[Q] Razr HD Problem (Need help ASAP Please!)

Search This thread

Raabia

Jan 11, 2014
HI!
So for the past couple days my Razr HD has been going crazy. When i turn it on it comes up with almost every single app saying "Unfortunately .... has stopped. The first one or the one that pops up the most often is like .gapps which i believe is the google apps? But once these messages pop up they don't stop, making it extremely hard to get around on my phone. Also about one minute in my homescreen wont work so im stuck in settings or something. Another thing is that it will restart by itself if i leave it alone for a minute. And when I try to wipe it/factory reset, it doesnt work, i come back to everything being the same! ive tried every single way. Fast boot loader, Recovery mode, from settings, turning off restore in setting. Please help! I know it must be like some kind of virus and i really need help, im not the most techy person out there. But my brother is, so if you have something complex, im sure he'll understand.

Thanks

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
HI!
So for the past couple days my Razr HD has been going crazy. When i turn it on it comes up with almost every single app saying "Unfortunately .... has stopped. The first one or the one that pops up the most often is like .gapps which i believe is the google apps? But once these messages pop up they don't stop, making it extremely hard to get around on my phone. Also about one minute in my homescreen wont work so im stuck in settings or something. Another thing is that it will restart by itself if i leave it alone for a minute. And when I try to wipe it/factory reset, it doesnt work, i come back to everything being the same! ive tried every single way. Fast boot loader, Recovery mode, from settings, turning off restore in setting. Please help! I know it must be like some kind of virus and i really need help, im not the most techy person out there. But my brother is, so if you have something complex, im sure he'll understand.

Thanks

You must have tried a cwmr/twrp restore to a previous backup or all the way back to your 1st backup?
I sounds like a corrupted ui.
Rsd lite restore to the newest stock build.
You talk as if your boot is unlocked-so it cannot be relocked.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

HI!

Thanks

Try a safe boot
Power up but when the 1st big m starts press & hold the vol dn key all the way to the chooes launcher screen...

Raabia

Jan 11, 2014
My phones boot loader is locker, because of that update. But it is rooted as of last night. and when i get to the fast boot menu what should i select out of the options?

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
My phones boot loader is locker, because of that update. But it is rooted as of last night. and when i get to the fast boot menu what should i select out of the options?

Wipe data from stk recovery then rsd restore.
1-choose recovery,
2-@ the dead android press & hold both vol keys for 3 sec.
3-wipe data
4-go bootloader
5- ap fastboot
6- run rsd...

Raabia

Jan 11, 2014
Okay so I can do all those things, and I just looked up what RSD was because i was a bit confused, but its a program that i download onto my computer and run it onto my phone to reset it. Am I correct? Sorry, I'm knew to android so I don't know much.

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
Okay so I can do all those things, and I just looked up what RSD was because i was a bit confused, but its a program that i download onto my computer and run it onto my phone to reset it. Am I correct? Sorry, I'm knew to android so I don't know much.

If you are careful not to use the xt907 xmls, I have a guide in my signature-stock restore. All the steps apply to you. You can browse the driod/developers site for the right hd xml for you.

Do try the safeboot first.
You have a locked boot right?
Always choose the latest xml.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Follow the sad Smiley & 98.18.78 (substitute the 'hd build you need). Go for root to the new thread here, general forum

six37

Aug 25, 2012
Just use RSD Lite to restock your phone. It will solve your problem...

1. Download and install RSD Lite 6.1.5 - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ite_v6.1.x.zip
2. Make sure you have installed latest Motorola Device Manager and drivers on your PC - https://motorola-global-portal.custh...81/action/auth
3. Download XT925 stock firmwares (Retail.DE for example...) - http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=6
4. Put the phone in AP Fastboot (Turn off your phone. Press and hold the following buttons at the same time until the screen turns on 1) volume down 2) volume up 3) power. Press Volume down until you reach the AP fastboot in the list. Press Volume up to select) connect it to PC cia usb cable and start RSD Lite
5.(optional) When you extract it and load the rom in RSDLite if you get FLASHING FAILED ˝getvar´ you'll need to edit rom file and delete line with ˝getvar˝ strings and <step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />
<step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" /> strings also.

If your phone is Droid Razr HD XT926 download it's roms from same site in step 3. instead for XT925. http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=5

Let me know how it went... If you have any questions...

Last edited: