Using Android Phone as a touch screen controller for M.O.J.O.?

Search This thread

zhieeep

Mar 30, 2012
Is there an app that would allow you to use your preexisting Android smartphone/tablet as a touch screen controller for the M.O.J.O console?

I am looking for something that would allow full pinch/pull/tap/swipe gesture functionality.

During my search I came across a great number of apps that turn your Android/iPhone device into a wireless remote control/mouse to control your TV or computer, but nothing that would allow you to use one Android device's touchscreen to control another Android device (M.O.J.O. in this instance).

Please let me know if you have any leads. :highfive:

DantessFr

Dec 13, 2010
I already try this app, but unfortunatly it doesn't work.
I use Droidmote.

"Envoyé depuis mon LG-D802 avec Tapatalk"

tincore

Mar 12, 2013
The problem is that if you do not stream the picture back to the phone it can be difficult to know where you are placing your finger.

With my mapper you can stream touches or use parts of the of the phone touchscreen as different kinds of controllers that you can stream but, so far, I have not written multitouch to multiouch streaming.

If this is an scenario useful for some people I would add it.

tincore

Mar 12, 2013
The problem is that if you do not stream the picture back to the phone it can be difficult to know where you are placing your finger.

With my mapper you can stream touches or use parts of the of the phone touchscreen as different kinds of controllers that you can stream but, so far, I have not written multitouch to multiouch streaming.

If this is an scenario useful for some people I would add it.

I have a working alpha with this functionality. If anybody is interested send a PM.

zhieeep

Mar 30, 2012
I have a working alpha with this functionality. If anybody is interested send a PM.

Yes I think there would be a strong demand for this type of function as the number of devices increase per person. Sending the image back to the phone would be difficult and mapping it to known keys seems like the easier solution. If its possible, I would like to try your alpha. :good:

tincore

Mar 12, 2013
Nice work tincore. It looks like you have made some real progress with getting touch screen capability. looking forward to trying it out some time once your have it ready.

This is all on the play store for some days.

Remote connection to Android or PC streaming is available for months. The new thing is the multitouch to multitouch simulation.

gwaldo

Dec 30, 2013
Melb.
xpcoin.com
This is all on the play store for some days.

Remote connection to Android or PC streaming is available for months. The new thing is the multitouch to multitouch simulation.

Hey
Is controller emulation/spoofing possible with an existing controller ?
IE select a popular controller (ie supported by gameloft, etc) then you map buttons/keys/sticks to it..
Mobile gamedev's don't like doing controller mapping for some reason

Edit: the ctrlr works okay on gameloft games but not 100% same with GTA games

Last edited: