ROM Manager backup issue

Search This thread

atmu5fear

Nov 21, 2013
Orangeville
qualityaluminum.ca
I'm a bit confused. I backed up my CM10.0 ROM today using Rom manager. It saved to my ext sd/clockworkmod/backup. Attempting to install CM10.2, kept boot looping after install (darkside wipe, flash Rom, clear dalvik), read a few posts saying upgrade recovery and re flash should fix. Ended up flashing to twrp 2.6.3.1, re flashed cm10.2 and same boot loop. Regardless, I wanted to restore from my back up, but twrp wouldn't locate the restore (which I assume is because it was saved to cwm folder and twrp would look in twrp/backups. So I just re flashed cm10.0 and figured I would use ROM manager to restore from back up. The back up is in sdcard1/clockworkmod/backup and ROM Manager says no backups found. I copied it to the internal sdcard0/clockworkmod/backup folder, still says no backups found. I then copied it to the twrp/backups folder thinking maybe because ROM Manager recognizes I am using twrp that it might be looking there for my back up. So I have a back up, it's there, I just can't get it to show up in ROM Manager or in twrp recovery... I find it frustrating that I can't manually browse to it's location from either, given I know exactly where it is. Where does ROM Manager look for backups so I can move it there? Thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

D

Darth

You can't restore an entire rom image with rom manager. Just apps and data. As far as I remember ...unless rom manager has changed.

The only way to backup and restore entire images is through twrp and cwm. One or the other.

You probably need to flash from scratch now.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...

atmu5fear

Nov 21, 2013
Orangeville
qualityaluminum.ca
You can't restore an entire rom image with rom manager. Just apps and data. As far as I remember ...unless rom manager has changed.

The only way to backup and restore entire images is through twrp and cwm. One or the other.

You probably need to flash from scratch now.

The only option is to "back up current ROM". And even if it does just back up apps and data, that's all I need. Obviously if you have ROM Manager running you're running a ROM. The problem is, whether it backed up the ROM, or just the apps and data, the back up it made does not show up in ROM Manager, but is definitely in the backup folder, viewable through any file manager

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

D

Darth

Nandroid backups and titanium backup are what most use. Always seen mixed reviews about rom manager.