[VRTHEME] [WIP] AOSP 4.3 for Stock ROMs v0.9 (Status Bar/Notifications)
This theme replaces only requisite altered files within themed .apks - currently only LGSystemUI.apk. However, I am not responsible for any replaced/overwritten themes or mods, non-operational devices, or dead puppies. Flash at your own risk.
This is a WIP and is just the beginning (hopefully). I am, by no means, a developer or great themer. I am mostly learning a lot of this stuff as I go and it takes me time - which I do not have a lot of. I do what I can, whenever I get the chance. Updates most likely will be slow. I am fully open to input or help from any who have some to offer; as long as it isn't a suggestion to add such-and-such feature/element. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Anyways, now that the garbage is done...
AOSP 4.3 for Stock ROMs
This project is to bring as much of AOSP elements as possible to G2 Stock ROMs.
Currently modified packages: LGSystemUI.apk
- Changed Status bar and some notification area icons to AOSP icons
- Combined signal/data and arrows icons for wifi and mobile to match AOSP
- Changed clock and date colors to holo blue
- Blacked out notifications area, replaced and resized pulldown handle
- Moved LG-implemented battery percentage inside the battery (CM style)
- One-Finger notification expansion!! (seriously, LG? Two-finger expansion???)
- Ticker (ongoing) notifications icons are slightly shrunk. I have been looking into this to discover why and fix it.
- Download zip in attachments in this post
- Reboot recovery and flash zip
- Reboot and enjoy!
Currently, this has only been tested on VZW G2 with Malladus ROM. Technically this would work on all Stock-based G2 ROMs, although I know different carrier versions use different images in these apks - which I have not modified yet - so this would not quite look right on other variants. Once I change the rest of the icons, I will update the post reflecting the changes.
A HUGE thanks to:
Okibi for his amazing ROM
Ticklefish for his posts on editing key portions of Android