others have not seemed to have issue. Thoughts?

cgigate

Sep 12, 2003
Texas, USA and Toronto,Canada
Well, first post :D

Got the phone, unlocked, rooted, etc. Then jellybean came out.

Then I flashed back to 10o with lgnpst. Tried to update, got authentication error.

Learned I had to go to 11c.

Flashed 11c with lgnpst. No problems at all.

Went to update and again got the authentication error.

I have set the time ahead to check for updates, could this affect authentication in some way? I am on T-Mobile, but others have not seemed to have issue. Thoughts?
sounds like you lose EFS files, check your IMEI#

Reactions: Bortzer

icytrey

Mar 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
So just to be clear. I could restore my backup to rooted and unlocked stock 11c, then relock with freegee and get the update?

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

Pony Express

Dec 7, 2010
737 miles from where I was
So just to be clear. I could restore my backup to rooted and unlocked stock 11c, then relock with freegee and get the update?

That sonds like the way everyone is doing it.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

How would I check that? Sorry for the stupid question, just got into smartphones 2 days ago, trying to absorb as much information as possible.

settings . about phone . status

Reactions: Bortzer

Bortzer

Apr 4, 2013
Pittsburgh
That sonds like the way everyone is doing it.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

settings . about phone . status

Service state under network? I do not have a status selection. If so, it is in service. IMEI is the same as it has always been. I get access to data, phone, mms, etc. I meant to edit, but how would I check if I lost my efs? Would this be evident in my IMEI status? Appreciate the spoon feeding guys, I really do.

Last edited:

majinzen

Jul 25, 2010

Didn't work for me. Had to LGPST back to 11c and do it that way.

Top Liked Posts