Galaxy tab 2 install question.

Search This thread

BamaBrad

Mar 21, 2014
I just got a galaxy tab 2 7" and was wondering do I have to have a computer to update to a higher version of the android operating system. Now it's 4.0.1 I believe. Thanks for any help and also is there anything I can download that doesn't need a computer?

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
I just got a galaxy tab 2 7" and was wondering do I have to have a computer to update to a higher version of the android operating system. Now it's 4.0.1 I believe. Thanks for any help and also is there anything I can download that doesn't need a computer?

Not necessarily but it always helps. One choice to use is mobile Odin from Chainfire. Make sure you read before you try to use it however

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1347899

Sent from my Wicked S3

BamaBrad

Mar 21, 2014
Thanks for the reply I read some of the attached thread and it said the device must be rooted. The tab is not rooted. I don't have a pc to root the tablet.

Rahul721

Feb 10, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
You should have an over the air (OTA) update available to either 4.1 or 4.2.2.
Just go into settings>About device>Software Update

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
Thanks for the reply I read some of the attached thread and it said the device must be rooted. The tab is not rooted. I don't have a pc to root the tablet.

The last post makes a good point you should have an ota available. The latest version is 4.2.2

Sent from my Wicked S3

BamaBrad

Mar 21, 2014
I checked it and it is 4.1.2. If I want to update it to the latest is there an ota version or do I have to do it on a computer.

BamaBrad

Mar 21, 2014
I did, thats how I know for sure it's the 4.1.2 version. I would just like to update it to a newer version.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
I did, thats how I know for sure it's the 4.1.2 version. I would just like to update it to a newer version.

Lol I don't remember what I was running on mine as I'm not on stock anymore. I thought 4.2.2 was the newest version but of course I could be wrong.

If you tried that and it's the newest version then the only other way is rooting it. You have which version of the tab? Meaning what model number

Sent from my Wicked S3

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
I tried again to check for an update but it says its up to date. The model is SCH-i705

Ah the Verizon variant of the tab 2. Check this thread out. I'm not sure what you can update to, the version your on was basically determined by VZW.

EDIT: make sure you read before doing anything regarding root

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1885558

I have the 3113 wifi only version so mine has a lot more options for roms and what not

Sent from my Wicked S3

Last edited:

zeetherocker

Jan 24, 2012
Bangalore
Habit brother..!! In other threads it becomes a confusion to who I'm referring...!! So....... :/

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts