Lockscreens, status bars and reboot options oh my!

Search This thread

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
From what I've gathered the lockscreen, status bar and reboot option is all rolled up in one framework file. Res something? Anyhow, what I've noticed on all of the ROMs that come with the reboot option, the reboot option zips, and the status bar zips is this; it grays out the main phone menus. The menus used to go to settings, wallpaper changer etc. Stock is white. I happen to like the stock white. Its easier for me to read the gray letters. Ultimately I'd like to see everything black with white lettering. Can anybody point me in the direction of what file needs to be modified and give me a hand in theming/modding that aspect? I'm surprised I haven't seen this mentioned here already. Its becoming increasingly annoying for me to the point where
I won't use a zip if its going to include the dreaded gray menu throughout the phone (shows up in apps too).

Whew! Didn't mean to be so long winded. Also, please don't confuse what I'm saying with JRW's updater zip that inverts the settings screens on Lithium ROM. That's not what I'm talking about.

Cheers.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
Not answering your main question, but status bar goes from SystemUI.apk (about 90-95% of resources for status bar are there). Lockscreen - yes, in framework-res.apk.

Yep. Status bar is mostly in SystemUI.apk, rest of it in framework-res.apk. Reboot is a couple different files, including framework-res.apk for the icon and android-policy.jar for the actual entry in the power options menu.

For everything black with white lettering... that would include some pretty heavy modifications of framework-res/res/values/styles.xml.

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
Yes you are talking about some extensive XML editing. The problem i have run into is tou will get one menu screen just right with black and gray lettering but then when you go to a submenu its all black on black. Ive been chasing this for weeks!! Moto def knows how to make things very complicated :/

Reactions: Darth_Reals

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
Yes you are talking about some extensive XML editing. The problem i have run into is tou will get one menu screen just right with black and gray lettering but then when you go to a submenu its all black on black. Ive been chasing this for weeks!! Moto def knows how to make things very complicated :/

If you're talking about something like Settings.apk with the different categories and such, I think that extra .apk's have to be themed for white-on-black (ex. data manager). I haven't tested my theory though. Most (if not all) text colors/backgrounds are in framework-res/res/values/styles.xml or drawable-hdpi for some backgrounds... so if you wanted EVERYTHING to be white-on-black you could just alter Theme.Light to be a replica of Theme.Black but I'm not sure how that would work out :\

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I can't keep my mind off wanting everything consistent. Most app settings are black except for Motorola stuff. I guess its their way of standing out. I keep saying i'm going to digg in and start a project. I've done lots of websites in my day. Can't be much different. I also themed quite a few blackberrys. We'll see...

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.